Januzaj - Play, Loan, or Sell..

What do you do with an Adnan Januzaj?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
He needs to go on a loan, we just aren't in a position were we can afford to make room for him, give him chances and be patient if he doesn't immediatley deliver. The best Januzaj under Moyes would be contention for a spot on the wings but right now he just isn't good enough and his menatlity doesn't seem to help. He really needs toplay, so a loan seems the best option.

Sumthing

Play i say....dont see that another loan would do him any good.
Give him a run on the left hand side and see what happens.
Sell if no good :D

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Sell. Hasn't stepped up at all. Starts to look a little one dimensional. He'd do better in a team playing Barca's style.

Mick1

Would love to see him on a season long loan deal in the eredivisie or in ligue 1. Very competitive, but not as much in the limelight as here, which would allow him to rediscover his form bit by bit.

Reactions: brewlio

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Play.

Memphis becomes a bit of a problem as he and Januzaj are in a similar position, with a lot to prove next season. We need more quality out wide but signing another winger would surely mean one of those two being shown the door (or perhaps just loaned out). Although if Martial is used primarily as a striker then we could get away with keeping both (plus the new signing).
I don't see a problem, in fact I see opportunities for the club to apply some good pressure on the players while the players will both receive their opportunities to show their abilities while having the other one breathing down their neck. It could be a healthy competition between the two of them if approached correctly.

MrBest

Scored 4 in his first season, one in the last 2. Didn't realise he's going to be 22 next season. He's getting on in footballing terms. Defo should keep for a year or too, see if he makes it. Regardless we will make a profit as he came cheap. Win win

Tiber

Before we let him go id love to see him get one last proper run in the first team for 4 or 5 straight games.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
His position is left wing, he's not good enough as a 10 and is awful on the right, problem he has is Martial

I voted Eboue but in all seriousness I'd loan him (hopefully Moyes gets a club this summer)

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Why are people so obsessed with selling players is beyond me! I swear many people think we will instantly become better team if we sell someone. Loaning him to a decent premiership team where he can properly develop is obviously the best idea. Talent is obviosuly here, but he needs to play to mature and to improve physically, two crucial things for him, IMO.

What exactly is the point of selling him?

prath92

Loan.

He doesn't track back like Willian or Oscar and he doesn't have polished talent like hazard or Ronaldo does to give him leeway. Even mata at Chelsea was far more talented than him but was sold because mourinho didn't like his work rate.

However it's unlikely he will ever play for us again under mourinho. Unless he has a world class season and even then as de bruyne showed he may not get his chance here.

Nep77

I would like him given a chance in pre season since few of our players will be on longer holidays after euros.If he impress enough can be kept as squad option with Europa league games on mind. Else sell with a buy back clause like Madrid and Barca are doing with few of there upcoming players.

Segment

I would love us to keep him.

Martial-Ibra-Januzaj

Make it happen Jose!

Jordanc_16

My heart says loan, would like to see him game time but I think the RW (The position which is looking the most available) is likely going to be filled by a new signing fitting the managers needs. Plus unless he has a great euros he will be behind Lingard and Rashford if Mourinho trust the players who had minutes last season.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Anyone who is for "Sell" ist a bit stupid because we wouldn't get much money for him.

I hope he can impress Mourinho in pre-season to stay in the first-team.

But if Mourinho isn't 100% impressed with him then loan him out.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Don't think Mourinho's going to be looking for a RW this summer, just with the lack of rumours going about and the lack of quality players.

Januzaj was highly rated by Mourinho, dont know what he thinks of him now but I do know that he will be given another chance, he is far too talented to be sold and he will go for peanuts.

This is it for Januzaj, i think if he doesn't do anything after this season we might have to look for another club for him

However i have a good feeling that Mourinho will be warm towards Adnan and we will see our new Number #11 thrive :drool:

klayton88

Sell for me. Only so many times you can loan a player out before taking the hint he's not good enough. His attitude seems to be the theme of the last few seasons so get him off the wage bill and move him on.

paulscholes18

Loan to a club that will play him week in week out then it's decision time, play or sell

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
If it is true what they say about his behaviour, showboating, etc, then it is clear he has huge problem in his head! He had some really good games in Moyes time, and since then he's done nothing. The obsession with (some) Man Utd youth players among fans is very annoying. I know we all want to see our youth make it, so we can be happy and rub everyone noses with it, but, please people, get real. If he was Memphis, for example, you all will be screaming; Sell him Jose, and sell him now! But since he is our boy, give him another chance, and then few more. If I were Mourinho, I would talk with him, tell him what I want/expect from him, and then, give him some time. If he continues to live and play in easy going way, Mourinho will not play him, not loan him, not sell him, he will kill him!
When two managers don't play you, I'd say the blame lies with the player rather than excuses of being "misused".
agree. Boy needs to grow some..., you know what, and get firmly down on the ground, get his head sorted out, prioritize things in life, start to work harder, and then, and only then we can talk about him playing...

Don't kill me now, my first post in mains, feel like I won lottery, even checking my spelling all the time.. I probably have a few mistakes..

Leonard17

Sell for me. Only so many times you can loan a player out before taking the hint he's not good enough. His attitude seems to be the theme of the last few seasons so get him off the wage bill and move him on.
Only been loaned once.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Don't kill me now, my first post in mains, feel like I won lottery, even checking my spelling all the time.. I probably have a few mistakes..
Good stuff. Well done on the spelling - there are a number of grammar and formatting nazi moderators on here :)

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Aye he's only been loaned once as the guy above me said, and he's still only (just turned) 21. It's taken Lingard til he was 23 to break into the team fully, although he could've possibly done if he didn't get injured last season.

I'd like to keep Januzaj to see how it goes. 21 is still extremely young. If he's still shite and has been loaned out a tonne by the time he's 23/24 then ship him off.

DavidM90

I'd say loan him, ideally to a premier league teams, perhaps one of the promoted teams.

That way we can see if he's up to playing in the premier league, when he's given consistent game time and make a more long term decision.

Also going by the potential he did show a couple of season ago, he could become a real focus point for one of the newly promoted teams, which could be the catapult he needs to gain confidence and push on. He does seem like the type of player that could really kick on if he's in that kind of environment and could come back matured as a player and a person.

I personally always thought the Dortmund loan was an unusual one, and thought he may struggle to get in the team and settle.

Reactions: Varun

ScarecrOgilvy

Play for me, although as many have said it's absolutely last chance saloon time.

Why that loan was allowed last year still baffles me - Everyone could see it was a recipe for disaster from the outset.

Having said that, the guys got serious talent. I just hope Jose can find a way to get his head straight and allow him to showcase that talent next year, as I still believe he could go on to be a world class player one day.

klayton88

Only been loaned once.
Aye he's only been loaned once as the guy above me said, and he's still only (just turned) 21. It's taken Lingard til he was 23 to break into the team fully, although he could've possibly done if he didn't get injured last season.

I'd like to keep Januzaj to see how it goes. 21 is still extremely young. If he's still shite and has been loaned out a tonne by the time he's 23/24 then ship him off.
For some reason I was sure he'd been out on loan twice, maybe i'm just thinking of his spells in the 21s! This only adds to my view of moving him on though, If it is indeed his attitude which we hear much about, then I don't see how Jose will be any different than LvG for him. It must just be another case of a young talented footballer with the world at his feet who just can't keep his head down for a few years while he perfects his craft.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
For some reason I was sure he'd been out on loan twice, maybe i'm just thinking of his spells in the 21s! This only adds to my view of moving him on though, If it is indeed his attitude which we hear much about, then I don't see how Jose will be any different than LvG for him. It must just be another case of a young talented footballer with the world at his feet who just can't keep his head down for a few years while he perfects his craft.
I've certainly feel like I've seen more proof of quality from Januzaj than from Memphis, due to the 13/14 season he had. Hopefully they'll both become great players, but my money would actually be on Januzaj being the better one in the future.

*the reason I'm on about Memphis is cause you mentioned attitude, and he's had some stick for his too. Just realised I went off on a tangent a bit there :lol:

lsd

The Oracle
I hope he has a good one season gets a few chances and takes them.Its in his favour Jose does like him but you never know how many more chances you get to make it at this level and for a variety of reasons whether it was his and the actions of others he may be already nearing his final shots at making it here

Status
Not open for further replies.