Januzaj on loan to Sunderland?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

What do we think? If this means he'll get 30+ Premier League games under his belt then I'm all for it.

Only downside is that I don't think Sunderland will be any better this season then they were last....

Cina

I'd send him anywhere but Sunderland!

Strange one though, I assumed by pre-season that LvG had plans for him this season.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Think he could do with a loan to get games. Sunderland, not so sure like most people. Welbeck and Evans did well at Sunderland on loan. You have to send him somewhere he is guaranteed games. Rossi at Newcastle comes to mind.

Heine

If our coaching team thinks this is the best for his development I'm all for it. Most likely it means that someone is coming in that is placing him farther down the pecking order (Pedro most likely) and thus he needs this for his development. As I stated while still in the newbies I wanted nothing more than seeing him play alot as that would mean he had developed into being good enough for it. Unfortunately that does not seem to be the case, but to quote my Liverpool friends: "Next season"

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Maybe they've phoned up van Gaal and said they would play him as a striker. If van Gaal is indeed thinking of turning him into a striker that might make sense. The downside is it's fecking Sunderland. They'll probably be involved in a relegation scrap where you can't really afford to have youngsters learning their trade being responsible for the goalscoring.

EDIT: Shouldn't this be in the transfer forum?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Wellbeck did well there, they have a decent manager, and I think they will play 433 so Januzaj can do well in one of the 3 attacking roles.
I would have him in my fantasy team tbh if he is going to make this move

Mojo_

its more fun being a feeder
He looked under immense pressure last season and I think it got to him, his confidence looked shot and he looked to be trying too hard with nothing coming off for him. A season at Sunderland with the pressure off will do him the world of good and may just bring out that natural talent he has in him and help him regain his confidence. It will be a good move for him and us and hopefully he'll come back a better player.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Unless we add a couple of attackers I don't see the point. We lack players capable of taking defenders and even if we add pedro, it's not enough. I'd rather he stays.

Also, Sunderland?!

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Would prefer he went to a better club like Everton or Swansea, or even West Ham. He needs to play attacking football. There'll be less pressure on him playing mid-table football most probably. Sunderland are dreadful. Advocaat will probably steer them clear of relegation by a hair, but it will most likely be pretty ugly and I predict they'll be under the kosh most of the season.

Cassidy

Unless we add a couple of attackers I don't see the point. We lack players capable of taking defenders and even if we add pedro, it's not enough. I'd rather he stays.

Also, Sunderland?!
Dutch coach who is going to adopt 433, it actually makes a lot of sense.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Please not Sunderland, I'm glad it's PL level if he is going to go out on loan, but they are a nightmare of a team, unfortunately, I think he'd do well at Pool/Spurs with a more direct set up and could make a bit of a name for himself to bring back. I know they don't typically loan their players as it basically admits we are above them, but they do the same with Barcelona's young wingers, none of whom I've seen more from in comparison to Adnan.

Sylar

I was hoping we would rotate Pereira / Januzaj / Lingard for about a third of the games of our season to give them minutes.
If Januzaj gets lots of game time on loan at another Prem team (with a dutch manager), its not the worst thing. Ideally he would goto a better team, but you know it wont happen (and he wont get as many minutes). Hes still only 20 so minutes is important for him imo.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
It's about our player, so I'd say no.

All the other transfer discussions about our players being sold are in the Manchester United forum.
Alright then. I wasn't sure of the convention used here.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
It's about our player, so I'd say no.

All the other transfer discussions about our players being sold are in the Manchester United forum.
:lol: Pointing out more mistakes wouldn't make yours any less of one. How can a thread solely for the purpose of discussing the potential (temporary) transfer of our player, not be in the transfer forum?

settembrini

We should keep him, he's a massive talent who is easily good enough to get games here.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Would prefer he went to a better club like Everton or Swansea, or even West Ham. He needs to play attacking football. There'll be less pressure on him playing mid-table football most probably. Sunderland are dreadful. Advocaat will probably steer them clear of relegation by a hair, but it will most likely be pretty ugly and I predict they'll be under the kosh most of the season.
Would he actually play consistently for Everton, Swansea or West Ham?

Cassidy

We should keep him, he's a massive talent who is easily good enough to get games here.
The question is would he develop quicker playing/starting games every week. Likely yes, which in the long run will be better for us.
I'm sure he also wants to try and make the team for the EUROS

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Are LvG and Dick good mates?
They're old and dutch... so I'm going to say they're best friends. (much like I'm friends with all British Indian blokes in their late 20's...)

:lol: Pointing out more mistakes wouldn't make yours any less of one. How can a thread solely for the purpose of discussing the potential (temporary) transfer of our player, not be in the transfer forum?
Well, considering that there are zero threads about the loan/transfers of our players in the Transfer forum... It's not much of a mistake!

The Manchester United forum is for news about United players... and Adnan is a United player.

vinit

If we get a new Striker to rotate with Rooney and if Pedro is signed too then maybe it makes sense to send him on loan.
Sunderland currently have Adam Johnson and Seb Larsson on the wings and Fletcher/Defoe as forwards. Adnan should hopefully get a lot of games in that team.
We should send him on a short loan till the Jan transfer window and extend it if he gets enough games

Donut

I'd rather we loan Pereira, since Januzaj is further ahead (especially physically) and with many more games next season he should get plenty of games.

izec

Send him on loan, needs game time and will be a starter there. Not the best club for him in terms of playing style, but the boy needs games in the PL

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
People are taking this shit seriously? He's gone from PSV to Sunderland in a few months :lol:

Cina

the same reason the Di Maria and DDG threads are not in the transfer forum.

Oh and a loan isn't a transfer, FYI.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
If we get a new Striker to rotate with Rooney and if Pedro is signed too then maybe it makes sense to send him on loan.
Sunderland currently have Adam Johnson and Seb Larsson on the wings and Fletcher/Defoe as forwards. Adnan should hopefully get a lot of games in that team.
We should send him on a short loan till the Jan transfer window and extend it if he gets enough games
Can he play?

Cassidy

Did they play like a Dutch side last season though? Don't remember them playing decent football?
He came in and had a job to do to save their ass!
They still played 433 with 3 strikers and played on the counter and got some good results. Januzaj can do well in that system, I here they're also signing M'Villa and Fer in midfield too so I think they will do a bit better this season tbh

DomesticTadpole

Did they play like a Dutch side last season though? Don't remember them playing decent football?
I'd imagine the position they were in, it was more needs must football. He had to keep them up. Maybe that is why they let Wickham go. They have Graham and Fletcher there. Adnan could easily score more goals than them. They might play him as a striker.

SammyUnited_83

I have no idea what the feck we are doing, sorted midfield, now we have torn apart the forward line and our defense is as shaky ever.

Truedevil

If he's going on loan then we have a new striker lined up. I'm fine with that as Januzaj will get games under his belt and we won't have to rely on a youngster if Rooney is out of the team.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I'm all for giving him a loan where he plays first team football consistently week in week out. Not sure if Sunderland is that place, but you'd like to think that LVG has thought this one through.

I'm only assuming that we are bringing in a winger then, because with Di Maria gone and Januzaj potentially going on loan, we may be thin there.

settembrini

The question is would he develop quicker playing/starting games every week. Likely yes, which in the long run will be better for us.
I'm sure he also wants to try and make the team for the EUROS
Well yeah, if you could guarantee me he would start every week then perhaps it would be a good idea. Unfortunately that's not the case with loan deals, some work out well, some fail badly. It seems an unnecessary risk to take with Januzaj's development as I think he will get plenty of games plus better coaching at United.

Cassidy

Well yeah, if you could guarantee me he would start every week then perhaps it would be a good idea. Unfortunately that's not the case with loan deals, some work out well, some fail badly. It seems an unnecessary risk to take with Januzaj's development as I had think he will get plenty of games plus better coaching at United.
I think he'll start. They want to play 433 they got rid of Wickham who was playing in that system but didn't fit as a wide forward. Now they have Graham and Defoe and Adam Johnson. He'll get games for sure IMO

DomesticTadpole

I think he'll start. They want to play 433 they got rid of Wickham who was playing in that system but didn't fit as a wide forward. Now they have Graham and Defoe and Adam Johnson. He'll get games for sure IMO
Forgot about Defoe. Whoops!

Jacob

It's a tough one. I would obviously be happy to see him play week in week out. On the other hand, you'd think he'd stay with us if he was good enough, which he should by his age. I'd rather loan Pereira if anything, Januzaj would have less competition then.

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
Welbeck and Evans did well at Sunderland, no problems with sending Januzaj there. Advocaat doesn't have the best of relationships with LvG though so it's kind of surprising.