Joao Felix / on loan to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondi77

I wonder why Atletico do not make a loan deal attractive to us or Arsenal as that would put Felix on show in the Premier League window and then they may get a big offer for him in the summer and recruit some of their huge outlay.
If Simeone is going to continue for the foreseeable future then they will be stuck with an unhappy player that will be less motivated to do his best for the team.
It seems short sighted on their part that they want money up front and his wages paid whereas they should be looking at moving an unhappy player on and getting a big fee in the summer.

croadyman

I wonder why Atletico do not make a loan deal attractive to us or Arsenal as that would put Felix on show in the Premier League window and then they may get a big offer for him in the summer and recruit some of their huge outlay.
If Simeone is going to continue for the foreseeable future then they will be stuck with an unhappy player that will be less motivated to do his best for the team.
It seems short sighted on their part that they want money up front and his wages paid whereas they should be looking at moving an unhappy player on and getting a big fee in the summer.
Yeah that would make sense but clearly they are happy to keep an unhappy player if us or Arsenal aren't willing to meet conditions of this loan deal

Pronewbie

Peep
But if he flops...

Bondi77

But is that due to not suiting Atletico's style
Either way....If Simeone is staying there it is in the club's interest to move him on and I don't hear of any interest from Barca or Real so putting him on show in England seems like the best way for them to get the biggest fee for him.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
He is flopping at the moment....isn't that the whole reason why they want to loan him out.
Is he flopping though? The below video makes it look like he's bloody running their game. I think AtM would be very happy to keep him:

croadyman

Is he flopping though? The below video makes it look like he's bloody running their game. I think AtM would be very happy to keep him:
There is no smoke without fire when you look at those tweets about him not being happy,be interesting to see if he's left out of their squad for Barca tonight. I still think you are the favourites due to stable ownership

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
There is no smoke without fire when you look at those tweets about him not being happy,be interesting to see if he's left out of their squad for Barca tonight. I still think you are the favourites due to stable ownership
Yeah, but it looks like Felix is plan B for us if Mudryk falls through. Which make sense seeing as GJ(when he returns) and Odegaard have the first team locked up, whereas a wide man will find more game time. Personally would prefer having Felix in the team over Mudryk, but I'll go with whatever the professionals decide.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Not worried by the loan fee (not my - or anyone else's here money) but Atletico have a cheek saying they want a commitment to buy. Feck off

fallengt

He's flopping. His end product is very hit and miss.
That's why they want to cut the loss and sell him with lower price.

Telsim

One game against the colossus in world football Elche, who managed to finish 13th in La Liga, means he is running their game? His overall stats for Atletico Madrid are dreadful. And they are somehow even worse for his national team. He absolutely is flopping.

He is a lot like Pogba in some regards. Has one excellent game every now and then followed by a lot of below average games. The excuses for that are pretty much the same - manager, teammates, system, etc. At least Pogba managed to put out consistently great performances for France to prove he can actually be as good as advertised.

WPMUFC

this one is dead. i can imagine he may have been a serious option without the buyout clause, but it's all Weghorst now.

phelans shorts

Either way....If Simeone is staying there it is in the club's interest to move him on and I don't hear of any interest from Barca or Real so putting him on show in England seems like the best way for them to get the biggest fee for him.
That if is carrying a lot of weight.

I certainly wouldn’t be shocked if Simeone left at the end of the season. The club clearly see more future in Felix than him too.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
One game against the colossus in world football Elche, who managed to finish 13th in La Liga, means he is running their game? His overall stats for Atletico Madrid are dreadful. And they are somehow even worse for his national team. He absolutely is flopping.

He is a lot like Pogba in some regards. Has one excellent game every now and then followed by a lot of below average games. The excuses for that are pretty much the same - manager, teammates, system, etc. At least Pogba managed to put out consistently great performances for France to prove he can actually be as good as advertised.
And wasn’t 22 years old.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
What does caf think? Would he choose Arsenal over us or vice versa if both clubs agree a deal with Atletico?

Mainoldo

What does caf think? Would he choose Arsenal over us or vice versa if both clubs agree a deal with Atletico?
Definitely us. His agent knows what move is best for him to increase his profile again and it’s wearing the number 7 at United.

Also benefits Atletico to help get a good price in the summer. I’m sure Mendes will be making them aware of that in negotiations.

Status
Not open for further replies.