Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Do you think this lad will outshine Danny Welbeck and does he have a chance of coming back and featuring this season?

Brophs

The One and Only
To the bottom left corner and all. Usually those long headers are lobs.

Revan

Assumptionman
Do you think this lad will outshine Danny Welbeck and does he have a chance of coming back and featuring this season?
Very likely. He is our most composed young player IMO. Not as talented ad Adnan but is very very mature. Either way I expect him to be here next season with one (or more) of Young, Giggs and Valencia leaving.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
It gets stranger still: Apparently, this was a 35 yard close range effort from a cross to the far post. He must have gotten some bend on it.

LR7

Haven't seen the game but according to whoscored he made 2 key passes, had 2 shots on target, 4 tackles, 1 interception and a clearance. Looks like he's really getting stuck in, and not just offensively. They've put him in the number 10 position.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Haven't seen the game but according to whoscored he made 2 key passes, had 2 shots on target, 4 tackles, 1 interception and a clearance. Looks like he's really getting stuck in, and not just offensively. They've put him in the number 10 position.
You sure, bromosexual? I thought he played to the left in a 4-2-3-1.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
It gets stranger still: Apparently, this was a 35 yard close range effort from a cross to the far post. He must have gotten some bend on it.

And from a cross by Burke too. He must have raced down the wing just past the half way line and crossed, must have been some power on the cross as well

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Nice header that. Not sure I've seen him score one of them before. Someone on here said after his sensational debut that he seems to be getting into better positions in and around the box this season. Seems like an astute observation.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
If he gets 8 plus goals a season i can confidently say he will.
I can confidently say that you know nothing about Lingard if you think he's anything like Lampard. Nani once got 8 goals or more, I guess he's the Portuguese Lampard?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
so what is his best position? anyone know where exactly Birmingham are playing him?

Brightonian

so what is his best position? anyone know where exactly Birmingham are playing him?
I think Birmingham are playing him behind the striker - certainly that's where they said they were planning to use him when they took the loan.

But his best position for me is on the left of the 3 in a 4231, cutting inside, or on the left of the forward 3 in a 433.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Lets take Lingard back now, as return of favour, we can loan them Young until end of his contract.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Status
Not open for further replies.