Javier Hernandez | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan

We have to ensure that we rotate all our strikers. They all need game time to keep them fresh and keep the confidence levels up.

Bape

Might be a silly question but why isn't he on tour? Did he get an extended break cos he was in the confed cup? Did I just answer my own question..

pauldyson1uk

Just read this on Sky , I hope it is complete rubbish.

Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez has been linked with a move toValencia in several newspapers as a possible replacement for Roberto Soldado if the Spaniard completes a move to Tottenham.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
If you got rid of Hernandez and Rooney left, who would lead the line if RVP was out for a few games?

Sir A1ex

I would happily see Rooney go this summer with no direct replacement.

We've got Kagawa who can play no 10 - if we can get some more midfield options and possibly a goalscoring winger (Ronnie:drool:) then RVP, Welbeck and Hernandez is plenty up front. Any more up there just limits their playing time too much.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
When you compare him to some of the players you guys overate I'd say this guy is massively underrated. I'd have him at Chelsea in a heart beat. Seems like a nice person too.
Absolutely love the little fella, he is easily one of the best natural finishers Ive seen.....up there with the likes of RvN and RvP for scoring goals. If he has to leave for game time and we keep that dribbling scouse fool I will cry like a little bitch!

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
No way, Valencia can kindly sod off.

I do think that this season could be a defining one for his United career in the longer term mind you, Hernande will want to see due recognition for his ability and fine form last year from Moyes and were that not to materialise a World Cup summer might be the time when he considers his options. One thing is for certain, any such move would hae its basis in primarily football reasons.

For now though...Keep Hernandez, Sell Rooney.

Brightonian

I do think that this season could be a defining one for his United career in the longer term mind you, Hernande will want to see due recognition for his ability and fine form last year from Moyes and were that not to materialise a World Cup summer might be the time when he considers his options. One thing is for certain, any such move would hae its basis in primarily football reasons.
I doubt Hernandez sees this season that way. With Welbeck not scoring many goals, he knows that he is pretty much the unchallenged successor to RVP as things stand. Van Persie has maybe two seasons of form good enough to stop Hernandez challenging him, but his age is already noticeably affecting his pace and work-rate. So even if Hernandez has a similarly bit-part season this year, he'll be confident that if he stays he'll get the #9 spot sooner or later.

I don't see him considering leaving United unless we buy a top striker to play ahead of him. The WC won't be too much of a worry - there may be the odd moaners amongst the Mexican fans who want a more rounded forward, but there's no way the management are leaving out the player who scores such a staggering percentage of their goals.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
Valencia can feck off...no way we're letting Hernandez go, and rightfully so, he's a player I think we're all very grateful to have on the team, and if we can see it so can the people at the club.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Hernandez should start more than Rooney next year. If he doesn't like it then tough shit. Wouldn't like Hernandez to have another season of sub-appearances because he may well want to leave for first team football.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Valencia can feck off...no way we're letting Hernandez go, and rightfully so, he's a player I think we're all very grateful to have on the team, and if we can see it so can the people at the club.
Harsh. I know he was shite last season and all, but still...

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
Harsh. I know he was shite last season and all, but still...
huh?
I think you missunderstood my post....I ment Valencia the club, not our Valencia. Why would I mention him in here in the first place? :lol:

Joemo

whistling in the wind
It's funny because there's a football club called Valencia but there's also a Manchester United player called Valencia and sometimes people mix them up and use the wrong Valencia and that makes it funny.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's funny because there's a football club called Valencia but there's also a Manchester United player called Valencia and sometimes people mix them up and use the wrong Valencia and that makes it funny.
Thanks man. Now I get it. Was a tough one to crack.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I'd hate to see Hernandez leave.

If he did leave, I reckon he'd tear La Liga a new arsehole. He's so good at playing on the shoulder, so he'd relish all those through balls along the ground. One on one with the keeper from a through pass, there's not a player I feel more confident watching. Not even RvP or Rooney.

But I hope he stays. He needs to play more. I think RvP is as good behind the striker as he is as the striker as his dribbling and ball retention are all sublime, so I'd love to see more of a RvP/Hernandez partnership with Hernandez as the poacher.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Can't see Hernandez leaving unless we want him out. Can't see us wanting him out because if anyone at the club does, I will kill them.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Chicharito and Van Persie: Not allowed?

jb8521

Got injured in the behind closed doors game against betis as far as I know that's why he's been left out of mexicos squad for midweek match

I'm a bit worried that we haven't seen him yet so close to the season. We're currently relying heavily on Van Persie up front. Him and Rooney, if his head is on, need to get themselves in contention asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.