Jim White Day - January 2014

manutddjw

What an anti-climatic deadline day.

Although I hear Amanda Knox could be moving to Italy.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
I can't believe they've got Cooper standing outside OT still. Nothing is happening you gimps.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
The August window is always better than this one. The January one is usually full of relegation threatened and crap sides desperately trying to get players in to keep them up.

Sir A1ex

It does feel a bit like Primark during a sale, with a load of scallies picking their way through the discarded T-shirts on the floor.

And yes, that is where and when I by all my clothes.

CallyRed

Don't worry, come the last hour of the Summer transfer window, there will be a large of group United fans behind James Cooper, jumping up and down with joy as he announces the double sale of Antonio Valencia and Ashley Young.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
One of the annoying things about this whole rigamarole is that the "dramatic", big money, last minute signings that turned Transfer Deadline Day into an event were Berbatov and Robinho and after that, Carroll and Torres, none of whom ended up being that good!

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
One of the annoying things about this whole rigamarole is that the "dramatic", big money, last minute signings that turned Transfer Deadline Day into an event were Berbatov and Robinho and after that, Carroll and Torres, none of whom ended up being that good!
It is much ado about nothing. They should call it deadline loan day. Why couldn't these loans be done earlier in the window.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
Luis Suarez though... :drool:

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Just to confirm because I went to be shitting myself last night. There was a scary rumour linking us to Townsend, did it go away quickly or was there anything in it?

Glad to wake up and see it didn't happen, it would have been an embarrassment for the club.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
We might regret not signing anyone. Hopefully we have targets lined up in the Summer though.

Member 39557

Another crap Christmas deadline day from a united perspective. I'm so over the Mata signing now, we need more new presents players.

Getsme

You know it's been a shite Jim White day when there's 40 minutes left and we are still on page 3
Edit: Although I love page 3 - boobies

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Traore and McGeady?
A lot of people think the transfer window is just deadline day. They forget about the rest of the window.
I realise we have signed them. Yet with the injuries we have had and Heitinga possibly leaving, another player or two for the squad would be most welcome right now. I didn't forget about the rest of the window.