Javier Hernandez | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Watch all his goals last night on MUTV. He really is a predator in and around the 6 yard box. One thing I started thinking was, if this guy started most of our games in a season, I really do think he is a 25-30 goal man.

Varun

Staff
Good to know that he's willing to fight for his place. Really want to see him here for a long time.

Tibs

Glad he is here!

Hope we see a lot more of him season in place of Rooney

manutddjw

Was anybody ever concerned about Hernandez leaving?

There isn't a club bigger than Manchester United that would use him any differently to how we've used him in his time here. He may not start every game for us, but his goals off the bench have won us points that could've been the difference between champions and finishing second. Simply put, he's been an important player in title winning teams.

He could be a guaranteed at a lot of other clubs, but he'd be a great player in a non- title side and I'm not so sure he'd even make more money than he's making here.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Is he going to be fit for the weekend? He's got a couple of goals with his name written all over them.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I don't like the idea that we even entertained the idea of selling him to be honest. He should be staying here for a long time, starting more games, and scoring a shit load of goals.

Varun

Staff
I don't like the idea that we even entertained the idea of selling him to be honest. He should be staying here for a long time, starting more games, and scoring a shit load of goals.

Think its a case of an over enthusiastic agent mentioning another club contacted him to inquire about his player's desire to move before they started to negotiate with the club. Must happen all the time tbh.

Brightonian

Yep, I doubt we seriously entertained the possibility of selling him. Possibly the contact was entirely casual and therefore never required our involvement. Possibly the agent asked to at least be allowed to hear what Valencia had to say and we said ok because it's only fair for the club to treat a player like Hernandez as well as he treats the club, (and also probably because we knew he had no intention of moving).

Also it's the Fail, so it might all be bollocks anyway.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I think the club always players who don't have a first team place buttoned down to make a decision they think best for their career when a good offer comes in. The club does not want to lose the player at all and make that clear but also knows it can quickly replace them. We saw that with Solskjaer, Philip Neville, Nicky Butt etc.

I'm delighted by this piece of news. Its perhaps the best news to come out of the club since SAF left. And honestly, hand on heart, I'd happily lose Rooney if it meant that Hernandez could get the game time his talent deserves. That being said, he has significant development he still needs add to his game; his effectiveness when starting the match is considerably less than when he comes on as a substitute against tiring defences. To overcome his super-sub status, he needs to impact games from the first whistle.

Heardy

Saw that his Dad/Agent said that he had been in talks regarding a move to Valencia.

A worrying proposition, but a player of his calibre will want more than a cameo role, particularly in bigger fixtures.

Brightonian

Saw that his Dad/Agent said that he had been in talks regarding a move to Valencia.

A worrying proposition, but a player of his calibre will want more than a cameo role, particularly in bigger fixtures.
Have you actually read the article above? He turned them down because he's perfectly happy to fight for games here.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Just hope the lad can get fit and start getting involved.

Stretch

Great news to hear Chicha wants to stay. If Rooney goes then I'd actually not buy another striker and give him a proper go. I've always held the belief he'd easily get 25 goals per season if given the chance.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
I'm hearing rumours that he could be off to Madrid as part of the ronaldo deal. It will obviously be great to get ronnie back but would leave us short up front (unless rooney stays) would rather the club paid the extra £20millon.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I'm hearing rumours that he could be off to Madrid as part of the ronaldo deal. It will obviously be great to get ronnie back but would leave us short up front (unless rooney stays) would rather the club paid the extra £20millon.

erm, I think Ronaldo would more than compensate 'up front' both in terms of goals as well as body count!

That being said, I'd also prefer Hernandez stayed, but for an incoming Ronaldo, anything is on the table as far as Im concerned.

Heardy

Have you actually read the article above? He turned them down because he's perfectly happy to fight for games here.
Yesterday I saw on Twitter that he had been in talks. Brief comment, just pointing out that I'd hate for his head to become turned more than anything.

Hence why i didnt quote the article.

Count Orduck

Wouldn't be shocked if he left for first team football elsewhere. I'd wish him luck, but it would be a real shame to see him go.

Drainy

Remember that time we let Solskjaer talk with Spurs because he wasn't starting enough games, but he rejected the move and then he went on to win us the European cup?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Probably, but it's really weird that no one is mentioning him. If I remember well, last time Moyes mentioned him was at start of our preseason when he said that Hernandez will stay in Manchester and will not go on tour(because of his injury or because he played few games for NT, can't really remember the reason), I haven't heard nothing on him since then, apart from those speculations from newspapers.

surf

It's always going to be difficult for him. Being Mexico's star man, he plays all summer, then gets a holiday and misses pre-season, then is playing catch-up with the rest of the squad and doesn't get a look in for a month or two. Dunno what the answer is though, other than retiring from the Mexican team, which he won't do.

Sir A1ex

That being said, I'd also prefer Hernandez stayed, but for an incoming Ronaldo, anything is on the table as far as Im concerned.
I'm reluctantly with you on that. But I'd be wanting them to knock a big chunk off the price, if only out of respect to Hernandez. I couldn't say know to Hernandez and £40m.

Remember that time we let Solskjaer talk with Spurs because he wasn't starting enough games, but he rejected the move and then he went on to win us the European cup?
We need to gel Ole to talk to the boy.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
He's our lucky talisman against Chelsea, so hope we don't miss him tonight.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
The way this game has gone so far would have been absolutely perfect for him, plenty of space in behind everywhere.

LR7

Deemed fit enough for a Mexico call-up. I hope he gets some games for them in the qualifiers to bring him on in terms of match fitness. I miss him.

Status
Not open for further replies.