Never heard of him, but:

Guadalajara
2008/09, 27 games, 7 goals
2009/10, 27 games, 21 goals

Mexico
2009-10, 4 caps, 4 goals

MauritianRed

From imscouting.com
Javier Hernandez Balcazar, also known as "Chicarito Hernandez" is fast becoming the next big Mexican striking prospect and could make an impact sooner rather than later.

Up until the beginning of the 2009/10 season, Javier Hernandez was mostly known in Mexico thanks to his father, Javier "Chicharo" Hernandez, who was part of the Mexican national team during the 1986 World Cup in Mexico. In addition, his grandfather was also a well known professional player and an icon at Chivas Guadalajara , having scored over 50 goals for them including the 500th goal in the club's history.

Javier Hernandez arrived on the scene in style, scoring a goal 5 minutes after he came on as a substitute during his debut back in 2006. Despite showing some glimpses of his talent during his first 3 years as a professional player, it was far from clear whether Hernandez would be able to deal with the expectation on his shoulders as part of such a rich footballing family. The challenge for Hernandez was to become a well known player in his own right, thanks to his own strengths and ability rather than his family background.

From the start, Hernandez showed that he has an excellent attitude towards the game and has every chance of becoming a decent player but no one was prepared for what was to come. Since the beginning of the 2009/10 season, Hernandez has absolutely been on fire and it doesn’t appear that his form will dry up any time soon. He scored 11 goals in 17 matches during the Apertura tournament (the first half of the season), leading his club to the playoffs and was also named as a candidate for "Striker of the tournament". As the Clausura (second half of the season) got underway he continued just where he left off and has already scored 4 goals in 2 matches.

Hernandez has shown great striking instincts this past year. He is very dangerous inside the box, which is where he scores most of his goals, and is always a threat to the defense. He demonstrates tremendous movement and anticipation and as a result reads the game very well and is able to move into space to receive the ball and shoot on goal. Even though he is not very tall he is very good in the air and only needs a split second of freedom inside the box to score. Hernandez has great composure and concentration in front of goal. Combined with excellent finishing skills he has all the tools to be a lethal striker.

Hernandez is currently best known inside of Mexico and made his debut for the Mexico national team back in September 2009. As long as 'Chicarito' continues to display high caliber performances during the season, he is likely to be included in the Mexican World Cup squad. If so, IMScouting believes there is a very good chance that Hernandez will be one of the discoveries of the tournament, developing an international reputation.

One thing is for sure, it won't be long until Hernandez is noticed by clubs around the world and will find himself playing in a prestigious league. Hernandez has all the skills that a striker needs in order to succeed in any league around the world. He is very quick, strong and has the ability to score with both feet as well as with his head. But perhaps more importantly he has the natural instincts and mentality of a top class striker.

Hernandez is step by step becoming one of the best strikers in Mexico and it seems that the little "Chicarito" is actually going to be a big star

mufcwarm92

4 in 4 for Mexico, and they'll be playing England soon and at the World Cup. He's 5'9.5 and 21 years old. Thanks Wikipedia.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
I could see 2 of Macheda, Welbeck and Diouf being loaned out. So it'd leave us with 5 strikers next season. I could see Berbatov leaving and SAF allowing him to because Berbatov might not put up with sub appearances in the champions league/big league games for 3 seasons in a row.
Only thinking yesterday that I see both Welbeck and Macheda going on loan next year.

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
I can see Macheda being on loan next season now.
Macheda and Hernandez up top together.

Rooney playing just behind.

Hargreaves holding midfield.

Valencia and Nani on the wings with David Silva and Franck Ribery as back-up.

Maicon at right back.

Sell Berbatov, Carrick, Anderson, O'Shea, Fletcher and Giggs.

Sack Fergie.

kietotheworld

Javier Hernández agrees deal to join Manchester United

Manchester United have announced a deal with Chivas de Guadalajara to sign striker Javier Hernandez for an undisclosed fee subject to a work permit.

The 21-year-old striker, also known as Chicharito or 'Little pea' has an impressive scoring record in the Mexican league and has won caps for his country. Personal terms have been agreed and Javier passed a medical in Manchester this week.

As part of the deal United will play a match to open Chivas' new 45,000 capacity stadium in Guadalajara ahead of next season.

"I am delighted to reach agreement with Chivas to bring such an exciting young striker, who has been in such prolific form for both his club and his country," said the United manager, Sir Alex Ferguson. "He will be a great addition to our squad and we look forward to welcoming our first Mexican player in the summer.

"We are equally excited to play our first game in Mexico, opening the magnificent new Chivas Stadium in July."

Hernandez has scored 11 goals in the Mexican Primera Division this season, putting him joint-third in the scoring charts.

Javier Hernández agrees deal to join Manchester United | Football | guardian.co.uk

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
Someone had too much time on their hands...

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I just let out such a big laugh that everyone in my office is looking.

I love Wikipedia so much. That has been updated in the last 3-4 minutes. I have his page open myself without that content.

nemanja15

In line with what Brad posted, this was just put in as well, not by me:

His father also signed for united on the same day, as a plumber.

Devilton

Wasn't Carlos Vela supposed to be the next big thing out of Mexico?

Lets hope this one fares better...the youtube compilation looks good, but then again I remember people wanking off to Dioufs youtube clips as well.

Amir

As usual, Fergie is a step ahead of all of us...

I can't help but look at that array of strikers and worry a bit. Plenty of talent, but how many of them will make it? And how many of them can provide us with what we need NOW, which is both partnership for Rooney and backup for Rooney.

At least a couple of them will be going on loan. Welbeck hasn't played much because of his injury, and a few months away of regular football will do Macheda great service...

nooshka

Wonder how much he actually cost, and is the reason we've gone for him because of the financial state the club is in. Although he does look a promising player.

Viper KGB

Wasn't Carlos Vela supposed to be the next big thing out of Mexico?

Lets hope this one fares better...the youtube compilation looks good, but then again I remember people wanking off to Dioufs youtube clips as well.
Yeah he can't be trusted though, forgets his passport too often

4everUtd

"But every single game I play [is a highlight
this guy does look fast and seems to have a good finish on him,could do us the world of good if he has a good world cup tournament. if he can do well and diouf can get a good pre season behind him then id be satisfied to save money on a striker and put it elsewhere,although benzema on loan would be nice!

Devilton

That article has a line in it which leaves me feeling uneasy...

"Now, it has Vela — a prodigy who helped Mexico win the 2005 FIFA U-17 World Cup — and perhaps Hernández, whose skill, athleticism and reading of the game are complemented by decisiveness, a scorer’s most valuable trait. "

Vela. Prodigy. Really?

Then again, this is the US reporting on football players. They had Adu as the heir apparent to Maradonna at the rip old age of 15. Hopefully little pea will fulfill his promise, though looking at his size I wonder how he'll do against the big boys in Europe.

WC will offer some clues so at least we'll have a reason to watch Mexico games now.

Status
Not open for further replies.