Jesse Lingard officially leaves Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Aaron

I loved Jesse but he really should have pushed to move last summer after doing so well at West Ham

Hope he gets a good move where he gets to play every week

Neo_Mufc

Do we get any money for him leaving or it's a free? I don't get how we didn't sell him after that ridiculous spell at W.Ham.

Could have nicked close to 50m me feels :nervous:

BorisManUtd

It was pointless bringing him back only for him to sit on the bench whole season.

Goodbye and good luck to Jesse wherever he goes.

Crashoutcassius

Probably because he was the one behind the leaks..
It all went to the dogs under Ralf, hard to say what went wrong with each of our individual players.

I still think decision to keep Jesse past Christmas was correct given how light out squad was. We didn't end up needing him but we might have

SamVimes

Wish the guy all the best. Really should have gone two seasons ago. I think because of the overall poor atmosphere around the Club, and especially this year's performances, he's taken alot of unfair criticism. Certainly hasn't helped himself with some of the social media posts, but he is not the cause of Uniteds troubles. A symptom, yes.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

Long overdue, can't believe he's even gotten a post
That tweet reads like something I'd put on the farewell card of a colleague that I fecking hate, just because it would be seen as rude not to sign it.

hobbers

Pretty clear that the club and Pogba/Lingard have put way more effort with their PR teams on these goodbye messages and tweets than on anything they've done on the football pitch in the last 6 months.

TheRedDevil2019

Never-mind the Queens Platinum Jubilee party, now this is something truly worth celebrating!

Last edited:

fps

I hope he doesn't go on to have a great career at another club. Still young, potential is there.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
I literally couldn't give a feck. We are better off without him. Just about to copy and paste this in the other ones thread

el3mel

He had only really played one good season during his entire time here.

Overstayed his welcome. Was never good enough to be a starter at Man United and should have left a long time ago.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Same as I said regarding Pogba, shame it didn't work out. Not consistent enough though...

Green_Red

Scored a crackin winning goal in an FA Cup final for us. Academy product, too bad it didn't work out for him. Best of luck to him.

Aresma7

Bout time! Now Maguire as well and we’re probably healed

Blood Mage

One of the main culprits of dressing room unrest. Not entirely his fault as Ole made him false promises about playing time, but nevertheless thanks goodness he's gone.

van Nistelrooy

Finally! The nightmare is over. Good riddance.

This is the happiest I've been regarding United in years.

A player who should have been shipped out of the club a long, long time ago.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
My main memory of him will be how bad he was for about 18 months during Ole's term. I think he scored one goal and had one assist and so many poor plays. And to top it off he blamed his personal life for his struggles.

Barthez

Good! - Please for the love of god let Martial go next… Just give the utter waste of space away.

AndyMUFC

Should've moved last summer but glad it's done. Was never a top class player but scored some important goals.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Three seasons too late unfortunaly. But hey! Better now then never :) See you Jesse, I Will never forget that FA cup goal. Lingardinho esque.

cyril C

I loved Jesse but he really should have pushed to move last summer after doing so well at West Ham

Hope he gets a good move where he gets to play every week
Well, if Pogba gets 3.78m loyalty bonus for fulfilling his contract, I am sure Lingard gets 1m. Should Lingard pushed for a move, it will cost him this, unless MU was willing for a sale.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
A season later than it should have been really. But overall I do feel like we are being to harsh on him. He was a youth player who was a rotation/squad player for most of his time. He filled that role for us, and scored a few goals in key games.

I blame him as much as the club for this season. He wanted to go, but he was forced to stay, and then barely played. Management is as much to blame for how the final season played out as him.

Best of luck to him, hopefully he can go to a team and get regular game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.