Jesse Lingard | Seoul singer

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Cannot believe they’ve signed him. Crazy money. Probably means they weren’t willing to pay up for Gibbs-White.

MUFC OK

Knew that Times article by the WHU supporting journalist citing 200k a week was a load of guff.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
"I had a number of offers from some of the best teams in Europe, but my intention was always to stay in the Premier League."
:wenger:

Tiber

He is far from the worst person in football. Most of his overpriced socks and other drivel is harmless. But something about Lingard just really deeply annoys me

BeltUp

Supports
United
With Hendo and Jesse there, at least we will get all the juicy gossip from the Forest dressing room.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
1 year contract so he can reassess again next season

Hope he absolutely flops.
Its a massive risk. I am sure West Ham would have given him a 4 year deal on 120-130k odd a week. Much more security. He obviously thinks he is much better than he is.

Posting hints about West Ham on Insta too, so now a second group of fans probably dislike him now. He really does himself no favors.

If Forest have a bad season and go down, it might be slim pickings.

Lyng

I have a feeling he will do well there.
He is abit cringe and not good enough for United but wish him all the best.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Haha forest fans are actually happy about this?

poor misguided fools.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Think it's a good signing for Forest to be honest.

Maluco

It's a solid piece of business for 80k/w
I would say that is so the squad doesn’t have a melt. He has probably been given a massive signing on fee. It was all done very quickly once they made their move. He definitely hasn’t gone there so quickly for that wage and nothing more.

He is gambling that he can do well and get another massive signing on fee elsewhere in a years time.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
All the best to Lingard. Intriguing deal for Forest. Just a one-year deal, meaning if they go down, they are not lumbered with a costly contract. Maybe a heavily incentivized deal for Lingard and he's a good high caliber player for a team like Forest. Hope he rediscovers his mojo.

GMoore23

The fact that this clown was here until almost 30yr old just reaffirms how terribly we've been run post Fergie.

Absolutely can't stand him.

Mmm-Qatarian

Eh, seems to be an unpopular opinion around here but I hope he does well for himself. I didn't and still don't dislike the guy nearly as much as some people around here; everything I've seen of him suggests he's a pretty decent human being and honestly, I think United and Ole were probably at least as much to blame for Lingard's situation towards the end of his contract as he was.

Counterfactual

I would say that is so the squad doesn’t have a melt. He has probably been given a massive signing on fee. It was all done very quickly once they made their move. He definitely hasn’t gone there so quickly for that wage and nothing more.

He is gambling that he can do well and get another massive signing on fee elsewhere in a years time.
It's a pretty big risk.

1: If Forest do badly, he doesn't look great.
2: He gets a few niggling injuries, misses matches and people forget about him.
3: He gets a serious injury and is stuck without a club after this season.

Oranges038

It's a win win. Forrest are getting a great young prospect with a career to build for a year. Lingard gets to build on his burgeoning reputation. He'll be looking to build on this and get a chance to make it at a top club. He has got plenty of time and talent on his side.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Surely West Ham would have taken him at £80,000 wage? I bet he's waiting a year for another move, the one year contract is unusual.

Maluco

It's a pretty big risk.

1: If Forest do badly, he doesn't look great.
2: He gets a few niggling injuries, misses matches and people forget about him.
3: He gets a serious injury and is stuck without a club after this season.
No one can say he doesn’t have belief in his own abilities anyway!