Jesse Lingard will have an excellent season | Discuss in his player performance thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanderpants

Probably the worst and most overrated utd player I have seen for a long time, I just don't see what Ole sees in him

Tony247

Any manager who rates Lingard, Mata or Perreira should not be our manager.
i am littile positive about Perreira but I share the same sentiment.

Perreira has specific use in certain tactical situations. But yes, he is not a game changer.. game saver may be.

ship50

Not good enough for a top 4 team but we are not one of them so he continues. And we don't have many alternatives.

Tony247

I do not believe Ole rates Lingard really high. I think he is playing him because literally there is no other option at this moment. Had Fred started delivering we would not be discussing Lingard.

NJM78

I do not believe Ole rates Lingard really high. I think he is playing him because literally there is no other option at this moment. Had Fred started delivering we would not be discussing Lingard.
If Fred started delivering he would more likely drop McTominay.

Ole loves his Jlingzy

SAFMUTD

I really don't understand what managers see in him, he "runs a lot" but whats the point? no creativity, moves like a mad man to receive the ball and pass it back or backwards. Pointless.

Red_toad

You brought a manager who never managed Lingard into the conversation, one that has also retired from the game.
I’d suggest you check on whom called Jesse into the first team squad. As Sir Alex managed him, he rated him, so please feel free to carry on.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Scoring an equaliser against a shit Crystal Palace with time running out then celebrating with the Stretford End alone.
I know the kid was exited and all but I was mad screaming at the screen when he did that.

What was that all about :lol:

NJM78

I’d suggest you check on whom called Jesse into the first team squad. As Sir Alex managed him, he rated him, so please feel free to carry on.
Did he play a minute under Sir Alex?

And is there a chance SAF will manage him in the future?

You can also carry on.

fergiesarmy1

Christ you can’t want him to continue playing, his touch has gone, he no longer scores and rarely assists.

ManchesterYoda

86 minutes against Chelsea, rating of 7.13
81 minutes against Wolves, rating of 6.26
56 minutes against Palace, rating of 6.15

What are the odds on Solskjaer starting him again in the next game AND Gareth Southgate badger choosing him for his England squad?

fergies coat

That was over 7 years ago, but let’s persist with him? Now imagine what a 27 year old Beckham or Giggs had done at his age. It’s night and day. He isn’t good enough and never will be.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
In order to allow Fred delivering he has to be played first. This was the perfect game to start him!

Where is he btw?

Falcow

Any manager who rates Lingard, Mata or Perreira should not be our manager.
Couldn't agree more. When interviewing our next manager the first question should be, do you rate this guy( show him a picture of lingard in his poncy clothes) if the answer is 'yes I do' then we should conclude the interview and say, thanks for your time, we will be in touch.

While I'm trying to be funny, I'm actually serious

Red_toad

Christ you can’t want him to continue playing, his touch has gone, he no longer scores and rarely assists.
Ah here we go, did you ask my opinion on him? No you simply tried to be smart as I told another poster their opinion on managers was wrong.

fergiesarmy1

Ah here we go, did you ask my opinion on him? No you simply tried to be smart as I told another poster their opinion on managers was wrong.
Wasn’t trying to be smart, only replied to your post. Just got in from watching what was a grim performance and seen a post apparently praising someone that was a waste of space.

redshaw

He has to be dropped now. I don't think there's any saving him but some time out to focus could be good. Release Gomes.

Kurton

Jesse reminds of employees who do not take their job seriously. It gets overlooked for some time, but when he is in there for long enough time and not delivered, it had accumulated and exposed you in an amplified way. He has no hiding place anymore.

Cathy Ferguson

Sir Alex spoke very highly of Lingard. I must say you’re a tad off the mark with that post.
Probably to build his confidence since there is almost no end product. Just compare him to the players Pool and City have in the same position. No wonder we finished 30 points behind them and Lingard is the weakest link atm.

Nanotron

But he certainly rated Jesse and I’d argue with anyone that he certainly should have managed United.
What are you on about. Try and judge a player for yourself instead of being spoonfed your opinions. Fergie also rated luke chadwick, ronnie wallwork, tom cleverly etc etc. Nobody is infallible.

Status
Not open for further replies.