Javier Hernandez says he can see a role for himself at Man Utd next season

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Considering the standards of our strikers this season... I can also see myself playing a part for United next season.

Drifter

American
Would not be surprised if this happens. And would be welcomed.

ThanksBoss26

Is he at the Copa America by the way? I think his best chance would be if he wasn't and would go on the tour from the start.

I realistically think he'll be sold.

vodrake

I'd be happy to have him back in a super-sub role again If he was OK with being a bit part player still.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Would not be surprised if this happens. And would be welcomed.
I'd be very surprised. Has Van Gaal ever used such a limited poacher before?

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I see no reason why we can't develop him. Cole did it and i'm sure Hernandez has the ability. With a slower build up, it might just suit him more. Wouldn't have a problem with Rooney, Hernandez and Wilson being a trio. Still would like two wingers either side but Wilson has that ability and has played out wide.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
Think he's gone which is unfortunate because he was good in Ferguson's last season. Moyes favouring Welbeck and giving him sod all match time meant his game deteriorated and he lost his starting role for the national team. Still worth every penny though.

Striker10

Well this is the contradiction though. LVG apparently told Rooney, he wants him to touch the ball less. So I don't see why Hernandez couldn't do that? If you don't rely on a striker getting heavily involved, it removes most of what Hernandez isn't top draw at.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think he may be right, to be honest.
Importing a striker may prove to be too delicate a situation for this summer. Unless we can get a top, top tier forward (unlikely) there would be no point signing one on an equal/lesser footing to Rooney as that would sacrifice a position in midfield and leave us with a similar scenario as to this season.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I'd have him back in a heartbeat; mainly because this doesn't seem an ideal summer to find a suitable striker to replace the likes of Falcao and RvP.

hp88

Is he at the Copa America by the way? I think his best chance would be if he wasn't and would go on the tour from the start.

I realistically think he'll be sold.
No, he was at the Canadian GP yesterday.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
The problem with Hernandez is that he is mainly a one dimensional player who relays on his pace. Under LVG we are slowly but surely retaining the fear factor back and teams will be tight organised behind the ball. In these type of games you need a holding (physical) striker to provide the link up with the midfield players. I just feel that giving him another shot is coming from a nostalgic state of mind rather then a realistic scenario.

ThanksBoss26

No, he was at the Canadian GP yesterday.
Ah right. Well if he goes on pre-season tour and hits the ground running, you never know. Bit of a comedown for him this last couple of years to now not even make the Mexico squad.

I can possibly see us trying to use him as part of a deal to get a player we want - Maybe Spurs for Lloris, Southampton for Schneiderlin or Valencia for Otamendi.

Striker10

Cole was one dimensional when we bought him and I use him as an example because he used to basically play liker Hernandez. The fact is we would have been a better team last season, with Hernandez. However, we would need to get him signed to a new contract just in case but it's hard to have a problem with it. Maybe he's learnt a valuable lesson! Then again, he did praise Benitez so maybe he's still under their mind control. Not really concerned with what he said. You don't have to be attached or even like a player. It's more to do with can they be useful or do a job? Where we are now? He could do a job. If we sell him? Someone will get a bargain.

ThanksBoss26

Didn't he say he joined the best club in the world when he moved to Real?
I've seen him quoted as saying that a few times over the last season.

Whether he actually did say it, I don't know, but not the brightest move when you're only on loan.

Last edited:

Someone

Something
It'd be good to have him back, with falcao gone and van persie possibly to follow, we're looking thin even with a new singing.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Maybe he thinks there won't be many offers for him (from top clubs), which is understandable. Bold move from him to go to Madrid.
I doubt he has a future here.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
If he stays that means we've been unable to sign replacements I'm afraid.

prarek

He will score goals everywhere he goes. All he needs is a proper chance.

Shark

@NotShark
I'd have him back if he accepts a squad player role. Otherwise, he can go.

Devil may care

Could be a case of desperate times call for desperate measures. If we intend to spend all season with Rooney as the #9 then we might as well sit Hernandez on the bench as pay big money for the likes of Benteke or Bacca to play the same role.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
His technical ability looks to have improved a great deal from watching him play for Madrid. He's still young, he has a lot of pace and he's a great finisher. He's proven he's suited to the Premier League as well. If he's happy to be a squad player, then it only as a positive to have him back.

New striker, Rooney, Hernandez is a good crop of strikers.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
Cole was one dimensional when we bought him and I use him as an example because he used to basically play liker Hernandez. The fact is we would have been a better team last season, with Hernandez. However, we would need to get him signed to a new contract just in case but it's hard to have a problem with it. Maybe he's learnt a valuable lesson! Then again, he did praise Benitez so maybe he's still under their mind control. Not really concerned with what he said. You don't have to be attached or even like a player. It's more to do with can they be useful or do a job? Where we are now? He could do a job. If we sell him? Someone will get a bargain.
Cole was physically superior to Hernandez. Im not that convinced that we would have been a better team with Hernandez this season. Specifically, in which way ?

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
His technical ability looks to have improved a great deal from watching him play for Madrid. He's still young, he has a lot of pace and he's a great finisher. He's proven he's suited to the Premier League as well. If he's happy to be a squad player, then it only as a positive to have him back.

New striker, Rooney, Hernandez is a good crop of strikers.
And who would be this new striker? Are buying someone better than Rooney? Is this new striker prepared to sit on the bench? Is Rooney prepared to sit on the bench? We play in system with one striker. And if Rooney is fit he always plays. Therefore Rooney+Chicho+Wilson is more than enough. Unless we want to rotate Rooney in other positions which was proved quadrillion times as not good.

LR7

Given what Rooney has said a out LvG expecting his strikers to occupy the CBs and not drop out of position or have too many touches of the ball (as few as 10 per game, or something), Hernandez would suit that more than any of our strikers. I just have a feeling LvG needs better hold up play than what Hernandez can offer.

He also annoyed me a bit with the "thrilled to be at the biggest club in the world" guff he was giving it when he signed for Madrid.

Regardless though he'd be a great sub and there'll be enough games to start him in the cups.

mu77

more limited actually - falcao. this fecker couldn't stay on his feet pass or score