Jesse Lingard | Seoul singer

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
The video, and the fact he leaked it before the announcement, are massively cringe and just go to show he is still a massive man child.

That said, from a career perspective it’s not the worst idea in the world to take a well paid one-year deal. Assuming he is confident in his own ability to perform, it means that this time next year he can negotiate another nice free-agent-deal with another club for presumably the same money or more. Plus if Forest go down then he is not committed to them.

Gurtej

His actual level, and I am sure more in the squad will be playing for bottom half of the table if we let them go!! Mctominay, Elanga, ABW, Jones, Henderson etc…. These players should be very greatfull to wear the shirt and also we need to stop giving them 100k contracts!! All these fringe players shouldn’t be more than 50k-70k a week…they can go and find someone else who will pay them!!

Hughes35

Joke of a man really. Purely going to Forest for the wages, presume he's getting a big signing on fee and then next year he can get another signing on fee either there or somewhere else.

Shame as if he wasn't so immature he could have been a decent player.

phelans shorts

His actual level, and I am sure more in the squad will be playing for bottom half of the table if we let them go!! Mctominay, Elanga, ABW, Jones, Henderson etc…. These players should be very greatfull to wear the shirt and also we need to stop giving them 100k contracts!! All these fringe players shouldn’t be more than 50k-70k a week…they can go and find someone else who will pay them!!
The funny part of this is that of those players you named, literally 1 of them makes 100k with the rest all being around 70k (and a lot lower in Elanga’s case)

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I don't begrudge players that want one year deals on big money, if they'd rather spend their last years of their career doing that to secure the bag and future then fair enough but I wouldn't want that aura around my club. It's a huge risk.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I don't begrudge players that want one year deals on big money, if they'd rather spend their last years of their career doing that to secure the bag and future then fair enough but I wouldn't want that aura around my club. It's a huge risk.
It's also risky business for him. He's one badly timed injury away from being without a club

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It's also risky business for him. He's one badly timed injury away from being without a club
True but I think that's why the "200k" a week is probably close to the truth. He'll get enough money that it compensates a period of time without a club. I don't think he will have that issue. Even with an injury an MLS or Saudi club would take him.

GreatDane

Did he use his terrible hand sign 4 or 5 times in that short promo video?
It shouldn't annoy me as much as it does, I can't help it....

Mcking

Want Forest to do well, but not sure about this one. He does fit in very well in their favourite formation though, so may turn out to be a good one. Hopefully they get good midfielders and Emmanuel Dennis too, because I could see Brennan flopping massively.

Renegade

No Pre season and No Declan Rice & Soucek covering for him in midfield makes me think we won’t see the West Ham version of him this season. Also on top of that a growing Tic Tok distraction and pretty much a season without football. I’m betting he’ll be in the states next summer.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
People so quick to get on his case are forgetting he’s a local lad who is young and learnin’ and needs time and patience to achieve his full potential. If it doesn’t work out at forest I can see him becoming a tik tok/comedy/fashion/rap sensation. He’s a natural born entertainer and it won’t be long til you see people doing JLingz hand signs at each other in the streets while decked head to toe in JLingz urban apparel. We’ll see who’s laughing then and - even if that’s literally no one - he’ll still have shown the haters.

Suv666

Man whats with the Lingard hate.
Yeah he's a bit cringe but there's nothing wrong with being excited about joining Forest. They have more CLs than City.

Skills

Snitch
It's sad that a local lad, not a manc but Warrington is still pretty close, who supported the club.all his life and who scored a screamer in the final to win the FA Cup for us can leave the club and be so unpopular with the fans.

It's a mixture of his own fault and the clubs fault though. He was never good enough, in his 7 years at the club he had one 2 month period in the 17/18 season where he justified playing for Utd and other than that he was rubbish. His off the pitch behaviour was often cringey and embarrassing, he seems incredibly immature. The weird videos of him on holiday humping a pillow, or shouting BEANS over and over, the tiktok dances, the video when West Ham fans were attacking the bus, the fecking clothing range, JLINGZ. Just all horrible shit.

He should have left in the summer of 2019 at the absolute latest. The fact he clung on for another 3 years shows how appallingly ran we are.

Forest should be prepared for a lot of stories from inside the club to start getting leaked now Lingard is there.
Isn't that because a large part of our fanbase are just massive pricks?

OverratedOpinion

Good luck to him.

I am pleased he is no longer here as I just don't think he's very good. Don't really hate him though.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
No Pre season and No Declan Rice & Soucek covering for him in midfield makes me think we won’t see the West Ham version of him this season. Also on top of that a growing Tic Tok distraction and pretty much a season without football. I’m betting he’ll be in the states next summer.
They took that fat prick corden and piers morgan, if they take this div as well I might have to buy a stars and stripes t shirt.

Revaulx

If they get the West Ham version, he could honestly keep them up or outside the relegation dogfight, and if he manages that, he'll have been worth every penny. Don't forget, they're essentially paying him with their PL bonus promotion money. He's a scrutinised investment to that end, which makes sense from their side just as much his and they're covering their bases should they be relegated.

I think people forget that Lingard has more to gain by going there and performing superbly than coasting. He's not just playing for the most he's worth on an open market now; he's playing for his future, and what will be the biggest contract of his career if he delivers for Forest.

If he repeats that West Ham form in an inferior team, his stock will go through the roof because he'll be a certified and bona fide PL performer who has proven he can both carry a team and prove he is worth every penny of a longer term contract.

He should be setting his sights on the likes of Newcastle and that jackpot money. They've not gone bonkers in the market yet and he, at West Ham level, would be very useful for them indeed for a while. Initially a starter, but with a long-term eye on him supplanting him and having come off the bench. If Lingard has the contract he wants, I doubt he'll care enough to kick up a stink by then. He'd be 31 or so by then, also.

This could be one of the smartest moves of the summer for both player and club - a mutually beneficial partnership where they're using each other to achieve an objective. Of course, your perception of such will come down to how good/bad you think Lingard is as a player, and whether you think he can repeat his West Ham exploits with an inferior team, or at all, for that matter.
Fair enough. I really have no idea how he’s going to perform over the season; his spell at West Ham was brilliant to start off with but rather fizzled out towards the end, and he’s never really shown that he can maintain any sort of consistency.

There’s no doubt that his annoying off-field antics tend to drive people into underrating him as a player, and he’s always shown that he isn’t afraid of hard work. If he does help to keep them up it will certainly be money well spent and I’ll have no problem cheering him on. It’s a risk, certainly, but then what signing isn’t?

As an aside, one of Jesse’s few obvious strengths at United was his off the ball movement. He was unlucky that neither Jose nor Ole were interested in exploiting it. Had we replaced LvG with EtH his career may well have been a good deal more successful.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
What source is that from? Every single thing I can find says his last contract was 100k with United.
The source is his contract!

His last contract was signed on £75k a week, any media outlet, sports wages tracker, reputable leak had stated this to be the case.
Certainly he would have earned bonuses on top, but judging by the fact he neither scored not assisted much for us recently these would not have been hit. :lol:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I like Forest and I don’t hate Lingard as much as this forum seems to, so I hope this all works out but… how is he “back”? and where is he back from?
When I saw that I had to look to see if he'd played for Forrest on loan but nope, I have no idea where he got the "back" from :lol:

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Ah shit, I have wanted forest back in the pl for as long as I can remember they finally get there and then this happens. I guess best case scenario is they stay up but he contributes nothing and fecks next summer.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
He is far from the worst person in football. Most of his overpriced socks and other drivel is harmless. But something about Lingard just really deeply annoys me
He's a celebrity player and a man child.
Delighted he is gone and will fade away into oblivion soon....