Joachim Andersen

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
David Ornstein concluded the BBC 5 Live programme (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m00067kc) by telling viewers to keep an eye on Sampdoria CB Joachim Andersen, as it is expected that he'll be making a move to the Premier League this summer. The Ornacle has prophesised! Where we thinking?
Typical Tottenham signing. Young player with lots of potential and yet has lots of first team experience already. Technical player, comfortable on the ball.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
David Ornstein concluded the BBC 5 Live programme (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m00067kc) by telling viewers to keep an eye on Sampdoria CB Joachim Andersen, as it is expected that he'll be making a move to the Premier League this summer. The Ornacle has prophesised! Where we thinking?
Arsenal supposedly had a 43m bid rejected for him + Praet as they were looking for 50m. But there hasn't been any news for a while and we switched our focus to Saliba.

izec

Koulibaly and De Ligt out of the race, Maguire too expensive, Umtiti injury risk. This guy would be our best bet. Could form a great partnership with Lindelöf, the Scandinavian connection. Budget De Ligt.

Beej

Koulibaly and De Ligt out of the race, Maguire too expensive, Umtiti injury risk. This guy would be our best bet. Could form a great partnership with Lindelöf, the Scandinavian connection. Budget De Ligt.
De Ligt Lite

Lee565

At a time when the club is willing to take punts on Longstaff and James, I hope we take a punt on this guy as well, even if a player like him doesn't turn out well, the fact that he is good on the ball, still very young and wont come at a crazy high price or wages, he wont be hard to recoup the money back on when ball playing defenders are becoming more and more in demand even outside of the top clubs.

sp_107

He is a good prospect, his game reading and ball playing capabilities are very good but the problem is he is poor at tackling and always struggled against pace.

So the point is, are we ready to take a chance and possibly wait for him to develop like Lindelöf?
if he doesnt have much pace how can he survive in EPL?

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
He is a good prospect, his game reading and ball playing capabilities are very good but the problem is he is poor at tackling and always struggled against pace.

So the point is, are we ready to take a chance and possibly wait for him to develop like Lindelöf?
The same way Laporte, Alderweireld or Maguire?

stubie

Ability to read the game usually makes up for lack of pace with their positioning of play and anticipating attackers runs

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Not that different from Maguire, actually. Lack experience (that we need), but price more than makes up for that.

sp_107

Let Inter have him and concentrate on a known quantity like Skriniar.

The above article seems good as it points out where he isnt so good too. His team being destroyed by ex-Spurs reserve Iago Falque and an off form Belotti, conceding 4 last week at home doesn't sound appealing for our next £30 million+ CB. Watching the highlights he was mostly uninvolved in the goals, but he did lose focus on a ball in the air that he let reach Belotti on a volley where he could have secured his hatrick and on the last one the ball was turned in from an area he and other Sampdoria players were supposed to be marking/covering on a set piece.

Let Inter take a chance on him replacing their player while we get the genuine article. We don't need a CB who is still establishing themselves and may or may not make it. We already have Bailly and Lindelof. Of course we could sell them both, get this guy and the genuine article as well. But given how poorly we do when selling our players and overpaying for others, I can imagine that wouldnt look very good either.
I dont think Inter is the main problem here, Even they let him leave it doesnt look like he is interested in joining us.
I am sure he would have pushed the boat by this time as he knew our interest and he could double his wages too but seems he is not very fond of money and likes his life in Milan.

His value only increased in my head because of this. Good luck to him as I dont want any half hearted players come hto UTD for various selfish reasons. I want players put UTD as their first interest and willing to run through brick walls for this club so eventually they can earn more money by proving their worth.

You can call me a plonker but I still take a fully committed Herrera over half ar5ed Pogba any day though he is a bigger talent, You may not agree with this but that's me.

Last edited:

Enigma_87

You know who
ANyone has an idea why he hasn't been capped for Denmark yet? It's not like they are brimming with talent at CB..

davidmichael

I can’t say I’ve ever watched anything of him but €25 million plus €5 million in add ons if he’s anywhere near as good as some say is a steal.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

I can’t say I’ve ever watched anything of him but €25 million plus €5 million in add ons if he’s anywhere near as good as some say is a steal.
Makes you wonder why no one bigger than Lyon was in for him.

Kostov

Makes you wonder why no one bigger than Lyon was in for him.
Why no one bigger was not in for Maguire when he moved for like 15m to Leicester? According to many on here he wasn't also good enough simply because he played for a relegated side.

Ace of Spades

He will be another prospect, and we need experience and someone to lead that defence. It is a good signing if you have a settled defence, which we don't.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Why no one bigger was not in for Maguire when he moved for like 15m to Leicester? According to many on here he wasn't also good enough simply because he played for a relegated side.
Because sometimes players go under the radar or develop unexpectedly well. Most of the time though the big clubs get it right.

Mike Smalling

ANyone has an idea why he hasn't been capped for Denmark yet? It's not like they are brimming with talent at CB..
Maybe not brimming with talent, but we do have some useful players. Simon Kjær has loads of experience and captains the side, so he obviously plays when fit, and Andreas Christensen is arguably a better prospect than Joachim Andersen.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Him & Denayer would make a pretty ball-playing centre back duo over at Lyon. Good biz by them