Jesse Lingard | Seoul singer

Tap

Personally am soo glad to see lingard struggle for the last few years. A very average player who began the brand mindset that took over at manutd...martial, rashford, pogba..every player wanted to be a brand but had done nothing in the game. He began this nonsense trend of players releasing statements to counter the manager. They only release statements when at manutd. As soon as they get to Westham or wherever, these brothers are silent.

At manutd he was releasing dance videos, fifa videos blah blah blah...now with no club he is releasing workout videos. An absolute joke of a player.

And then he consistently complained about not playing at manutd.. forgetting he wasn't actually that good. He went out on loan, was rescued by moyes and then ditched him to go sit bench for more money.

Lingard is the latest example of very average footballers who believe the hype. Lingard, delli ali, sancho, martial etc are very very average footballers who get lost in hype after a few games. When everything has disappeared they turn around and blame social media pressures and depression. Martial is another one. He became so humble after the failed sevilla loan, even he couldn't believe how bad he performed. I have zero pitty for such lousy players...martial has not completed 90 minutes in 4 years. These are the kind of players we should just terminate.

They wouldnt even be known in Fergusons time. Seeing lingard struggle to even get the saudi deal is beautiful to see. Joker of a player. Same joy with seeing De gea after he turned down 200k to be second choice here and then just see every top club completely ignore him. He has to accept even less than we offered or retire. Good riddance for both.
Agree with you there, although to be fair to Martial, he strikes me as more of the Phil Jones type.

Almost always injured, rarely available but stays quiet in the background and neither dabbles in brands nor is obsessed with social media profiles.

Tyrion

I don't get the whining about players on social media. It's such old fashioned moaning. You can bet they'd have said the same things about Ronaldo or Beckham getting involved in things outside football back when they were young.

Do you really think Lingard's daft dancing videos are taking up time In training?

Tyrion

Lingard is the latest example of very average footballers who believe the hype. Lingard, delli ali, sancho, martial etc are very very average footballers who get lost in hype after a few games. When everything has disappeared they turn around and blame social media pressures and depression.
It's silly to include Dele Ali with them.

Ibi Dreams

Agree with you there, although to be fair to Martial, he strikes me as more of the Phil Jones type.

Almost always injured, rarely available but stays quiet in the background and neither dabbles in brands nor is obsessed with social media profiles.
Martial had his AM9 brand didn't he?

I wonder if any of the brand boys feel embarrassed about them now. Can't imagine any of them are making many sales

Tyrion

I wonder if any of the brand boys feel embarrassed about them now. Can't imagine any of them are making many sales
Why would they? They get abused by thousands of strangers for a living.

Stadjer

I don't get the whining about players on social media. It's such old fashioned moaning. You can bet they'd have said the same things about Ronaldo or Beckham getting involved in things outside football back when they were young.

Do you really think Lingard's daft dancing videos are taking up time In training?
Personally i have no issues with dance videos or fashion. Its not something im very interested in but players can do what they want. What i found annoying about Lingard is that he 'performed' better at his side activities than on the pitch.

Ronaldo and Beckham were world class players when they were on the pitch and also had their other things. Pogba loved dancing and fashion but still showed great things on the pitch from time to time. Lingard didnt score or assist for a year yet launched a fashion brand instead.

Players can do whatever they want in their free time as long as they perform on the pitch. If you arent performing than criticism for those side activities will come. Although i would never criticise Rashford for his charity work where he tries to feed kids but quite a few on this site said he should focus on football instead.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

You can't use Beckham or Ronaldo as examples as they were consistently fantastic.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Allegedly he’s as of last night got out the contract with his agents - seemingly his family. He’s desperate to play football and it less concerned about money. Maybe his family were the ones chasing money?
I will never understand players that make family members their agents.

Scottynaldinho

He hasn't done anything wrong to warrant such abuse from our fans. Did he say anything bad about the club that I've missed?

I'd assume the fans would wish well to a local lad who's struggling to get a club.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

I doubt any of them spent as much time on it at some fans, and I'm pretty sure they don't still think about it, unlike some..... What do you think?

saivet

He hasn't done anything wrong to warrant such abuse from our fans. Did he say anything bad about the club that I've missed?

I'd assume the fans would wish well to a local lad who's struggling to get a club.
I too find the bitterness towards him strange. I think the idea that if only he spent less time on his JLingz brand he'd be a different player is a bit delusional. For his talent, I'd say he's had a good career. To me his two biggest football mistakes were staying at United when Ole apparently told him that he would play and only taking the one year contract at Forest rather than multiple years at Newcastle or West Ham.

Some seem to be enjoying his struggles though which I think is quite sad. It mainly seems to come from people not liking his online persona and him coming across as childish or immature which again seems to be a strange reason to give him so much abuse.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur

Get your stuff right on the pitch, it's less of an issue. Players like Ronaldo and Rooney were often praised for the extra hours they put into perfecting their craft for example.

It's a shame for all parties he wasn't sold to West Ham when he was in a good place there. Could have been a different story for him.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
I too find the bitterness towards him strange. I think the idea that if only he spent less time on his JLingz brand he'd be a different player is a bit delusional. For his talent, I'd say he's had a good career. To me his two biggest football mistakes were staying at United when Ole apparently told him that he would play and only taking the one year contract at Forest rather than multiple years at Newcastle or West Ham.

Some seem to be enjoying his struggles though which I think is quite sad. It mainly seems to come from people not liking his online persona and him coming across as childish or immature which again seems to be a strange reason to give him so much abuse.
I think it has more to do with not being a good look than necessarily any genuine tangible difference...but perhaps does give some insight into habits etc.

Maybe it has put some teams off l, hard to say.

I'd like to see him back in football but perhaps he needs to be realistic about where that is.

clarkydaz

Allegedly he’s as of last night got out the contract with his agents - seemingly his family. He’s desperate to play football and it less concerned about money. Maybe his family were the ones chasing money?
The report said he had offers, so if he is desperate to play he would have taken one. He's clearly over valued himself

edgecutter

Was supposedly a leak in the dressing room.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The report said he had offers, so if he is desperate to play he would have taken one. He's clearly over valued himself
Turning down offers isn’t always about money. It’s about housing, schools, hospitals etc too. It’s not fair just to always assume it’s about money

we know he looks after his mum who has serious mental health problems and also looks after his little sister. He has to take them into account in his decisions

Based Adnan

Turning down offers isn’t always about money. It’s about housing, schools, hospitals etc too. It’s not fair just to always assume it’s about money

we know he looks after his mum who has serious mental health problems and also looks after his little sister. He has to take them into account in his decisions
None of that stopped him from going on trial in Saudi in an attempt to get a contract

Red00012

Leaky roof
Leaky player

Tyrion

Personally i have no issues with dance videos or fashion. Its not something im very interested in but players can do what they want. What i found annoying about Lingard is that he 'performed' better at his side activities than on the pitch.

Ronaldo and Beckham were world class players when they were on the pitch and also had their other things. Pogba loved dancing and fashion but still showed great things on the pitch from time to time. Lingard didnt score or assist for a year yet launched a fashion brand instead.
I get that but I don't know why you used the word instead. A lot of fans do and I don't see why. Players don't train 24/7. They physically can't. They all have some free time and what they do in that free time is irrelevant to me unless it hurts their performances (e.g. drinking, drugs, late nights).

You can't use Beckham or Ronaldo as examples as they were consistently fantastic.
Exactly. They were fantastic so doing those side gigs doesn't prevent you from being fantastic. If it doesn't stop you from playing well, I don't care.

Jam

Amongst other things he’s done, or reported to have done, that others will cover I refute that he’s “struggling” to find a club.

His expectations for stature and money are too high; even if he doesn’t want to go abroad for personal reasons (understandably so) there’s plenty of clubs in England that would take him but he thinks he’s better than them and wants too much money.

If he wanted to play football he would be. But he won’t accept isn’t a top 6 player worth £150K+ a week.

OleGunnar20

I guess he's still young enough to do a Macaulay Culkin and emancipate himself for a good future career.
In all seriousness, that probably wouldn't be the worst choice he could make.

With the exposure he might even get to revive his, ahem, brand.
I could see him doing well as a recurring character on Always Sunny if he plays his card right. Crickets delusional homeless, dweeb of a pal, perhaps.

Ludens the Red

Think you’re being very kind here. Lingard doesn’t have a club because of the wage he expects. This bloke turned down West Ham (who were in Europe, London and where he had huge success and got on well with players there) to sign for Forest purely cos they offered more money.
As @Based Adnan pointed out he was happy to explore the possibility of Saudi which doesn’t seem like the best option for his mother suffering from mental health or for the young children in his life. I can’t see how such a drastic upheaval and change in lifestyle and culture would be good for them and that is what Saudi would have been:
Lingard could easily get a contract with a Championship club but none of them will give him the ridiculous wage he thinks he deserves.
Im guessing at some point he’ll lower his expectations and end up in the championship or MLS.

roseguy64

Think you’re being very kind here. Lingard doesn’t have a club because of the wage he expects. This bloke turned down West Ham (who were in Europe, London and where he had huge success and got on well with players there) to sign for Forest purely cos they offered more money.
As @Based Adnan pointed out he was happy to explore the possibility of Saudi which doesn’t seem like the best option for his mother suffering from mental health or for the young children in his life. I can’t see how such a drastic upheaval and change in lifestyle and culture would be good for them and that is what Saudi would have been:
Lingard could easily get a contract with a Championship club but none of them will give him the ridiculous wage he thinks he deserves.
Im guessing at some point he’ll lower his expectations and end up in the championship or MLS.
You don't know him

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Lingard is the latest example of very average footballers who believe the hype. Lingard, delli ali, sancho, martial etc are very very average footballers who get lost in hype after a few games.
Mate, even if you make it to the bench in Luton you are so far beyond average its not even funny. Anyone who even sniffs a Premier League matchday squad is among the elite of the elite of all footballers on the planet.

These players might be average in the Premier League but to say that they are plain average is a bit of fanfiction.

There are 265 million registered football players globally. just north of 550 of those are registered with Premier League clubs.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Mate, even if you make it to the bench in Luton you are so far beyond average its not even funny. Anyone who even sniffs a Premier League matchday squad is among the elite of the elite of all footballers on the planet.

These players might be average in the Premier League but to say that they are plain average is a bit of fanfiction.

There are 265 million registered football players globally. just north of 550 of those are registered with Premier League clubs.
We've all seen the stories of people who played a five a side with a retired squad player for a lower end premier league club, hell even Championship or League 1, and no one being able to get anywhere near him.

Ludens the Red

You don't know him
I do. Jesse lingard. Born 15/12/1992 Warrington.
Played for Manchester United, Birmingham, Brighton, Leicester, West Ham and Forest.

His wage when leaving Manchester United was approximately 80-100k
His wage at Nottingham Forest was approximately 80-100k

So as a footballer at your peak age you are going to want wages at that level. Or actually as a normal human being you’re going to want the same wages. Jesse Lingard is a normal human being. No football club is going to offer Jesse Lingard 80-100k a week hence why Jesse Lingard has not had a football club since July,

It’s not rocket science. It’s common sense. I don’t need to slide into Lingard dm’s to figure that out.

roseguy64

Played for Manchester United, Birmingham, Brighton, Leicester, West Ham and Forest.

So as a footballer at your peak age you are going to want wages at that level. Or actually as a normal human being you’re going to want the same wages. Jesse Lingard is a normal human being. No football club is going to offer Jesse Lingard 80-100k a week hence why Jesse Lingard has not had a football club since July,

It’s not rocket science. It’s common sense. I don’t need to slide into Lingard dm’s to figure that out.
Okay

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
We've all seen the stories of people who played a five a side with a retired squad player for a lower end premier league club, hell even Championship or League 1, and no one being able to get anywhere near him.
I played a 5 a side with a ringer who trialled for Southampton. I mean, he wasn't very good, tbh, but he passed to me once with such force it nearly knocked me over. It felt like someone had thrown a brick at my shin.

OleGunnar20

Ex swans player Kristian O'Leary turned up to train with us once or twice. Far as i remember he was a decent but not stand-out championship player in his day.

He was in his 40's, sporting a top class dad-bod and clearly wasn't trying at all, yet the gulf between him and our best players in their prime, tearing up the amateur leagues for fun - was outrageous.

I've always been a good ball winner, and nothing else. I tried my fecking hardest to get if off him everytime he showed up. Not possible.

The guy didn't even have to move. With awareness and positioning alone he ran the game, it was an eye opener for sure.

He stopped turning up after a couple of weeks. I've no idea why he was there in the first place but he seemed a nice fella.

OleGunnar20

That's right I came here to check - apparently he's offered himself to Barca? Awfully kind of him.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Him to Barca will be less ceremonious than Chicarito to Real. At least Chica scores a winning goal that knocked out Atleti but even that was met with disdain by pundits and some fans because he didnt thank Ronaldo during celebration (?). I dont think Barca fans will be pleased at all to se his antics.

AndySmith1990

Sounds like daft logic to me rather than common sense. He'd prefer to earn nothing rather than accept less than he was previously earning at Manchester United?