January Transfer Window

Smores

Wasn't expecting anything else in this window. All signs point to us having tied up some deals for the summer and i reckon they'll be worth waiting for.

Hopefully that Chelsea quote isn't referencing Rooney

Salfordlad70

Is there anything at all regarding United and a player incoming that I can hang my hopes on for the day. It's eerily quiet.
No sure mate! I am totally uninspired by today, it aint gonna happen.In one way I am annoyed, and as we are all aware of the areas in our team that require attention, a solution this month would have been fantastic! On the flip side, we may regret making rash decisions and be better waiting until the summer, and who knows, the players we are seaking may have given us assurances that they'll sign, with or without CL football!! Still more fecked off than happy, and then I think of our Juan and it restores my faith!

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It'll be Costa, Falcao, Cavani or Rooney.

God help us all.
Well considering the PSG chairmen went mental at the idea of a club signing one of his players. I doubt Cavani will be leaving, Rooney seems to be in the process of signing a new contract. So it's one of Falcao/Costa for me.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
Well considering the PSG chairmen went mental at the idea of a club signing one of his players. I doubt Cavani will be leaving, Rooney seems to be in the process of signing a new contract. So it's one of Falcao/Costa for me.

Costa is my bet. Rooney will stay.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Were these rumours linking United with a bid for Andros Townsend at all serious? It was some yarn being spun by the press, right?

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Moyes has said in the presser no more business will be done this window. We are done.

Devil may care

We got a great player in with the Mata signing, the midfield situation always looked like it was going to have to wait until the summer. Hopefully Mata combined with Rooney and RvP can sneak the 4th spot although I'm not really convinced, but I don't think the club could have done more this window, it was the summer debacle that has hurt us this season.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Can someone dig up some of Glastons posts hailing the signing of Holtby for some lolage.
He wasn't actually that bad this time around. A few "best deal" of the window comments, which to be fair at £1.25m you'd find hard to disagree with...if he hadn't been so underwhelming. He looked a decent-good player at Schalke but he's shown nothing even close to that at Spurs.
"Big names" may grab the headlines, but instead we signed Lewis Holtby for £1.25m - which very probably will prove to be the best deal of any Prem club this window.
What did Kagawa cost, including all possible add-ons? Compare it with £1.25m .... then go figure as to why I say that Holtby will likely prove to be the best deal of this window.
I can't see it. He was a bargain for the price, but in a 4-3-3 (which is what AVB ideally wants) I just don't know who he'd displace. He's only 22 and likely to come on further this season, but I'd forsee more of a squad rotation/injury cover role for him this time around.

Will Absolute

No sure mate! I am totally uninspired by today, it aint gonna happen.In one way I am annoyed, and as we are all aware of the areas in our team that require attention, a solution this month would have been fantastic! On the flip side, we may regret making rash decisions and be better waiting until the summer, and who knows, the players we are seaking may have given us assurances that they'll sign, with or without CL football!! Still more fecked off than happy, and then I think of our Juan and it restores my faith!
There's no compelling reason why this summer should be better than last summer. Moyes has now had two transfer windows to address our most glaring needs and hasn't done so. All he's achieved is some good pr being photographed with Toni Kroos's agent - a player who most likely will re-sign with Bayern Munich.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
Why am I doing transfer muppetry work for you?

Yeah but thats bloody summer by which time City will have won the league when we would have a good chance with a top quality striker this season!

Ekeke

goal saying City have given up on Mangala and Fernando. If even they think its too much money for Mangala it'll say something

Bojan11

All of them have names. All of them have contracts. Enough money and the contracts will be bought out
So you think if they offered enough money that we would sell Rooney?

Do you think Liverpool would sell Suarez?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Higuain would be worth a go, Costa. Hell I would have taken Hernandez, hes better than what we've currently got and could have been part of the Mata deal.
You've had decent forwards in the Hernandez mould, what you need is top quality. Have you sold Ba already?

Blue always red

Moyes to start singing at OT at 10:59 to the tune of Thriller.

'Cause we bought Vidal, we got Vidal tonight
And no keepers gonna save you from the beast when he's about to strike
You know it's Vidal, Vidal tonight
Cleverley's fighting for his place against a killer, thriller tonight

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Moyes to start singing at OT at 10:59 to the tune of Thriller.

'Cause we bought Vidal, we got Vidal tonight
And no keepers gonna save you from the beast when he's about to strike
You know it's Vidal, Vidal tonight
Cleverley's fighting for his place against a killer, thriller tonight

Are you mental or something?

Giggsforever

Hope JM is not talking about Rooney, get the new contract signed asap!

Someone please get at least a rumour alà the Kaka one into the headlines, need some United news for the deadline day show on tv.