Jesse Lingard officially leaves Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

IRELANDUNITED

I remember his debut at wing back against Swansea, he came off injured after 15 minutes. Things wouldn’t really get much better for him after that

It's good to see the clear out has begun swiftly. Thanks for everything, but not good enough for what we need.

Hopefully, plenty more departures soon.

Crashoutcassius

I remember his debut at wing back against Swansea, he came off injured after 15 minutes. Things wouldn’t really get much better for him after that
Think he scored 3 goals in cup finals, which is amazing when you consider how little we have won. He had highs mixed with the lows. The highs were never that high and fans constantly tried to drown it out but he didn't achieve nothing here

Kaos

Curious to see if the leaks dry up now.

But we do still have Henderson and Rashford at the club, so....

Superunknown

ETH doing a Kane 2001 and shitcanning half our squad.
Got images of Pogba and Lingard on the mat outside the ring, dazed and confused about what just happened, only to see Martial making his way right for them as ETH launches him over the ropes.

Telsim

I'm glag to see the back of him. Should have been sold to West Ham, but we don't do that here. Increase asset value, was it?

Things have changed now, or so I've been told. Let's hope then that we don't make the same mistake with Rashford and Martial.

izec

Rashford leaving today would make it the best day since the day we won the league the last time.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Yeeey, best news.
Just finished my work and said let's see what is new on Caf.
Was afraid after Cavani, Matić and Grant said bye, still three left, they might get contract to "preserve the value". Pheeew. Now just need Pogbye and Mata.

stevoc

About 3 years too late but I'll take it. Hopefully it's a long time before a player like Lingard can play 100+ games for United again.

Best of luck to Jesse in Turkey, Qatar or wherever.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Is it bad that I don't feel anything, one way or another, about this? Kinda feels like a shame, given that Jesse was an academy kid who scored in some cup finals for us.

It just feels like his exit has dragged on for so long that its like it already happened.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
About 3 years too late but I'll take it. Hopefully it's a long time before a player like Lingard can play 100+ games for United again.

Best of luck to Jesse in Turkey, Qatar or wherever.
I doubt he'll leave England

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Rats from a sinking ship or jettisoning dead weight so we can make it to shore? :)

So who's next?

DeGea’sFeet

Waiting for him to score a few goals at his next club and seeing the “Was letting Lingard go a mistake” thread. No it wasn’t, to answer that question 2-8 months before it’s asked.

Djemba-Djemba

Never been anywhere near good enough for Utd.

Clearly been one of the guys leaking stuff all season.

Happy he's gone.

JeffFromHK

could have easily sold him at something like 20M last summer. We wasted 25M including wages just for him to score that goal vs west ham to give us 2 points which doesn't matter in the end any way! The club is run by people who have no basic business sense.

Marcus

Wow! Club is going places now. Feels like a new signing.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Pogba has already left. Were you working in a dungeon?
Almost, can not do internet at work, and forgot my phone at home. Though I was back in 80's. Then I came home...
Just find about Pogbye. Oh dear, joy and happiness, wondering who is next. And look, few beers in the fridge... See ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.