Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
I don't get it. I've probably missed the point, but Ronaldo's dribbling ability/tendency to dribble lessened pretty much exactly in tandem with his 'bulking up'. We couldn't say for certain that one led to the other, but the change in Ronaldo's physique and his dribbling was very noticeable in that 07/08 season.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
One thing I've noticed recently with the kids who have been brought up with United from a really young age and was very evident from Jesse last night and even with the likes of Cleverley and Welbeck is the comfort in playing quick 1 touch passes and having the confidence to do it rather than taking an extra touch which a lot of players will do to make sure they dont make a mistake. Its great to see and it seems Rene Meulensteens coaching is really starting to pay off with the players coming through.
We're going to have a lot to thank Rene for in a few years time. Bring him in was a great move and we are only just starting to see the fruits of that.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
4 goals in 6 starts for the reserve/U21 team, which is pretty good production for someone playing mostly on the wing. He's 2nd in goals, tied with Cole, among all the reserve players (behind Macheda with 7). He also had his first assist of the season today.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I really do hope he gets a chance or two in the first team this season. Quality talent.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
On the bench today against Nottingham Forest. Live on Sky Sports. I have that running as well as the United U18s game on my laptop :lol:

I'll bump this thread if he gets on the pitch.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
On now. Half an hour left.

Dobba

He had a decent half hour or so, seemed to be involved in a lot of Leicester's forward play - put team mates through in good positions a couple of times.

Certainly seemed to do enough to start a few matches for them.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Reading their forum it reminds you its all about perspective. We can look at it with the bigger picture as we are more concerned with following his long-term development as a player, whereas Leicester fans understandably don't care about that they just need immediate results for their club.

The only criticisms you could have with him today are excusable;

'He didn't get involved enough', Ok hes just made his debut in senior football with a team he has been training with for less than a week who play a completely different style of play than he is used to. Give him time to work his teammates out and vice-versa at least.

'He is lightweight', No shit, he is 19 years old and has plenty more growing to do over the next few years and will gain more strength in the future. He has always been a bit behind his peers physically. However this isn't the nfl, his pace, skill, awareness, technical ability, intelligent play and movement have always been his assets and these are far more effective traits in this sport than strength. Even in the short periods he got on the ball he showed these qualities. He is a creative midfielder not a target man.

If Leicester can get the ball into his feet quickly and have good movement around him he can bring class to their side and hurt teams and be of a benefit to them. He is a big talent and i'm sure that if people show patience with him he will prove this.

prateik

He'll be fine. No idea how he did today, but I'm sure he'll do well at that level. Might need a few days to get used to things.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He got game time-came on after 59mins. Dont know how he done.

Brightonian

He was excellent in the tour last year, and I was a little worried that if he simply did the same again he might once again not see much benefit from it. But he took another step up today with the goals.

With Januzaj, Lingard and Zaha playing the way they are, Moyes has some real decisions to make.

Godfather

Looked very very good indeed. Especially after his second goal he was full of confidence.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Yeah, he looked the pick of the bunch basically. Feisty, very intelligent, quick thinker and obviously a good finisher.

Might have grabbed his chance on this tour really.

Brightonian

I always remember Obertan looking brilliant in preseasons.

Great game from Lingard though.
True. Different sort of brilliant though - Obertan used to be not hugely involved with the play, but provide moments of flair which he couldn't reproduce often enough in competitive matches. Lingard has been showing the flair, but he's also been constantly involved with the basic flow of the match, at the centre of a lot of the passing football and also doing well in the nitty-gritty ball-winning. That's always a more reliable sign that he could make it with us, because you don't just lose the ability to be that involved.

Or in short, he looks more young Cleverley than young Obertan to me, not in terms of position but in terms of the sort of involvement he's having in the match.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
Lingard has got some real skills, great finishing, quick thinking. With his height he'll need to focus on a low centre of gravity, he is only 5ft 6! At that height bulking up will have limited difference, speed and skill has to be the main part of his game.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
What is his main position by the way? Having watched him for the past two years, I still can't decide.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
I think Lingard is making a real case for being a squad player this season. Would love to see him get some opportunities, provides another winger/AM option.

LR7

Should have been involved in either of the England tournaments this summer.

Ekeke

I've always liked him, although never been quite sure his future lies with us. Would love him to stay and have an impact on the first team though

Status
Not open for further replies.