Jesse Lingard 'to leave on a free'

Josep Dowling

The answer is simple, because he is under contract with the club, if another team wants to loan him, then they should accept United's demands, that's all.

United has no obligation to compromise on anything here, they can of course compromise but they are not obligated to do so.

Napoli accepted United's demands when they asked for Tuanzebe, Leeds made the club a great offer when they asked to get James permanently, this is the right way of doing business, when United want to get a player, the other clubs also get to make high demands, as this is their right, and United should also demand what they deem acceptable to them.
The point is United’s demands are unrealistic and means they will hold onto a player earning £100k a week for 6 months. When a player is surplus to requirements and will leave on a free in 6 months it makes no business senses AT ALL to keep hold of a player. That’s £2.6m on gross wages alone. Had we loaned him to Newcastle we probably could have got £5m on top as a loan fee. These numbers may sounds small for a club like United but if we did this to 5 players a season we don’t actually use we would suddenly have money for a player we do need, and also reduce a bloated squad.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The point is United’s demands are unrealistic and means they will hold onto a player earning £100k a week for 6 months. When a player is surplus to requirements and will leave on a free in 6 months it makes no business senses AT ALL to keep hold of a player. That’s £2.6m on gross wages alone. Had we loaned him to Newcastle we probably could have got £5m on top as a loan fee. These numbers may sounds small for a club like United but if we did this to 5 players a season we don’t actually use we would suddenly have money for a player we do need, and also reduce a bloated squad.
All true.

We peacock in the transfer market, playing like we're tough negotiators and end up having to carry deadweight like Rojo and Romero about.

I don't understand the idea that United behaving like this was good for the club, cos it 'sends out a message.' What message did it send out refusing €10m for Darmian from Milan, only to sell him for less than half to Parma cos nobody would match our original valuation?

We keep making the same mistakes over and over.

Hailee

They are asking 15mil for him yeh? In a world where players long longstaff and AWB are valued at 50mil, 15mil is "skyhigh"?

You're living in the past. 15mil in this day and age doesnt even get you a squad player. Lingard would improve their squad and potentially save them from relegation which is easily a jackpot amount of money. Oh also they are the richest club on earth, the money doesnt effect them yet because FFP wont come into the question for them until they start competing for european spots.
He only has one year left in his contract and he is also surplus to requirements at our club. 15mil is more than a fair enough offer.

We were fools for purchasing AWB for 50mil, so that's nobody's fault but us. Could have easily bought a cheaper player. Longstaff is also a valued player on a long contract, no reason for them to want to let him go cheap. We gotta pay up to get the valuable players from others.

The answer is simple, because he is under contract with the club, if another team wants to loan him, then they should accept United's demands, that's all.

Basically, we are being dicks because we hold the rights to 6 months of his contract, not letting him go but yet not playing him.

Yet, the fans continue to bitch about him being on the team and then criticizing him for supporting West Ham. How hypocritical can you lot get? An upcoming free agent is free to look at other options are they not? And please appreciate him being at the club instead of shitting on him, because he is here because the club wants him to be here. If you are unhappy about his behavior or his performance, attack the club instead for their decision to keep him. He has already made his transfer request.

Dowling post: 28413815 said:

Totally true. We did this to Romero, Rojo and Darmian who eventually expired on a free or let go even cheaper. If we let Henderson and VDB go as well we can save even more. All the fees received and wages saved could have bought us another player for sure.

The club chose to posture themselves in the transfer market because they are clowns and don't know how things work. It only serves to make them look more unprofessional and dumb, and scare off future players from joining us.

Last edited:

arthurka

Has he moonwalked his ass out of the club yet? This club needs a real good clean after these posers have been removed.

crossy1686

career ending
All true.

We peacock in the transfer market, playing like we're tough negotiators and end up having to carry deadweight like Rojo and Romero about.

I don't understand the idea that United behaving like this was good for the club, cos it 'sends out a message.' What message did it send out refusing €10m for Darmian from Milan, only to sell him for less than half to Parma cos nobody would match our original valuation?

We keep making the same mistakes over and over.
The club don't really care or need to make a profit on player sales, and in regards to wages, it's all budgeted for since the start of the season. Saving money on wages doesn't mean we get to spend it on players, it probably means we end up paying more tax at the end of the financial year instead.

If I were a player joining United and I saw they conducted their business in this way when selling players I'd either go to a stepping stone club first or take a pay cut if it didn't go to plan and I needed to get out. Players sign for us, think they've made it, sign a big contract and then hang around doing nothing. They're the one's in control of their careers, slash your salary by 50% and they'll be clubs lining up to sign you.

Giggsyking

When are we going to stop clubs using us and taking players from us on the cheap (even rich clubs like Newcastle)? These c**ts bought Wood for 25m to save their season, and now reluctant to put a fee on a player that might help them stay up.

ICHM

Why would we want the Saudi oil club to be in the EPL? Rob them while we can and let them have players at 10x their value.

Josep Dowling

When are we going to stop clubs using us and taking players from us on the cheap (even rich clubs like Newcastle)? These c**ts bought Wood for 25m to save their season, and now reluctant to put a fee on a player that might help them stay up.
Woods had a buy out clause and has weakened a relegation rival. It may sound like a lot but Burnley haven’t been able to replace him in the market. Lingard is available on a free in 6 months time so United have very little room to negotiate. £12.5m survival clause is a ridiculous amount of money and I can see why Newcastle aren’t willing to pay.

Giggsyking

Woods had a buy out clause and has weakened a relegation rival. It may sound like a lot but Burnley haven’t been able to replace him in the market. Lingard is available on a free in 6 months time so United have very little room to negotiate. £12.5m survival clause is a ridiculous amount of money and I can see why Newcastle aren’t willing to pay.
We have room to negotiate actually. It is not only our situation, it is theirs, in 6 months Lingard will be free but they will be relegated. They can sign him then and play him in the championship.

Sviken

How are they unrealistic? You telling me Newcastle doesn't have the 12m to pay for Jesse Lingard? Give me a fecking break. Since when is United a charity football club? Why should we give them a player for basically free? Saving wages like that matters when there's less than a year on his contract and Jesse's contract isn't small, but it isn't Alexis Sanchez' either. Newcastle surviving in the PL is worth to them far more to the Saudis the measly 12 million that they wipe their asses with.

These are signs that United are starting to act like a serious club rather than the butt of all jokes. Pay up or feck off.

Roane

How are they unrealistic? You telling me Newcastle doesn't have the 12m to pay for Jesse Lingard? Give me a fecking break. Since when is United a charity football club? Why should we give them a player for basically free? Saving wages like that matters when there's less than a year on his contract and Jesse's contract isn't small, but it isn't Alexis Sanchez' either. Newcastle surviving in the PL is worth to them far more to the Saudis the measly 12 million that they wipe their asses with.

These are signs that United are starting to act like a serious club rather than the butt of all jokes. Pay up or feck off.

Don't disagree with you generally we've become a soft club and need to toughen up.

However the Lingard situation isn't the hill is die upon. If he will walk for free in a few months then the wages saved is like a fee for me.

If we can get a few million on top that's a bonus right now surely? Alternative is we pay 100k plus a week for 6 months and he goes anyway. Probably with a signing on fee and laughing all the way to the bank

Sviken

Don't disagree with you generally we've become a soft club and need to toughen up.

However the Lingard situation isn't the hill is die upon. If he will walk for free in a few months then the wages saved is like a fee for me.

If we can get a few million on top that's a bonus right now surely? Alternative is we pay 100k plus a week for 6 months and he goes anyway. Probably with a signing on fee and laughing all the way to the bank
Better he walk on a free than on a measly sum. What's saving 2.4 million going to do for the clubanyway? Literally nothing. It'll probably just be a nice bonus for the Glazers' new yacht. Not only that, but we're not loaning him to a different league, we're loaning him to a future PL rival who is under threat of relegation (which would be good for us if they go down). Why should we do them basically a favor? What does this club gain out of it? Nothing. It's not like the Martial situation were we hope that he'd prop up some value for sale in the future. We can't sell Jesse. We have nothing to gain from this loan apart from a measly sum. Even 12 million is nothing amazing, but at least it'll not be a huge loss. But basically gifting him because we like little Jesse so much (the guy that fecked us by refusing to leave or sign a new contract) should be out of the question

Member 101269

The hill isnt JLingz, the hill is the human behaviour towards United.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Kanchelskis was a decent player, scored few, helped United reach FA Cup and won it... then he left the club. End of story.

United have been parting ways with likes of Stam, Keano or Van Nistelrooy in much more heated atmosphere. Nobody lamented that much after them despite them being key players, especially SAF and his staff who were focused 100% on the job no matter the circumstances.

Seriously, why the feck we still talk about Lingard in 2022. Why it's still a topic. Let him go and let's move on. I'm so fed up with these pub level stories suggesting the supposed atmosphere around the club.

Media are milking it like we're selling Beckham to Real Madrid. It's a player who we supposed to clear out in order for talented ones to come in and refresh things. Nothing less, nothing more.

BTW when Ralf moves upstairs, can some manager who didn't lost his balls in the process come in the summer and finally stop this circus ?

Seij

Can we propose selling him to Newcastle for 5M or something? I'm sure Newcastle will bite, but let's see what this homegrown lad who supposedly bleeds United does.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Can we propose selling him to Newcastle for 5M or something? I'm sure Newcastle will bite, but let's see what this homegrown lad who supposedly bleeds United does.
Oh he bleeds United like I bleed Liverpool.
Yes I know, you wrote supposedly.
Just had to vent..

Revaulx

Kanchelskis was a decent player, scored few, helped United reach FA Cup and won it... then he left the club. End of story.

United have been parting ways with likes of Stam, Keano or Van Nistelrooy in much more heated atmosphere. Nobody lamented that much after them despite them being key players, especially SAF and his staff who were focused 100% on the job no matter the circumstances.

Seriously, why the feck we still talk about Lingard in 2022. Why it's still a topic. Let him go and let's move on. I'm so fed up with these pub level stories suggesting the supposed atmosphere around the club.

Media are milking it like we're selling Beckham to Real Madrid. It's a player who we supposed to clear out in order for talented ones to come in and refresh things. Nothing less, nothing more.

BTW when Ralf moves upstairs, can some manager who didn't lost his balls in the process come in the summer and finally stop this circus ?
I very much doubt the Jesse situation has anything to do with the manager, interim or otherwise.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC

Better he walk on a free than on a measly sum. What's saving 2.4 million going to do for the clubanyway? Literally nothing. It'll probably just be a nice bonus for the Glazers' new yacht. Not only that, but we're not loaning him to a different league, we're loaning him to a future PL rival who is under threat of relegation (which would be good for us if they go down). Why should we do them basically a favor? What does this club gain out of it? Nothing. It's not like the Martial situation were we hope that he'd prop up some value for sale in the future. We can't sell Jesse. We have nothing to gain from this loan apart from a measly sum. Even 12 million is nothing amazing, but at least it'll not be a huge loss. But basically gifting him because we like little Jesse so much (the guy that fecked us by refusing to leave or sign a new contract) should be out of the question
THIS.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I very much doubt the Jesse situation has anything to do with the manager, interim or otherwise.
Manager can and should deal with this circus. SAF used to expose and punish journos for stirring absurd stories and was fairly quick in dealing with players and their uncertain future or questionable motivation.

This whole situation shouldn't happen in the first place if previous manager could make decisions on time. Manager can actually do a lot if he has a long term plan and strong will to execute it.

Rangnick is exactly here to identify a problem and deal with it in a short time. I hope his honesty will turn into action or it's just another season of giving rivals more opportunities to become stronger while we sit here and trying to loan out Jesse Lingard who played same amount of games this season as Van de Beek.

Gandalf

We did propose a permanent deal and Newcastle met the terms, Jesse was the one who vetoed it and now wants to cry about unfair treatment. He was happy to linger and run his contract down but Newcastle are offering him a fat bonus on top of his wages to go bail them out for a few months so he wants to have that and still get to cash in on a free in the summer. He is being greedy and getting what he deserves.

NoPace

Feel like he'll move to Serie A. They love a free and a team like AC Milan could do well with him alternating with Brahim Diaz as #10s, save their transfer money for a Kessie replacement.

Jibbs

What's de gea done? Apart from the Madrid shit years ago, don't think I've heard him/his camp say anything bad.
He is on too high a wage and just a good shot stopper.

Seij

We did propose a permanent deal and Newcastle met the terms, Jesse was the one who vetoed it and now wants to cry about unfair treatment. He was happy to linger and run his contract down but Newcastle are offering him a fat bonus on top of his wages to go bail them out for a few months so he wants to have that and still get to cash in on a free in the summer. He is being greedy and getting what he deserves.
Ugh. He has zero grounds to be whining on the media then. He got lucky getting broken into the team at the same time as Rashford, who is 5 years younger when the team was completely depleted. He definitely cashed in on being perceived as a young youth talent until it became a running joke. I'd like him out ASAP, but hearing all this stuff, wouldn't mind leaving him in the stands until the end of the season. Don't even bother asking him to show up to the practices as we don't need a mediocre player moping around and generally being a bad influence on our actual youth players.

lex talionis

The sums of money in question are trivial. The sooner he leaves the better for United. As for what becomes of the JLijgz brand, I couldn’t give a shit.

Esquire

The club’s position clearly contradicts your supposition. The club can clearly sustain Lingard’s salary and he can be cover for all the competitions we are in. He is leaving on a free in 6 months as you say so we will lose him for nothing anyway. If Newcastle is desperate enough then they need to pay a premium to bring Lingard in. We have been played way too many times in recent years in the transfer market. Lingard can feel hard done by in a way and I sympathise but have no issue with the club playing hardball with Newcastle.

Josep Dowling

The club’s position clearly contradicts your supposition. The club can clearly sustain Lingard’s salary and he can be cover for all the competitions we are in. He is leaving on a free in 6 months as you say so we will lose him for nothing anyway. If Newcastle is desperate enough then they need to pay a premium to bring Lingard in. We have been played way too many times in recent years in the transfer market. Lingard can feel hard done by in a way and I sympathise but have no issue with the club playing hardball with Newcastle.
When have you heard of a loan deal with a loan fee in excess of £10m? It’s a 6 month loan for an average player, that we don’t even use. I get United have had their trousers down in the market but they also have to be sensible. Does it make any sense to repeat the Romero situation? In a good year the clubs profits are about £30m, so suggesting a few millions doesn’t matter is absolute rubbish.

Gandalf

When have you heard of a loan deal with a loan fee in excess of £10m? It’s a 6 month loan for an average player, that we don’t even use. I get United have had their trousers down in the market but they also have to be sensible. Does it make any sense to repeat the Romero situation? In a good year the clubs profits are about £30m, so suggesting a few millions doesn’t matter is absolute rubbish.
The fee requested is negligible, the issue is the bonus of 12M. To turn your point around, if Newcastle don't stay up they don't pay it but if they do they will earn in excess of an additional 100M so why are they acting like it is not worth it to them? We did not put him on the market, they asked and we quoted terms and if they don't want to pay it then fair enough.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Another post in a West Ham shirt. Guy is trolling the club.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Crazy how he wasn’t sold when his stock was high after that West Ham loan. What’s the point of keeping him on and doing nothing only to leave on a free?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Crazy how he wasn’t sold when his stock was high after that West Ham loan. What’s the point of keeping him on and doing nothing only to leave on a free?
We're not known for our intelligent decisions in the transfer market.