Jean-Clair Todibo

Redstain

He's a better option than Pavard, younger has more to prove can service the club for a longer period.

croadyman

Didn't know he was this young. Would be perfect actually. Varane is getting phased out and this guy can take over.
I think he would be the starter at RB and honestly reckon we are still on look out for Varane's replacement but maybe I am wrong

Devil You Know

Comparison of who we might get versus who we've lost (I can't include Pavard on this because he's apparently classed as a FB rather than a CB).

I'm liking the look of Todibo, to be honest.

croadyman

Comparison of who we might get versus who we've lost (I can't include Pavard on this because he's apparently classed as a FB rather than a CB).

I'm liking the look of Todibo, to be honest.
Honestly I wish we had the money to get Todibo & Pavard now but would mean no Amrabat. The way I see it Utd can keep tabs on this guy to replace Rapha maybe like next summer

OverratedOpinion

Honestly I wish we had the money to get Todibo & Pavard now but would mean no Amrabat. The way I see it Utd can keep tabs on this guy to replace Rapha maybe like next summer
We should offer Bayern Dalot in a direct swap them buy Todibo :)

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
I think he would be the starter at RB and honestly reckon we are still on look out for Varane's replacement but maybe I am wrong
I think you're wrong on that one since they re-signed Dalot and are in talks with AWB for a new contract. But I hope you're right though, we need an upgrade at RB and that backline would be about as good as you can get.

Scholsey2004

Yeah, Pavard won't be on the market long, thats for sure. I'd get him now. He can play right back or the RCB in a 3. Gives more tactical options. Todibo is good though.

Rustyspider13

I'd prefer Todibo over Pavard. But I can't deny that if Pavard accepts playing RB as his primary role, it makes our defense quite formidable. Ideally we'd have both. Which leads me to think-is it actually possible? I have no idea what prices are being quoted for the players, but could we spend

Maguire's fee on Todibo
Majority of McT's fee on Amrabat
Rest of McT fee+Fred's fee+VdB's fee on Pavard

Like does that seem mathematically possible or have I let muppetry take hold of me?

croadyman

I'd prefer Todibo over Pavard. But I can't deny that if Pavard accepts playing RB as his primary role, it makes our defense quite formidable. Ideally we'd have both. Which leads me to think-is it actually possible? I have no idea what prices are being quoted for the players, but could we spend

Maguire's fee on Todibo
Majority of McT's fee on Amrabat
Rest of McT fee+Fred's fee+VdB's fee on Pavard

Like does that seem mathematically possible or have I let muppetry take hold of me?
Yeah that's muppetry taking hold

croadyman

I thought as much. As long as we sign players to replace Maguire and McT I'll be happy. This has been quite a window in terms of squad building.
Well feel like Pavard is more to provide flexibility across two positions whereas Todibo would be the Varane understudy

Rustyspider13

Well feel like Pavard is more to provide flexibility across two positions whereas Todibo would be the Varane understudy
Precisely why I'd prefer Todibo. My transfer wishlist was starting ST and CM, backup CB and DM. We've got 2 of 4 and Amrabat looks likely if McT leaves. Todibo would make it 4 out of 4 in that scenario and a near perfect window for me with Onana being a massive bonus.

OverratedOpinion

I thought as much. As long as we sign players to replace Maguire and McT I'll be happy. This has been quite a window in terms of squad building.
If we get one of Todibo or Pavard and Amrabat it's been absolutely brilliant.

Obviously time always tells but right now it looks terrific with both the quality of the players we've signed and also the fact it so directly targeted exactly what the squad needed.

I know we always look for excitement in transfers and so this may sound a bit dull but it's all just brilliantly sensible.

Abraxas

Happy enough with this fella or Pavard.

Pavard is a no nonsense choice. Quality footballer at club and international level so there's no doubts about that.

But this guy looks quite exciting in terms of the age profile. He could be one or two years away from really breaking into the best CBs and stylistically he will be a really good Varane competitor. His numbers look promising, physically it's easy to see he's suitable for the PL and the style.

I'll take either, both huge upgrades on our current situation.

croadyman

Happy enough with this fella or Pavard.

Pavard is a no nonsense choice. Quality footballer at club and international level so there's no doubts about that.

But this guy looks quite exciting in terms of the age profile. He could be one or two years away from really breaking into the best CBs and stylistically he will be a really good Varane competitor. His numbers look promising, physically it's easy to see he's suitable for the PL and the style.

I'll take either, both huge upgrades on our current situation.
Like others have said wish we could get both

daba

Is getting both Pavard and Todibo impossible?

We could easily do a loan with obligation to buy on one of them to split to cost to next seasons budget. Looking at how Arsenal have manoeuvred the Raya deal, we could potentially do something similar for Pavard.

Or if we felt getting Todibo now was overkill / he wouldn’t get enough game time, we could buy and loan him back to Nice for one more season.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Is getting both Pavard and Todibo impossible?

We could easily do a loan with obligation to buy on one of them to split to cost to next seasons budget. Looking at how Arsenal have manoeuvred the Raya deal, we could potentially do something similar for Pavard.

Or if we felt getting Todibo now was overkill / he wouldn’t get enough game time, we could buy and loan him back to Nice for one more season.
Maybe better to go for him next season then, by next season the talent pool of CB’s would have increased and potentially better options to chase.

I doubt anyone at the start of last summer was begging for us to sign Kim Min Jae, Diasi or Tobido and there’ll be more names on our list to pick from when we genuinely need to make the signing next season.

croadyman

Maybe better to go for him next season then, by next season the talent pool of CB’s would have increased and potentially better options to chase.

I doubt anyone at the start of last summer was begging for us to sign Kim Min Jae, Diasi or Tobido and there’ll be more names on our list to pick from when we genuinely need to make the signing next season.
Oh was definitely wanting us to sign Min-Jae because he's annoyingly elite in most attributes