Jesse Lingard | Seoul singer

Tyrion

Sounds like daft logic to me rather than common sense. He'd prefer to earn nothing rather than accept less than he was previously earning at Manchester United?
I dont get it. I saw a video by Tifo football that talked about it and they made the argument that he has enough money that he doesn't have to play for a club he doesn't want to. The problem is that if you're not wanted by the clubs you want to play for, the only way to change that is by playing well at other clubs.

No top club will sign him because of social media videos so I don't know what he's hoping to accomplish.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Sounds like daft logic to me rather than common sense. He'd prefer to earn nothing rather than accept less than he was previously earning at Manchester United?
"For what is a man, what has he got
If not 100k, then he has naught"
- Jesse Lingard, on his Essien calculator

RVN1991

He should head to Saudi but something tells me he’d hate it there. Surely he can make a lot of cash but the longer he leaves it surely lessons his value. USA? He could dance his little heart out over there.
Yeah he's tailor made for the MLS. Surprised he hasn't signed there personally.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I remembered he had an offer from Porto before the contract is over but refused. I guess he wants to keep his level of monthly wage, which wouldn't happen at Portuguese league. I guess Oporto city lacks the glamour he wants.

Ludens the Red

Not really. He’s waited to see if he was going to get a larger contract. He trained at West Ham and in Saudi. He obviously hasn’t then got one. He’s now sacked his agent and will now likely lower his demands and actually find a club. We’re not talking several years of unemployment, he only left forest in the summer. I mean players and managers are known to not just accept anything just to be attached to a club. This isn’t anything groundbreaking. I mean do you think Lingard wasn’t getting offers in the summer or something?

The poster knows Lingard though so they know better than the rest of us
Dude, let it go man.

Last edited:

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
cruelly overlooked in the balon dor once again.

Needham

I actaully went and had a look. Didn;t he used to have his own clothing line?

All that is on there now is nike and other brand trainers, no jlingz branded stuff at all.
I dropped by Flannels and all they had was Stone Island, Hugo Boss all that shit. Can't get Jesse's designs anywhere.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

All that is on there now is nike and other brand trainers, no jlingz branded stuff at all.
Pretty sure the brand failed. Before it closed they had huge sales on everything. The current site is probably not his, someone probably bought the domain and is using it to promote their actual website.

Needham

Pretty sure the brand failed. Before it closed they had huge sales on everything. The current site is probably not his, someone probably bought the domain and is using it to promote their actual website.
'Jesse' used to be homophobic shorthand for feminine man and it's still hard for 70somethings to get past that, and that was the demographic he was aiming for.

Ludens the Red

Aye, I managed to pick up two j-Lingz t shirts for £3 each. Decent quality and good fit.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

Contact information
Phone number: 13654937113

Email: hphilip744@gmail.com

Physical address: Baoying County Yangzhou, 225800 Jiangsu, China

I am pretty sure Lingard isn't involved anymore with jlingz.com

Juicy Juiced

I was cheap clothes from AliBaba. They just slap Juicy Juiced on that bad boy and I have brand.

As long there are sheeps, there will be a wool. It's old folk saying.

RVN1991

Could be something to do with not getting an actual offer I presume .
I live in America and catch a few MLS games here and there, the quality is not good compared to the top European leagues. It's hard for me to believe that a guy like Lingard who is not that old, is somewhat of a recognizable name thanks to his United ties and is about the level required for that league wouldn't get an offer, probably has more to do with his wage demands.

stevoc

He has literally no reason or motive to lie about loving playing for United.

You and some other idiots on here just decided to get twisted up in this irrational need on the caf to hate every player that play for us.
I'm not twisted or irrational that Herrera (a good but not great player) left. I just think he's full of shit.

He ran his contract down to leave for more money, I've no problem with that. But he should just own it, instead of spouting waffle.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I'm not twisted or irrational that Herrera (a good but not great player) left. I just think he's full of shit.

He ran his contract down to leave for more money, I've no problem with that. But he should just own it, instead of spouting waffle.
According to him he wanted to stay, and your assumption that he is full of shit is just that, an assumption based on 0 evidence one way or the other. Well apart from the evidence of Herrera himself directly contradicting it, the club running multiple other players contracts down at the same time, etc.

You've literally just made it up so you can hate on him. I could understand this if it was some player who was generally a twat or joined City or something. Herrwra has literally never done a single thing that would cause any remotely rational fan to want to hate him.

Grow up

Revan

Assumptionman
Is it me or is there a higher number of these idiots now? Seem to want all that goes with being a rich footballer without doing what's needed to sustain it or be as good as possible. Sancho, lingard, pogba, all cut from the same cloth
I don’t think Pogba should be put in the same category as Sancho, Lingard or Martial. He actually won a few league titles, won a World Cup, played in UCL final and Euros final. He had made it at the very top level, just that didn’t maintain his level.

Lingard, Sancho, Martial never reached half of the heights Pogba reached.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I was cheap clothes from AliBaba. They just slap Juicy Juiced on that bad boy and I have brand.

As long there are sheeps, there will be a wool. It's old folk saying.
And now you're a RedCafe poster, proof that you can be anything if you work hard enough

SER19

I don’t think Pogba should be put in the same category as Sancho, Lingard or Martial. He actually won a few league titles, won a World Cup, played in UCL final and Euros final. He had made it at the very top level, just that didn’t maintain his level.

Lingard, Sancho, Martial never reached half of the heights Pogba reached.
You're right, he won a world cup and scored in the final, but I think you could have put an average player in that juve side and they'd have still won the leagues. In terms of ability, which pogba had much more of, the level of squandering is similar. Mostly though, attitude and character wise, I think these players typify the failings after ferguson. That lingard video from the bus v west ham away still bothers me, as do all the stupid training ground videos that people sometimes think dont matter- but they do. These guys were a huge part in the falling standards at united and if pogba had a real pair of balls he'd have used his talent and personality to lead a team, not prance about like an idiot for most of his time here

Tyrion

You're right, he won a world cup and scored in the final, but I think you could have put an average player in that juve side and they'd have still won the leagues. In terms of ability, which pogba had much more of, the level of squandering is similar. Mostly though, attitude and character wise, I think these players typify the failings after ferguson. That lingard video from the bus v west ham away still bothers me, as do all the stupid training ground videos that people sometimes think dont matter- but they do. These guys were a huge part in the falling standards at united and if pogba had a real pair of balls he'd have used his talent and personality to lead a team, not prance about like an idiot for most of his time here
On the bus against West ham, he just recorded a video where he stuck his tongue out as far as I know. That's about it. I don't think that's how his career declined. I think he underperformed and miserable middle-aged guys are blaming his social media because its something they dislike anyway.

I mean for God's sake, Grealish regularly gets pissed and he just won a treble.

Trequarista10

My impression is that he likely has more than enough money to retire, and so isn't fussed about joining a Championship team or relocating for the sake of it. Holding out for a move that interests him, either financially, or location wise. Similiar for De Gea (although obviously De Gea would have better clubs interested, but also De Gea is likely considerably wealthier as well). Maybe after a few more months they will get restless and just want to play, but i also wouldnt be surprised if they just retired.

I'm surprised we don't see it more frequently honestly. Players who have played at the top have, if they have been even semi sensible, multi-generational wealth by the time they're 30 or even mid 20s. De Gea might have, at a speculative but not unreasonable guess, somewhere in the region of £10m in the bank. Possibly considerably more. He could easily accrue £500k+ a year or so passive income from interest/dividends/investments etc for doing nothing. Lingard I doubt has that much, but enough to live off comfortably. And that's without considering they likely have financial advisors who have invested money on their behalf wisely, or having assets like property that have accumulated in wealth. I imagine there's also 100s of footballers who have turned millions into multiple millions through property or investments or crypto even.

I suspect over the next few years/decades we will see more players retire early. Some will obviously be motivated to play at a lower level for the love of the game (or because its expected/its all the know), but others with outside interests, or who don't want to relocate, I think we'll see more and more retire earlier.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
'Jesse' used to be homophobic shorthand for feminine man and it's still hard for 70somethings to get past that, and that was the demographic he was aiming for.
:lol:
Aye, I managed to pick up two j-Lingz t shirts for £3 each. Decent quality and good fit.
Bargain innit. And when you're bored of them you can donate it to a charity or summat, I'm sure kids will appreciate it they love JLingz.

frostbite

My impression is that he likely has more than enough money to retire, and so isn't fussed about joining a Championship team or relocating for the sake of it. Holding out for a move that interests him, either financially, or location wise. Similiar for De Gea (although obviously De Gea would have better clubs interested, but also De Gea is likely considerably wealthier as well). Maybe after a few more months they will get restless and just want to play, but i also wouldnt be surprised if they just retired.

I'm surprised we don't see it more frequently honestly. Players who have played at the top have, if they have been even semi sensible, multi-generational wealth by the time they're 30 or even mid 20s. De Gea might have, at a speculative but not unreasonable guess, somewhere in the region of £10m in the bank. Possibly considerably more. He could easily accrue £500k+ a year or so passive income from interest/dividends/investments etc for doing nothing. Lingard I doubt has that much, but enough to live off comfortably. And that's without considering they likely have financial advisors who have invested money on their behalf wisely, or having assets like property that have accumulated in wealth. I imagine there's also 100s of footballers who have turned millions into multiple millions through property or investments or crypto even.

I suspect over the next few years/decades we will see more players retire early. Some will obviously be motivated to play at a lower level for the love of the game (or because its expected/its all the know), but others with outside interests, or who don't want to relocate, I think we'll see more and more retire earlier.
De Gea made over 100 million on his salary only. He also made money from ads, endorsements, etc. He probably has considerably more than 10 million.

Trequarista10

De Gea made over 100 million on his salary only. He also made money from ads, endorsements, etc. He probably has considerably more than 10 million.
Possibly, I was verging on the lower end. But, take out tax, take out living expenses, his home, cars, money to friends, family and charity, its possible. Some players earn shit loads and go completely broke. If he has less than £10m left I'd think he's been reckless. If he's been sensible could well be much higher.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
In my opinion the youth academy needs a serious rethink in terms of discipline. Too many top players (Ravel, Lingard, Pogba, Greenwood etc) had lost their way. In my opinion the United's spot light is too big for young players to thrive in. Maybe its time we sign a deal with a feeder club. Alternatively we can do what I suspect we're doing this January ie we sell those players and add buy back clauses to the deal.

Robbie Boy

Mate, even if you make it to the bench in Luton you are so far beyond average its not even funny. Anyone who even sniffs a Premier League matchday squad is among the elite of the elite of all footballers on the planet.

These players might be average in the Premier League but to say that they are plain average is a bit of fanfiction.

There are 265 million registered football players globally. just north of 550 of those are registered with Premier League clubs.
Well yeah....

But, I would assume when 90% of people call a player average, they're comparing them relative to the level the player is playing at.

Compared to us mere mortals, they're obviously in a different stratosphere when it comes to footballing ability. A mate of mine was on the books of of an Irish team many years ago when a player called Gareth Farrelly was there. Farrelly bounced around some English lower tier clubs and amassed a handful of caps for Ireland. My mate said the gulf between him and rest of the team was astronomical.

SER19

On the bus against West ham, he just recorded a video where he stuck his tongue out as far as I know. That's about it. I don't think that's how his career declined. I think he underperformed and miserable middle-aged guys are blaming his social media because its something they dislike anyway.

I mean for God's sake, Grealish regularly gets pissed and he just won a treble.
Sorry but he was literally screaming then lying in the aisle saying mummy over and over. Joking or not it was embarrassing behavior and that he thought it suitable to share tells you where his head is at. Its not just middle age guys either, most guys I know detested the way he presented himself on social media. It wasn't even that he used social media its how he acted on it. Of course we got absolutely bullied at that west ham game. I remember Carrick sitting calmly on the bus probably thinking what the feck happened to the 2008 squad

stevoc

According to him he wanted to stay, and your assumption that he is full of shit is just that, an assumption based on 0 evidence one way or the other. Well apart from the evidence of Herrera himself directly contradicting it, the club running multiple other players contracts down at the same time, etc.
Well it's based on the evidence that he turned down a contract offer and left, he could have stayed if he wanted to. So there's that I suppose.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sampil...fered-to-almost-double-ander-herreras-salary/

You've literally just made it up so you can hate on him. I could understand this if it was some player who was generally a twat or joined City or something. Herrwra has literally never done a single thing that would cause any remotely rational fan to want to hate him.

Grow up
Which is ironic as you've literally just made up a little narrative that I hate Herrera.

Anyway this is a Lingard thread, if you want to discuss Herrera feel free to quote me in a Herrera thread mate.

Ish

Lights on for Luke

Grow up
You’re in for a shock! There’s a few on here who seemingly have an intense dislike for Herrera - to my surprise as well. Seemed a good professional, always spoke well - wanted to stay but the contract offer was late and PSG offered more money which we rightfully didn’t match.
And now you're a RedCafe poster, proof that you can be anything if you work hard enough

Tyrion

Sorry but he was literally screaming then lying in the aisle saying mummy over and over. Joking or not it was embarrassing behavior and that he thought it suitable to share tells you where his head is at. Its not just middle age guys either, most guys I know detested the way he presented himself on social media. It wasn't even that he used social media its how he acted on it. Of course we got absolutely bullied at that west ham game. I remember Carrick sitting calmly on the bus probably thinking what the feck happened to the 2008 squad
So there's a connection between Lingards behaviour on Instagram and us losing to West Ham? I could believe that if only our players acted daft on social media.

SER19

So there's a connection between Lingards behaviour on Instagram and us losing to West Ham? I could believe that if only our players acted daft on social media.
Yes, there is. You're setting up a false equivalence here I think. Im talking about a descent into a dressing room that lacked any leadership, to the point that Lingard, Pogba and a couple of other morons were ascendant, and the stuff we saw at West Ham (youve weirdly ignored that your original claim about what happened was understating it hugely. This just feels like moving goalposts, or contrarianism for the sake of it) was so unchecked that it existed with Lingard also a) tweeting during a munich anniversary, b) tweeting his logo with a message about the manchester bombing, and c) releasing a holiday video so crass that it earned a reprimand from solskjaer. This is before we even venture near the typical PL footballer nonsense of dressing room dancing, haircuts, or the beans videos. If you think that exists to that extent in other PL dressing rooms, I'd like to know where- again Im talking about the extent, not isolated examples - because I believe in any half decent dressing room, even our current one, Lingard would have been kept in line way way more.

So yes, I think there is a link between losers like Lingard and their profesionalism and behaviour, and us capitulating to a vaguely hostile west ham team and crowd. I find it hard to fathom that anybody could think a dressing room where Lingards level of bullshit was so relentless doesnt speak to the standards that had taken root and we're still trying to weed out today