Jimmy Bullard

Sam

Really good to see him back today, good footballer and a great guy, and what a fantastic free kick! He really should be playing for a better team then that shower of shite he currently plays for.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Made me laugh when he hugged the ref at the end.

Sam

It's just a shame he's 29. I feel that if he was say 22/23, he would surely get an England cap sometime in the future.

Anyway, I hope he can move to a better club than Fulham in the near future. He's far to good for them. On and off the pitch.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I love Jimmy Bullard, that clip on him and Big Dunc (which I can't find on youtube) is amazing

- the Premier League pulled that clip apparently

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Fulham is probably the best off the field option for him with the incoming offers. I can see a link with Liverpool in the future. Would be a typical thing of them to sign him.

HsJ

Hull goal: The ball spins off Joleon Lescott in the Man City area - did it hit his hip, or an arm? Referee Lee Probert decides it was the latter and points to the spot. Controversial. Jimmy Bullard steps up to smash the penalty home and celebrates by imitating Phil Brown's half-time team-talk from last year - his team-mates all sit down to listen. Classic - not that Mark Hughes will have enjoyed it this time around.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
He's top quality for a laugh is Jimmy.

Shame he came into the league a bit late.

Legend on FM 2005 getting Wigan in the Prem though.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Anyone got a clip of his celebration? Sounds hilarious.

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
:lol::lol::lol:

If anyone can manage to find Phil Brown's reaction to that it would be brilliant

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Last year, Hull's manager Phil Brown delivered his half time team talk to the players on the pitch when they were playing (poorly) against City.

uae

Desperately wants a tagline under his name
In the corresponding fixture last season, Hull were about 4 down at half time and so Phil Brown decided to do the half time team talk out on the pitch and gave the players a bollocking right in front of the away support. Bullard imitated it.

Chris H

Video Posting God
Can someone explain to me what his celebration really means ? Seems like I missed an episode

Last year, Hull were playing poorly against City at Eastlands, down 4-0. Instead of taking the team into the dressing room at half time, Brown had them sit on the pitch while he vented his disappointment at them for the entire 15 minutes. I guess he hoped it would inspire them, but they didn't rally on the day, and in fact it was about this time that their season went completely into the tank.

The fact that everyone seems able to laugh about it now is a very good sign for Hull. They seem a different team with Bullard around. Someone asked above how Brown took the joke - in his post-match Sky interview (1:52 in), he took it in very good humor, full credit to him.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Browns reaction

Phil Brown hails Jimmy Bullard's Hull celebration

Hull City manager Phil Brown hailed Jimmy Bullard's celebration after the midfielder's equaliser in the Tigers' 1-1 draw away at Manchester City.

Bullard levelled from the spot and then replicated the moment last season when Brown gave his half-time team-talk on the pitch during their 5-1 defeat.

"It was a fantastic celebration," said Brown. "Great comedy is about timing.

"I couldn't deliver my post-match speech as I was laughing so much. The whole thing was timed to perfection."

Bullard sat his team-mates down, stood in the middle of them, and proceeded to wag his finger at them as the Hull players laughed and cheered.

It was in response to Brown's now infamous reaction to Hull conceding four first-half goals in last season's equivalent fixture at Eastlands.

Brown was heavily criticised for it at the time, but he said: "I have had nothing but support from the changing room.

"Great comedy is about timing. You could not have had a celebration like that, after a goal, unless it was at Eastlands and was in the goal in front of the Hull fans.

"I had no idea it was going to happen. I was trying to arrange a five-man midfield at the time so I didn't see it.

"But my analysis guy showed me it on the laptop when we got into the changing room."

Bullard, unsurprisingly, enjoyed the celebrations.

"We decided to do it last night. He (Phil Brown) took it well," he said.

"It was a bit of banter to do it if we scored a goal, and we agreed that whoever scored an equaliser or winning goal had to be the one who did the pointing.

"I think Paul McShane will be the one to take the flak for it."

BBC Sport - Football - Phil Brown hails Jimmy Bullard's Hull celebration

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Last year, Hull were playing poorly against City at Eastlands, down 4-0. Instead of taking the team into the dressing room at half time, Brown had them sit on the pitch while he vented his disappointment at them for the entire 15 minutes. I guess he hoped it would inspire them, but they didn't rally on the day, and in fact it was about this time that their season went completely into the tank.

The fact that everyone seems able to laugh about it now is a very good sign for Hull. They seem a different team with Bullard around. Someone asked above how Brown took the joke - in his post-match Sky interview (1:52 in), he took it in very good humor, full credit to him.
Cheers Chris (and others), I can now see the funny side of it

Jammy

10k Spammer Award!
McShane and Hunt came up with the idea for the celebration.

and the Duncan Ferguson one>

This one cracks me up :D