Jesse Lingard | Seoul singer

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Young enough to turn this minor setback around.

Semigoodlookin

I think the Championship is the next stop unless he can convince a newly promoted team to take him. Luckily, a youngster like him still has plenty of time on his hands and hopefully, he can turn things back around. I still see him starring in United's attack in the future alongside Rashy, Pogs, and Anto!

IWat

I think he needs to go back a step and play in the U21's somewhere for a bit and regain some confidence. He has got plenty of time.

Addled

I think back to believing that this guy would come good.I remember the talk about his family and I felt genuinely sorry for him.I always hoped that he would retrieve his career. He moved to forest and they realised that he is a huge waster. They now want him out and I honestly believe that he will rock up at Leeds. He is their perfect player and will keep them in the Championship until the end of his career.

Marwood

Not really mate Warrington isn't even greater Manchester never mind Manchester.

By that logic I suppose Johnny Evans, McTominay or any kid that joins Uniteds academy and moves to Manchester at 16 are Mancs too.

Or maybe we just accept that Jesse Lingard isn't from Manchester.
Like it or not, Warrington is up the road. Manchester its nearest big city. Then his association with the club since he was a kid etc etc. He's as close to Mancunian as can be without technically being Mancunian.

If Evans was in the same boat yes I'd say the same about him. But he isn't obviously. Not even being English never mind Mancunian.

But I can see you take this stuff very seriously and very literally.

stevoc

Like it or not, Warrington is up the road. Manchester its nearest big city. Then his association with the club since he was a kid etc etc. He's as close to Mancunian as can be without technically being Mancunian.

If Evans was in the same boat yes I'd say the same about him. But he isn't obviously. Not even being English never mind Mancunian.

The fecking irony. :lol:

Seems very important to you to think of Jesse as a Manc for some reason. Feel free to believe whatever you like mate.

But he isn't though. ;)

OleGunnar20

Kind of a great comparison in terms of level. Young really was a great professional.
He really was.

I wasn't his biggest fan to begin with really. As a purely attacking threat he wasn't quite up to the level we needed at the time.

But I've not seen many players work as hard as he did to constantly reinvent and prove himself useful as Young over the years. Can't fault him really.

Charlie Foley

Wouldn’t mind picking him up on a free. Younger and cheaper than Mount. Decent squad option

SAFMUTD

One has an idea of how shit players are when they're at your club. But you never realize exactly how shit they are until you see them in another team. Players like Lingard, Bailly, Telles, VDB (on loan at everton), Martial (on loan at Sevilla) cant even get game time in lower teams. It's amazing how we managed to put so much deadwood together and not only that but to keep it for so long with huge wages. Truly a shitfest masterclass by Woodward and the Glazers.

crossy1686

career ending
I really hope he mixes it up a bit and sets up a Quake Arena team. He can then reopen his clothing line and sell baggy black t-shirts to middle aged men who live exclusively on bean and cheese pasties.
At least there’s a market for that, as opposed to kids from rival football teams who hate United wearing his clothes.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Anyone else look back on the period where we had the likes of Lingard and Pereira starting every week and wonder what the hell we were thinking? It was only a couple of years ago too

norm87cro

In all honesty a decent player simply not good enough for the first 11 at United and a Fa cup final hero who got waaaaay too much abuse at the CAF. His outfield persona didnt help him mind you

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Honestly, I could tell you some stories about Jesse and his brother that would make you laugh. Let’s just say, they are two of the most deluded people I’ve come across when working in the football industry.

I can say and do know for 100% sure that AC Milan were genuinely interested in him before he signed for Forest, but he followed the money.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Honestly, I could tell you some stories about Jesse and his brother that would make you laugh. Let’s just say, they are two of the most deluded people I’ve come across when working in the football industry.

I can say and do know for 100% sure that AC Milan were genuinely interested in him before he signed for Forest, but he followed the money.
Despite the fact he could have gone to West Ham for more money than what Forest were offering?

Thiagoal

Honestly don’t get how he triggers so many of you on here :confused: Just remember him for the odd glimpses of quality we got to see (Chelsea goal, Cup Final goal spring to mind) It’s not his fault he kept getting picked by manager after manager even during the times he was massively out of form. Wish him well and move on- how he chooses to live his life is up to him!

crossy1686

career ending
Honestly don’t get how he triggers so many of you on here :confused: Just remember him for the odd glimpses of quality we got to see (Chelsea goal, Cup Final goal spring to mind) It’s not his fault he kept getting picked by manager after manager even during the times he was massively out of form. Wish him well and move on- how he chooses to live his life is up to him!
I think it’s a combination of his ego, the salary demands, constantly talking shit about the way he was treated at United, the social media posts, the JLingz brand (which he launched on the eve of the City match and posted on social media during the Munich memorial ceremony), then leaving on a free and talking more shit like he deserved a testimonial, and then joining Forrest for the money instead of West Ham after saying he was leaving for playing time.

He’s a largely unlikable figure who doesn’t realise he’s one of luckiest people alive to get the amount of games for United he did with his returns.

Ultimately he rubs people the wrong way.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Hopefully someone gives this youngster a chance.

Also really hope he doesn’t get overlooked by England under 21s due to Forest releasing him.
And forest paid this guy over 300k a week and he's only 21. Imagine what he's going to be on in a few years.
Young enough to turn this minor setback around.
I think he needs to go back a step and play in the U21's somewhere for a bit and regain some confidence. He has got plenty of time.
Still a young lad. Could do a job for Sheff Wed.
Younger and cheaper than Mount.
So much originality in this thread.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
After a fairly crap season at West Ham surely they'll offer him a 1+1 year deal for £50k/week or something reasonable?

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches

Southport is down the road from Liverpool but they aren't Scousers. Come on mate.