January Transfer Window

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
More of the youngsters are going out on loan today according to Captain Buzzkill Moyes.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
I dint know what you mean about talented but he definitely has more ability when it comes to beating his man.

I'm not saying we should be in for him, I just don't think he's as bad as people are making out.

He's definitely better than the current Valencia, though.
So can Mata, playing on that side with Januzaj on the other. Much better. Valencia is muck, and Townsend is a one trick pony, though he did have a good few games for England, but Spurs couldn't be bothered with him being greedy and shooting all the time.

Infra-red

Moyes: "You can stand your cameras down at the gate today, I don't think they will be required. We've done our business and we'll get on with it."

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Moyes "You can stand down your TV cameras at the gates. I don't think they'll be required. We've done our business. We have a few young players who'll go on loan before the window closes. We hope they get experience and become better for it."

So that's it just our youth going on loan.
:(

Infra-red

Glad to hear that after those Townsend rumours!
Yes I'd have to agree. Buying nobody is certainly preferable to buying the wrong players (Townsend, Otamendi, Lallana). As Liverpool showed with their disastrous transfer policy under Dalglish, filling your squad with average talents during a rebuild can set you back a few years. Having said all that, a left back and a central midfielder would really have given the squad a boost.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Yes I'd have to agree. Buying nobody is certainly preferable to buying the wrong players (Townsend, Otamendi, Lallana). As Liverpool showed with their disastrous transfer policy under Dalglish, filling your squad with average talents during a rebuild can set you back a few years. Having said all that, a left back and a central midfielder would really have given the squad a boost.
Most of us were skeptical at the thought of bringing anyone in. Sure Mata doesn't fix every single problem but he can be the catalyst to make others play better from now until summer. With or without a new left-back and centre midfielder we've still had a good run in the January window.

Man-United

Sassuolo from Italy seem to sign a lot of players now. Do they have a rich owner or something?

Loon

:lol:
I'd convinced myself we were going to do a bit of cheeky last-minute business, but I think Moyes is telling the truth this time. Despite a disgusingly early start in the morning, I'm probably going to sit up and watch the Roger Sterling of transfers on SSN tonight -- the wee gobshite.

Red Stone

I the way I sound saying this, but I'll actually be disappointed if we don't get in a centre midfielder today. I think our chances of getting 4th depend on it.

Same goes for a left back, but it's not as crucial.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
I the way I sound saying this, but I'll actually be disappointed if we don't get in a centre midfielder today. I think our chances of getting 4th depend on it.

Same goes for a left back, but it's not as crucial.
I agree. I don't think the upper echelons at OT realise just how crucial today is. Miss out on top 4 = harder to get targets in the summer.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
We will sign parcel force on some form of a deal I reckon.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ester-united-transfers-reds-targeting-6653866
Manchester United are not ruling any more business today - and believe 'three, four or maybe five' new faces will arrive in the summer.

David Moyes joked that the press could stand their cameras down in his pre-Stoke City conference at Carrington this afternoon.

And a senior Reds' source has backed up the manager's claims - but added that staff would remain at the training complex throughout the day for the '0.01 per cent chance' that something may happen.

The source, with detailed knowledge of United's transfer dealings, said: "Everyone will be around for that 0.01 per cent chance today just in case but it's pretty impossible at the moment.

"Clubs are fighting in the Champions League, for Champions League place and they are relaxed about that."

And M.E.N. Sport understands targets have been identified for the summer window and work on bringing them to Old Trafford has already started.

"I would imagine that they would bring in three but you have to balance it," the source added.

"You don't want to bring in too many and destroy the core of the team – you have to be careful about it.

"It could be a case of three in, three out, or even four, maybe more. They have to be the right players and they have identified their targets."

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
Poor window from us. Matic was a good signing, but where the hell is the striker??

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Yeah, it's pretty clear they've got someone lined up for the summer. Cavani, Falcao.. Rooney :nervous:

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Is there anything at all regarding United and a player incoming that I can hang my hopes on for the day. It's eerily quiet.

Varun

Staff
Why's this causing surprise? Ofcourse they're buying someone big in the summer. With all their cash, they would have got a striker in early in Jan if they wanted to.