Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Because apparently unless lingard was sold we wouldn’t get a new shiny toy
I agree, sounds bitter almost.

I mean I like a shiny new toy as much as the next man, but I'm not going to be upset when one of our own players plays well.

Jesse is a local lad, who absolutely adores the club and has been here since he was a young lad and wants to fight for his place for his boyhood club. I for one am happy he's doing well and will give Ole a selection headache. Sure he's no world class midfielder but he's a fantastic player to have for the club. Really don't understand the disrespect he gets.

redrobed

I dislike England as much as every Utd fan does but got to admit I’m pleased for Jessie.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Glad to see his ‘purple patch’ extended into a second season. :drool:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I like lingard always have even when he was getting all that crap for his celebration antics and jlings madness he's born and bred united and clearly loves the team something which is getting rarer and rarer in the new landscape of football

Teammates love him and seems to be a good influence on the dressing room

But he just doesn't cut it here anymore we can't keep players based on their love for the club if we want to win stuff and honestly its not his fault management should have did it years ago not when he has one year left on his contract

He fancies his chances to get in the team despite all the mounting opposition hope it doesn't end in tears

PoTMS

Beggars belief West Ham decided to spunk £30m on Everton reject Vlasic instead of Jesse.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He is a good player who people may sometimes forget has been useful for us.

However, He just has that Lukaku'ness to him where he can be useful but he can make the wrong decision or sometimes seem technically inadequate in an area that needs it alot.

Nero

J-Lingz and Ronaldo partnership will rock Europe.

Crustanoid

Great work, Jesse. We certainly can get the most from him, now we know he’s with us for the foreseeable

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
He’s pretty much good to great in every game he plays except for when it’s for us. That’s not to say he hasn’t had good games for us but the consistency is never there.

Based Adnan

Unbelievable performance vs Andorra should be one of the first names on the teamsheet for us this season

CM

He's had a really good game here. As much as I think we should've cashed in Lingard could be a valuable squad player.

T_Model101

The perfect game for him to gain a bit of confidence again.
He'll be a useful asset for us this season

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Considering his pace, agility and stamina, any chance he could play as a right wingback (where van Gaal actually used him a few times I think?) if we play with three at the back?

TrustInOle

His finishing from outside the box is (and always has been) exceptional.
An underated aspect of his game. He will have his moments this season, especially with his personal troubles in a better place I imagine. Chuffed to bits for him tonight!

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I personally think if welbeck was good enough for Arsenal then so is lingard.

Dve

MOM, no question about it. Unless Ole actually manages to make Ronaldo press (he might), we may need Lingard´s energy in the front row to make up for it.

northernfan

What a waste to have him sitting on the bench. He showed his quality today and should be playing 1st team minutes somewhere. But he is contented to sit on United's bench.

United in sin

Brilliant for England, incredible for West Ham, disappointing for United. Odd how none of our managers can get the best out of him.
LVG and Mourinho dropped Depay and Mkhitaryan for him and loved him in big games. Moyes never managed him at United but clearly rates him and got the best out of him on loan. It's only our tactical genius Solskjaer who's failed t utilize him.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
LVG and Mourinho dropped Depay and Mkhitaryan for him and loved him in big games. Moyes never managed him at United but clearly rates him and got the best out of him on loan. It's only our tactical genius Solskjaer who's failed t utilize him.
Sorry to spoil a good old Ole bash but Lingard was great when Ole first joined. He then had well documented issues outside of football which he’s now looking like he’s past. Other than that fantastic post.

Djemba-Djemba

Yeah because LVG and Mourinho were such huge successes here weren't they?

FujiVice

When he was on the pitch, they certainly were. League Cup, Europa League and FA Cup in his back pocket when he was in the starting 11. I doubt anyone would say Mourinho and LVGs problems were related to Jesse Lingard in anyway.

SamVimes

Who does he start ahead of?

Eplel

Let's not use a performance against Andorra to make any judgements. These players wouldn't cut it even in the Championship.

Djemba-Djemba

When he was on the pitch, they certainly were. League Cup, Europa League and FA Cup in his back pocket when he was in the starting 11. I doubt anyone would say Mourinho and LVGs problems were related to Jesse Lingard in anyway.
We also finished 5th, 6th and god knows where we were going to finish in Mourinho's last season if we didn't sack him. And the football was fecking awful.

I wasn't so much as having a go at Lingard at taking issue with the poster slagging Ole off whilst praising them two.

United in sin

They both won silverware at the least, despite poor overall recruitment. Mourinho finished above 80 points in season two. All things Solskjaer has failed to do (yet?)

Status
Not open for further replies.