Januzaj - Play, Loan, or Sell..

What do you do with an Adnan Januzaj?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

C'est Moi Cantona

Just wondered what the general opinion is on this one now Jose is here.

Personally I can't see him as first team player under Mourinho, and the last thing Januzaj needs is another season like the last one, so what do we do with him?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Just wondered what the general opinion is on this one now Jose is here.

Personally I can't see him as first team player under Mourinho, and the last thing Januzaj needs is another season like the last one, so what do we do with him?
I'd loan him out to a team at his current level where he'd play every game, that's what he needs now more than anything.

M16Red

Can we get a poll?

I'd play him, cant be any worse then Mata on the left

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Play.

The kid has got genuinely top class natural talent.

settembrini

Not a loan.

Either we buy a new winger and sell him or we don't and hopefully Mourinho will do a better job with him than Van Gaal.

If we're talking ideal scenario then offering him + cash for Sane would be a nice.

ottosec

I still have hopes he will make it, I like him and I believe he has the talent to succeed. Probably this is his last chance, hopefully he takes it.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Play.

Memphis becomes a bit of a problem as he and Januzaj are in a similar position, with a lot to prove next season. We need more quality out wide but signing another winger would surely mean one of those two being shown the door (or perhaps just loaned out). Although if Martial is used primarily as a striker then we could get away with keeping both (plus the new signing).

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Play as a back up on either wing. We do need a starting right winger and unless he shows some drastic improvement, that's not him.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He needs to buck his ideas up.
If he doesnt have a great pre and start to the season I would be looking to move him on.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Sell. Don't even bother looking back. Blown his chances. Only himself to blame.

RU Devil

Sell. Not sure if he's defensive-minded enough for Mourinho, nor am I sure he has enough pure speed to stay on the wings. I'd like to see him succeed, but the reported 'attitude' issues are worrying. We'll probably loan him out, though, as Woody will try to boost his value before selling. I'd be pleasantly surprised, though, if he did make it on the squad & played a part.

Nuts

Has Mourinho ever turned round a player with character issues and played them consistently? I remember him doing a great job on Joe Cole and getting the best out of him but very few since.

Jose's had issues with so many players - Robben, Ronaldo, Hazard, Balotelli etc. Can't see him having any patience with Adnan and I think Maureen will get rid.

LARulz

Play, it's make or break for him I think. He wants to prove himself, he can play almost anywhere on the front line and with a solid team behind him he can do very well I think. Also good to have him as an option in the squad, we aren't blessed with wide players and he can do a job

davidmichael

If we're going to play inside forwards either side of a main central striker then I'd be happy with Januzaj being back up along with Lingard and one of Depay or Young, I'd buy a pacey goal scoring top class right forward like Greizmann as first choice but Januzaj can be quality.

He offers something we have very little of throughout the squad currently and that's genuine pace and trickery with an ability to run at defenders, who else in the squad apart from Martial and on the rare occasions he's in any kind of decent form Depay ?

Distracted Steward

Tough call. He showed brilliance and potential under Moyes but little of that since.

I'd say loan. I'd rather keep him as a reserve for no -priority cup games, weaker league opponents, etc if his attitude worked.

It's very close to time to cut bait.

loop

I say loan, but that didnt work out.

He does have the ability; but is he mentally strong that's the question.

C'est Moi Cantona

His only saving grace for me is that I think he was mismanaged by LvG (although maybe his attitude was off behind the scenes), for that reason i'd like to keep him and see if he can seize the opportunity.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
i think he lacks heart or drive. bundles of talent, but from what i can see doesnt want to work. pity causes hes really good.

Varun

Staff
Play. If he doesn't cut it, loan him in Jan to a club that will.

Red Hoshing

Play him, I think he's more talented than Lingard, though the latter has shown much more drive to succeed at United. I thought he was gonna a star after his first season here :(.

pacifictheme

Loan him. One more chance to show his ability and attitude. If he fails, sell him.

Revan

Assumptionman
Play. I think he's better than Depay and Lingard so if we play him consistently I can see him becoming a very good player.

He shouldn't be a starter, but he should get enough chances to show his worth.

Vanya

This is a great chance for Januzaj to revive his career. Yes, the no. 11 was handed to him prematurely and his attitude definitely is not befitting of a player that should wear that shirt, but the talent is surely there for all to see. On his day, he can be as hard to defend against as Martial.

Mourinho would need to decide by his attitude and performances during pre-season and training in what capacity he should continue at the club. If he doesnt take his chance this season, im afraid selling him would probably be the best option. There are many promising youngsters in the world, we cannot hang onto one in the hope that he will develop into a great player especially if he lacks the right attitude.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Well, I thought he looked the business when he got his chance and took it under Moyes. He really looked the business too - not only smooth on the ball, but calm too, pretty much just what you wanted to see back then.

It happens, though: Players like that sometimes come to nought *, sadly. I hope there's (genuine) hope for him still, but it's hard to say. What we heard from Tuchel wasn't exactly promising.

* Relatively speaking, of course.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
IMO the problems with depay is psychology. i think the pressure gets to him. with lingarde its lack of talent. still good and works hard. with januzai its work ethic. i dont think the coaches are too impressed.

if i was to pick one of the three who will make it, i would say lingarrde because he works hard. the old adage: hard work beats talent if talent doesnt work hard.

Devarshi

Play, or at least keep as backup. He's young, and might still find the form we expect from a kid with his talent. He might even look at Mou's appointment as a fresh start and try to prove himself worthy. He's worth the gamble.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
None of the above, including Eboue. It should be contingent on what Mourinho's overall strategy is and whether Januzaj demonstrates in training through his work ethic and attitude that he is the best option for the overall strategy.

JackXX

Play. I think if Mourinho gives him a chance he could bring the best out in him. If not it may be time for him to move on. I have very little faith in loans in general more often than not they are a waste of time. You are putting too much trust in another club.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Play or sell. Don't see much point in a loan.

Either he's a serious talent who has been mistreated or he is a lesser talent who may or may not have an attitude problem. Either way you'd expect Mourinho to suss out which is the case pretty soon.

If we're selling Mata then it's likely there will be opportunities for someone like Januzaj if he convinces.

Hed Zitin

Loan him and make him go to a club that will play him. Daft that the club indulged him and let him go to Dortmund.

Coops73

I say play, he was arguably one of our better players under Moyes, LVG comes along and he's suddenly shit? We'll see but maybe he just needs a bit of encouragement and loving, maybe he's just a lazy twat who thinks he's made it and needs a kick up the arse, let's see if Mourinho gets it right either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.