Jesse Lingard officially leaves Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDevil@84

Lingard's brother: After years of toil and sweat in England, BBC doesn't even have the news on the first page of the website. It is all about Pogba this and Pogba that. My brother is the more loyal player and a better dancer and dabber than Pogba can ever be.

sirAlexsglasses

450k per week cleared off the wage bill in one day. No thank you from me in terms of Lingard (or Pogba) - he undid that magnificent FA Cup final goal with his attitude last season. His brother, his Instagram posts, the leaks as exposed by Scholes etc etc.
64 million over three years right there, that’s another player.

Cecc

This is one of the best news ever. I will drink for that. This have to be properly celebrated!!!

BigRon1985

The Toxic Twins are gone - no more silly handshakes and dancing after we've lost a game.......whoop whoop!

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Effing good riddance.....keep the gates open and get rid of all 'em dross.

Castia

Just to think we could have got around 30m last summer…

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Good job we didn't cash in on him last season when we had the chance :rolleyes:

That said - without his winner v west ham we would have been playing Europa Conference next season, and he did contribute massively to the limited post-Fergie "success" we managed.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
We could have sold him for a tidy sum 12 months ago, but he leaves on a free just like Pogba.

Thanks Ed.

jimmyb2000

Thank the Lord he's gone - one of the many bluffers at the club that we've had to suffer over the last 9 years.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I have a soft spot for Jesse. The FA cup winner in extra time after going down to 10 men in 2015 was a special moment, in what had otherwise been a miserable time following Fergie's departure.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Some great highlights, mostly irrelevant. Good luck Jesse!

Irrational.

Beans must be gutted having to say goodbye to a fellow local young prospect. If he continues on this trajectory he might get a place in the England U21 World Cup squad next year.

jimmyb2000

I guarantee that this lad will be playing for Salford within 6 years.

Judas

Open to offers
Nothing against him as long as it doesn't turn out he was behind most of the leaks. Had some good moments, just a shame we made the baffling decision not to sell him last summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.