Januzaj - Play, Loan, or Sell..

What do you do with an Adnan Januzaj?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champagne Football

There's no way Jose will play him after Tuchel and Van Gaal didn't fancy him. He'd be a very handy squad player. I think a loan actually to a club like Hull City would be best for him seem as he's played very little for the past 2 seasons here

lsd

The Oracle
Some players wont benefit from a loan though and I feel Adnan is one of those .

ryan cook

Still remember that game he had against Sunderland, thinking he was our next big thing but really never kicked on and regressed though he is still 20. I'd like him to start and see how he would play under Mourinho but if it doesn't work out loan him.

Abdou0230

It depends on who else will get sold or bought. Januzaj can play in any of the 3 positions behind the strikers, so if we sold Mata, Lingard & Young for example with Depay most probably getting the kick then we will need Januzaj + 2 more signings with Martial already there, but if we are going to keep Mata and one other then it's better to loan him out to a PL team.

FreeHerrera

Give him one last chance playing for another club in the PL. A club like Southampton or Everton perhaps where he would get regular playing time and also where the expectations would be lower. I feel he has mental issues, and he needs to get his pride sorted out and start playing for the team and not himself.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Hardly started here either.

When two managers don't play you, I'd say the blame lies with the player rather than excuses of being "misused".
Maybe you are partly right as attitude problems have been mentioned however as a caveat one of those managers had a habit of appearing largely clueless when it comes to creative players (LVG) and the other in Tuchel had no incentive to play him as he had more experience/settled players ahead of him who actually were on Dortmund's permanent payroll which highlights just how bad a loan move it was.

He is still only 21 and has shown in spells how good he can be in his first/debut season. I think we need to have a little more patience as with Depay and consider this season a make or break for both.

ManRant

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Would really want to see him to get a fresh new start under the new regime. That being said, I think he is not Mourinho's type of players. So, voted for sell.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Can't see him having any impact unless he trains like a man possessed in pre season and leaves an impression on Mourinho. Otherwise, he isn't going to be starting games, he'll lose confidence, and the same thing will happen like with Van Gaal. A loan would be best for his career I think, to a team that he can actually play consistently in where they play an attacking style. Possibly Bournemouth? Another season on the bench or in the u21's would be terrible for him though.

khoazany

Of course play (this means keeping him and let everyone compete which each other).The "attitude" issue is hugely exaggerated.He was already back to the first team fold from March onward but didn't play much due to injuries and the fact that LVG didn't rotate the attacking players much.Hilariously people tend to defend Pereira more who has been ignored for the whole second half of last season because of his "attitude" while in fact Pereira has done nothing compared to Januzaj and his "attitude problem" seems to be more serious giving how long the punishment was.Short memories I presume.

I don't think Memphis and Lingard's spots in the team are as safe as people think.With the new manager everything will be fresh.

Last edited:

Scarr

I think Mourinho has to give him a chance and Januzaj must take it if he wants a future at this club. He's been pretty much none existence since Moyes left and wether or not this was LVG's fault or his own only time will tell. His loan spell at Dortmund was a disappointment so I doubt another loan would even be worth it. I don't think he lacks experience.

Its frustrating as he has bags of talent and potential, just needs to learn how to utilize it. He needs to get his head down during preseason and train like hell and he'll get his chance. It's make or break for young Adnan sadly. Mourinho could bring the best out of him and I'm hopeful he will!

Reactions: Invictus

Artimities

I think it's only fair to see what Jose thinks. We don't really know what the deal was/ is behind closed doors. If he sees fit to keep him and use him then do it.
On a personal level, I am not the biggest fan of him. I don't dislike him but I don't really like him if that makes sense. Just kinda meh about him so if it were up to me I would sell him and use it on other areas.

3KDré

imagine that Januzaj got minutes what rooney got...
He'd have not done much for sure, playing under LvG. He was here at the beginning of the season playing in his favoured #10 role(which he said himself) and got one assist or goal I think? For most of the games he did absolutely nothing.

I'd like to see him get a chance to train under Mourinho and play a few games, we don't really know how much was down to him and how much down to LVG. If he still can't do it after 6-12 months under Mourinho then its time to let go.

He's shown nowhere near enough to be forcing his way into the team and getting regular minutes but he has enough talent to be afforded the chance to prove he can make it here.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Jose singled him outin 2014 when we played them at Stamford bridge.

“He is a fantastic player,”

“He is not 18, he is 25. He is so mature and comfortable. A very good and important player.

“I just think he is a very good player with the great conditions to have a great long-term career. I don’t know the boy individually, but it looks like he has the lot.”
Hopefully Jose can bring back his career on track. IMO it's way too early to write off a player.

anothermix

IMO I don't see him fitting into Jose's first team or even as a sub. Haven't rated him much either despite all the hype when he debuted. He just seems too fragile and one dimensioned to me.

Hopefully a loan move would be good enough to allow him to prove himself again. If not I guess the only way is to let him go.

Philosophobic

Formerly known as united4eva
I want to hold my judgement for now. I believe on the limited evidence we have, that LVG stifled some of the wingers robbing them of their greatest assets, flair and risk taking. Between Januzaj, Depay and Di Maria we have 3 great examples of players who we know can play and have performed beforehand that simply underperformed under LVG. For that reason I'd love to see if under a new style that encourages their skills to come out whether we may see some improvement. From Depay and Januzaj I hope we have 2 great contributors next year.

I would definitely keep and PLAY both provided we don't sign a Greizemann, or winger of that ilk, I think both are a chance to play games next year as I've never liked Mata at RW.

Reactions: Penna

manunited1919

Sell him.
He has great talent, but the football brain of a 12 year old. He is too individulistic and never took his chances (he got a fair number of them) to integrate and play well for the team. Yes, he can beat a man and he can get a shot, but can he filter a good pass, or defend well? If he wasn't able to develop his team-skills under LVG who gave youth a chance, then he won't be able to do it under JM who prefers more developed players.

bigphil

I put sell but having thought about it a bit more, im more inclined to loan him out to a midtable club..he'd get the game time he sorely needs. I think his progress was dampened after being made out to be special etc but i cant help but noticed hes a one trick pony. He needs to develope more for sure and maybe one day he can grace our number 11 shirt

D4X73r

Loan him

But this time, we should loan him to a club where he can play. Not something like Dortmund last year.
I would prefer a loan to a Championship/small EPL Team so he can show his "natural talent" (like it is posted here more then enough) in an english league.

RedChip

I chose the last one. I think he is a good squad option, if Jose can find a position for him.

GJNJ

I think perhaps it came a bit too early for him, getting his first team chance and then given a bumper contract and maybe effected gis attitude (Something else to slap Moyes with).

Not many players shined under LVG (Something else to slap LVG with)

Although last season didn't go as well, but Mourinho did get the best out of Hazard after giving him some attitude adjustment so maybe he can do the same.

I really don't want to see him sold for him to shine elsewhere because we didn't give him the chance and end up with egg on our face.

I hope that some of the peripheral players, like young, are moved on so that Januzaj can get opportunities. i don't want him to be the main man and to be dropped if his attitude/work rate drops so we still need another RW (thats where i would play him).

If by January and he isn't getting/taking his chances then loan him to another lower prem club.

SambaBoy

He should be in and around the first team depending on his performances. 2 years ago, he was one of the best youngsters in Europe, he hasn't lost that talent but the problem being is that he hasn't really developed in the last two years at what is a critical stage in a young players career.

LvG obviously didn't rate him that highly for whatever reason, and was sent out on loan after a few games this seasons to Dortmund where he barely featured. If he is to make the most of his potential he needs to be playing this season, and I think he's good enough.

He doesn't strike me as a Mourinho type player as the defensive side of his game isn't quite there and he's quite weak but going forward, he has tremendous dribbling and balance, can finish and is quick.

r0663664

Worships Man City
I think Januzaj chance is gone with Jose as manager. There are certain attributes that Jose looks for in a player but sadly Januzaj does not have. I think he is likely to be sold. I don't think he will be around at the start of the season. He may not want to stick around as well.

Rednotdead

I think it's less a question of talent and ability and more a question of attitude and commitment. There's no point in having one without the other.

I'm certain Mourinho will move him on, and rightly so in my view.

Ephrem

Januzaj biggest strength for me is to pick out that creative pass which as of now he is inconsistent. Jose wants fast ,hardworking wingers and always plays with a number 10. I think Pereira have what it takes to be number 10 in the jose team.

But Jose rated him and consider him as a good talent. So if he can have a good pre-season then who knows.

foolsgold

For me, he's in an either / or situation with Memphis.

I'd play AJ and get Memphis on a plane, obviously dependant on attitude from them.

M16Red

Either way, Mourinho and an army of others are, as Hugh Grant’s movie makers once said, simply Mad About The Boy.

He said (Sun, Jan 19, 2014): “He is a fantastic player. He is not 18 - he is 25. He is so mature and comfortable. A very good and important player.”

Mourinho wouldn’t be drawn on whether he would build a successful team around a whiz kid like Januzaj?

“I just think he is a very good player with the great conditions to have a great long-term career,” he added.

“I don’t know the boy individually, but it looks like he has the lot.”

I just hope Januzaj takes he chance and kicks on this season, attitude can change with time. Talent is permanent.

John Blund

Give him preseason and a few matches. If he doesn't step it up - he should be out for a loan. Don't send him on loan to a club with better wingers (Dortmund - like wtf were we thinking?).

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Would prefer him being played over the likes of Depay, Lingard, etc. Hope he comes good. If he isn't to be played, would like him being loaned out to a mid-table side where he can get minutes

Rob67

I think the time is probably right for Adnan to go out on loan, but to a club that he will get plenty of game time.
With more additions to the squad expected his chances here will be even more limited.
Hope that he can go out on loan, play lots of football, regain his confidence and then come back as the player we hoped he'd be.

Status
Not open for further replies.