Joao Felix / on loan to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
My only reservation here is that I think he'd be used deeper off the left with Rashford moved central, and in that case what he would do there would just be similar to what Sancho can do, if he finds his form again. Huge potential, and I'd love to get him, but unless we are giving up on Sancho, objectively I'm not sure how much sense it makes.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Agreed. I'd wait till we actually signed him at least. :)
Its only for a few months
[

Not sure who else would deserve it to be fair, should he join
Come one this number used to mean something and we're not even sure if he's gonna be around more than 6 month.

Fergie wasn't even willing to give it to bekham and it took Keane reducing it to change his mind and besides giving it to him so soon might get to his head.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Come one this number used to mean something and we're not even sure if he's gonna be around more than 6 month.

Fergie wasn't even willing to give it to bekham and it took Keane reducing it to change his mind and besides giving it to him so soon might get to his head.
The latest reports suggest an obligation to buy which it makes it more likely that any deal would indeed become permanent.

croadyman

The latest reports suggest an obligation to buy which it makes it more likely that any deal would indeed become permanent.
You wonder if the doubts around our ownership are also playing a part in things

Xaviboy

Can he play on the right side. We seem to use Bruno out there in games when Antony goes off.

Wonder if we will have Rashord left with Garnacho/Sancho as subs.

Antony/Felix for right side.

Martial/ Weghorst for CF.

croadyman

Just remember this is a complex deal for anyone and that includes Arsenal too

croadyman

I think if he moves it will be to United.
Apparently Mendes wants to get back in our good books,but don't know how true that is.

I believe he will speaking to Atletico to try and lower that loan fee to a figure Utd feel is more favourable.

Unam333

What does caf think? Would he choose Arsenal over us or vice versa if both clubs agree a deal with Atletico?
He is daft if he chooses Arsenal over us.
Granted, Arsenal are playing really well and deserve their current position. However, if he joins Arsenal then he must perform for them immediately. There won't be any time to adjust to the league. Joining United, however the expectations this season will be lower and Ten Hag will give him time to bed in.

For his own development sake the best place right now is United.

TheReligion

Abusive
Apparently Mendes wants to get back in our good books,but don't know how true that is.

I believe he will speaking to Atletico to try and lower that loan fee to a figure Utd feel is more favourable.
Not sure we’ll go for him if we get Weghorst, unless atl Madrid drop the price down by quite a bit.
Everything points to us getting both given they are different players.

The Felix deal will likely run to the end of the window so makes sense to get Weghorst in early so he can help out during January.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
He is daft if he chooses Arsenal over us.
Granted, Arsenal are playing really well and deserve their current position. However, if he joins Arsenal then he must perform for them immediately. There won't be any time to adjust to the league. Joining United, however the expectations this season will be lower and Ten Hag will give him time to bed in.

For his own development sake the best place right now is United.
I mean it's a 6 month loan.. how much time does he have to adjust?

And not really true.. he doesn't need to start for us off the bat. He can eventually phase in for Nketiah. ESR is back now too.

croadyman

The Felix deal will likely run to the end of the window so makes sense to get Weghorst in early so he can help out during January.
Yeah fully expecting this to go right down to the last days of window,like I just said in the Depay thread I still wouldn't rule out move for him IF this becomes too complex.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'

Would make sense if we did get both. Would add some much needed depth to the team. Felix will give us plenty of options and means we’ll be able to give Bruno a proper rest without the standards dropping.

croadyman

Would make sense if we did get both. Would add some much needed depth to the team. Felix will give us plenty of options and means we’ll be able to give Bruno a proper rest without the standards dropping.
Like I just said above loan fee will have to come down another few million yet for it to be possible

TheReligion

Abusive
Like I just said above loan fee will have to come down another few million yet for it to be possible
I think both are likely as they are different.

Weghorst the experienced short term CF option to tide us over until summer.

Felix more of a young, fluid player that fits the new philosophy and one we could make permanent and fit the long term vision.

Neither deal impacts on the other in the short or long term.

croadyman

I think both are likely as they are different.

Weghorst the experienced short term CF option to tide us over until summer.

Felix more of a young, fluid player that fits the new philosophy and one we could make permanent and fit the long term vision.

Neither deal impacts on the other in the short or long term.
Very true but don't expect any movement unless price comes down a bit more

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
In my opinion, it's clear Mendes wants him to come to us to repair the relationship from the Ronaldo fall-out, especially with the impending new ownership.

Arsenal have spent money recently but no one spends money like United.

Zoo

Nobody is coming close to meeting their demands.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
So only i think that spending 15 million to have a player for 6 months is a good deal?
And player who will not maybe even be in first 11?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Spending 16 million on him for a 6 month period would be a dumb move, especially ontop of the obscene wages he's on that United or Arsenal would likely be paying too.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Wengerista

Supports
Arsenal

Nobody is coming close to meeting their demands.
Either they are playing it cool to strengthen their hand while really being desperate to offload, or they're genuinely relaxed about it because they feel like he'll still have a really high value in the summer. I think the hard reality is they're losing a huge amount of money on him in every scenario bar successfully reintegrating him into their team. At the moment though certain transfers in the summer combined with the apparent transfer strategy of certain new owners is causing clubs across Europe to overestimate the extent to which PL clubs will inevitably come and bail them out by paying any old silly money for their players.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yeah as I suspected and makes me think he could well be in their squad tonight
I think there's enough reports to suggest the manager and player both want him out of Madrid ASAP.

Putting him outside the squad just weakens their hand on a good loan fee though, so they were never going to do that.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Spending 16 million on him for a 6 month period would be a dumb move, especially ontop of the obscene wages he's on that United or Arsenal would likely be paying too.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.
16m would include the obscene wages he’s on.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Everything being said by the club suggests there's not a chance this deal happens unless Madrid let us loan him for nothing with no obligation

The club clearly are looking at a 6 month stop gap/backup for Martial rather than someone who will replace him, hence the Dutch Burnley fella

RedDevilRoshi

Honestly, I am more excited to see Weghorst at united than Felix.
I’m starting to come to that as well now and think Weghorst is the more sensible signing. Gives us a different option that we don’t already have.

I think a lot of people have written off (myself included initially) because of his goals & assists record at Burnley. Then again, your numbers are never going to look that extraordinary in a Sean Dyche team.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I’m starting to come to that as well now and think Weghorst is the more sensible signing. Gives us a different option that we don’t already have.

I think a lot of people have written off (myself included initially) because of his goals & assists record at Burnley. Then again, your numbers are never going to look that extraordinary in a Sean Dyche team.
His numbers everywhere else are great, and he’s exactly what we don’t have. Martial is too flaky to even put himself about, never mind do it well.

TheReligion

Abusive
Everything being said by the club suggests there's not a chance this deal happens unless Madrid let us loan him for nothing with no obligation

The club clearly are looking at a 6 month stop gap/backup for Martial rather than someone who will replace him, hence the Dutch Burnley fella
Nah everything suggests we will look at both.

lex talionis

Utd will try to bring this figure down but may find they get nowhere whatsoever
Appreciate the two replies.

What I’m struggling with is the whole concept of a loan fee plus a contractual requirement to buy at the end of the loan. This makes no sense at all.

Unless, however, the “must buy” clause at the specified strike price is triggered by some performance criterion, which could be anything such as number of appearances, goals scored or even a club performance criterion such making top four and/or winning the EL.

Status
Not open for further replies.