Jesse Lingard | Seoul singer

prateik

Probably guaranteed a starting role in his favourite position.. 1 year contract. He probably thinks he has a shot at making the WC squad ..

Unam333

Eh, seems to be an unpopular opinion around here but I hope he does well for himself. I didn't and still don't dislike the guy nearly as much as some people around here; everything I've seen of him suggests he's a pretty decent human being and honestly, I think United and Ole were probably at least as much to blame for Lingard's situation towards the end of his contract as he was.
I have no problem with Jesse at all. Wish him all the best. Happy he found a club.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Him getting a 1 year contract at 29 tells you everything you need to know, really. It was America, or a newly promoted side breaking their wage structure to get him in for a season.

Irwin99

Surely West Ham would have taken him at £80,000 wage? I bet he's waiting a year for another move, the one year contract is unusual.
Yeah, that seems weird. I was expecting him to go to a bigger club to be fair.

I always remember a Jose quote when he was manager of United and someone asked him about the players that had left the club and he said 'Yeah, and where are they now?" and he meant (aside from being a typically bitchy/cu*tish Jose thing) to say that it showed the quality of the players that had been making a living here. This is yet another example of that in some ways. We ain't losing many of these players to Bayern Munich or Real Madrid that's for sure :lol:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Such a cynical money move. West Ham would have obviously been the footballing move given they are managing to keep all their best players and qualifying for Europe repeatedly.

Gandalf

I am fairly sure he wants to go to MLS. We have seen a few younger players heading there lately, especially from Italy, deciding the lifestyle is worth more than the silverware. I think the reason he is at Forest is he wanted a 1 year deal to give himself a shot of making the WC squad even if it is a long shot and they are planning year by year at this point also so it suits them. I imagine the more established top flight clubs did not want to be used that way and wanted a longer commitment but JLingz has stars and stripes in his eyes and wants to head over there next summer.

GlasgowCeltic

Done great at WHU, so might do well for Forest. He's a proven PL player, playmaker and goal scorer and Forest doesn't have to worry about adjusting to PL. His mentality is a big question mark. Hope it works out though.
Playmaker?

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Shows the mentality of the brain dead fool.

How he lasted at our club so long is a mystery, he must have photos of SAF, Ole, Gill and the Glazers at an orgy with various animals.

arthurka

Done great at WHU, so might do well for Forest. He's a proven PL player, playmaker and goal scorer and Forest doesn't have to worry about adjusting to PL. His mentality is a big question mark. Hope it works out though.
But 200k not a chance, one year contract says it all. It's a risk and he will need to show what he can do it USA awaits

Donut

He’s no longer an England international, I bet he won’t get another cap by the time he retires. Also, stupid from his side to sign a 1 year deal, he will be poor in a struggling side, and then he’ll only ever get another championship contract. Good riddance.

devil in me

Jesse, mate....that ridiculous hand gesture you insist on doing at every given opportunity, is never ever going to catch on. Manchild.

Someone

Something
One year contract seems strange for a 29 years old. This could be his last big contract. He couldn't find any club willing to offer a 4 years contract while he's on a free?

saivet

I guess the £200k a week makes some sense given the 1 year contract

Gandalf

It's £80k
Reported as 80k base with the potential to rise to 121k but I am guessing that includes some fairly hard to hit bonuses like European qualification, 15+ goals etc. all of which would make it worth paying the extra but frankly are unlikely to happen. I am sure he has a specific plan for next summer and the 1 year was from his side with Forest ok with it as they won't want to be stuck paying PL wages next year if they do go back down. 1 year rental on a proven PL player is a great deal for a newly promoted club.

Hal9000

Such a cynical money move. West Ham would have obviously been the footballing move given they are managing to keep all their best players and qualifying for Europe repeatedly.
It's an obvious money move, but also i don't think he's nailed on to start at WHU anymore, where as Nottingham he is. If he can drag them along, he's got a shot at the world cup squad and a bigger team coming in for him next season. If it doesn't go well for him and he's not in the world cup team, he can leave quite easily and be in America next season.

Good move for Forest as well, he'll help them stay up and if they go down, they don't have an 80k player in the Championship or they can cut his losses if he flops or is to expensive.

ROFLUTION

I think it’s a good move for him personally. He’ll feel more appreciated in a small club.

of course its a money move, every transfer he would’ve done would be a money move. He did however choose forest over some sheik-club

MUFC OK

Meaning WHU were offering even less than 80k.
Not sure, West Ham might have walked away to be fair. Their fans are butthurt though and considering this is lingard we are talking about it's quite amusing.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
He's cringey as feck and badly advised but he had his moments.

Classic newly promoted gamble from Forest. Fun to watch.

saivet

It's £80k
Did think the 200k was bonkers, especially for a new promoted side. Up to 120k still a decent deal but guess he would have thought he could have got something similar elsewhere on a longer contract.