Joao Felix | Signed for Atlético Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Well, I don't fancy the way Bruno Fernandes play. He's got similar style to Gylfi Sigurdsson who's a superior player and I wouldn't even want us to sign Sigurdsson.
Closer to Eriksen than Gylfi. Strange comparison. Better passer, shooter, Goal threat, link up play and vision then gylfi and he will run all game long. I see nothing similar between them. Gylfui would not score 33 goals in Portugal.

Kaglish10

1 game to be fair. A Frankfurt side who was not physical at all and was going full on attack the whole game. Have you seen Felix frame? and his build? He would be bullied.
One game it could be, but it's a start. It shows his ability to lead a line. Frankfurt couldn't even deal with him throughout the match and Frankfurt side are quite physical.

His built isn't different from that of Rashford who's surviving in the Premier League. He's got the striker instinct, movement and linkup play. Even while operating as a SS, his movement and positioning looks like that of a striker. Mbappe was like that too while he was at Monaco.

Kaglish10

Closer to Eriksen than Gylfi. Strange comparison. Better passer, shooter, Goal threat, link up play and vision then gylfi and he will run all game long. I see nothing similar between them. Gylfui would not score 33 goals in Portugal.
Nah. Can't even dictate the play for shit yet you compare him to Eriksen?

Gylfi in the Portuguese league would dominate it all. Did you realise the no of goals Gylfi has got in the EPL this season? Gylfi is all about goal scoring and punting long balls which is what Bruno is about.

SportingCP96

Supports
One game it could be, but it's a start. It shows his ability to lead a line. Frankfurt couldn't even deal with him throughout the match and Frankfurt side are quite physical.

His built isn't different from that of Rashford who's surviving in the Premier League. He's got the striker instinct, movement and linkup play. Even while operating as a SS, his movement and positioning looks like that of a striker. Mbappe was like that too while he was at Monaco.
Spend 120M on him and report back to me in a year. I watch him regularly and he is not EPL ready.

SportingCP96

Supports
Nah. Can't even dictate the play for shit yet you compare him to Eriksen?

Gylfi in the Portuguese league would dominate it all. Did you realise the no of goals Gylfi has got in the EPL this season? Gylfi is all about goal scoring and punting long balls which is what Bruno is about.
Closer to Eriksen in EPL potential is what I meant. He would be a better player in EPL than Gylfi.

Kaglish10

Spend 120M on him and report back to me in a year. I watch him regularly and he is not EPL ready.
He's not worth 120mil though because he's just a potential, not a finished article. 60 mil, rising to 80mil, I wouldn't mind.

SportingCP96

Supports
He's not worth 120mil though because he's just a potential, not a finished article. 60 mil, rising to 80mil, I wouldn't mind.
Much fairer Price. 60M is about right for him right now.

bijitaq

Supports
S. L. Benfica
Bruno is 24. Felix is just 19 so there’s a big difference there.

He’s not Renato Sanches, he’s clearly talented and he might turn into a truly great player but the way their hype has been built up is very similar and it is pretty mindboggling.

The numbers that I read in the media about a possible transfer are insane :lol:

With players like De Ligt and Sancho you’re looking at young players who are already competing and standing out at the top level. Felix hasn’t even played for Portugal, didn’t play in the Champions League... scoring a hattrick vs a 10 men Frankfurt was the only time he stood out.

Right now he’s not even better than Rafa or Seferovic...
This is the worst take I've ever read. Sevefovic is an average footballer, not worthy of cleaning Felix's boots. Rafa is peaking right now, made his best season so far but has nowhere near the talent of Felix. Felix is the biggest talent of our academy since Bernardo, and before that only Rui Costa is worth mentioning. He's the reason we were champions. When Lage took over and changed the formation from a 4-3-3 to a 4-4-2 with Felix playing behind Seferovic the team was completely transformed. He does almost everything right, with a better attacking partner his impact would have beem even greater. Is he worth 120 million right now? Of course not. Not many players are in my opinion. I hope he stays and matures for a couple more seasons. Next year he will be able to play Champions League Footballl and keep evolving at a slower pace. A 120 million price tag at this moment of his carreer might be detrimental to his development.

Mcking

Well, he should be happy about that because I didn't even notice him against Arsenal in the Europa match. In fact, I didn't know there was a player like that until recently.

Anyway, I have judged many players based on their YouTube (mostly on individual touches than compilation) and my instinct have been mostly right about them.
I knew you were completely going off youtube when I saw that post. Obviously youtube is going to mainly show him taking long shots because that is how he managed to score about 30 goals which would be the most relevant thing for any player with such amount of goals.
You big up Joao Felix as some sort of Cruyff regen, but then try to sell Bruno Fernandes as someone that does nothing except shoot. I won't claim to be Tifo or an all knowing superbeing, but statistically, Bruno more than matches Felix, and comprehensively obliterates him in most aspects whilst playing in the same league.

Kaglish10

I knew you were completely going off youtube when I saw that post. Obviously youtube is going to mainly show him taking long shots because that is how he managed to score about 30 goals which would be the most relevant thing for any player with such amount of goals.
You big up Joao Felix as some sort of Cruyff regen, but then try to sell Bruno Fernandes as someone that does nothing except shoot. I won't claim to be Tifo or an all knowing superbeing, but statistically, Bruno more than matches Felix, and comprehensively obliterates him in most aspects whilst playing in the same league.
Well, Bruno is his team's defacto setpieces player hence he was bound to have better stats.

First, both don't dictate play in what I've seen from their YouTube compilation, hence they are no midfielders but attackers.

However while watching their clips, I noticed Felix being mostly manmarked whereas Bruno wasn't. I don't know the reason for that, considering they play in the same league. It could be that opposition teams saw a chance of getting maximum 3 points against Sporting Lisbon hence didn't bother man marking anyone whereas they couldn't afford to do same to Benfica. The few times I saw Bruno being manmarked in the clip, the play was discontinued which means, he couldn't found a way through whereas Felix did multiple times, either through his quick speed of thought, technique or vision. All I see is Bruno dropping back into open space to punt long ball forward or takes long shot. There are few times he runs into the box to finish up his team's move and that's it.

I don't see what he's got to offer us in the midfield with that kind of style whereas I could see Felix operating as a striker for us because he's got everything to be a striker. Apart from his movement and positioning, he's an aerial threat and has got the presence. In fact, in the match he played as a striker against Frankfurt, I would say Frankfurt got back into the game after Seferovic came on and Felix was dropped back into the SS role but while he was deployed as the only striker, Frankfurt couldn't deal with his presence, movement and linkup play. He was a terror throughout until the coach moved him further back later on.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Well, I don't fancy the way Bruno Fernandes play. He's got similar style to Gylfi Sigurdsson who's a superior player and I wouldn't even want us to sign Sigurdsson.
Bruno doesn't play like Sigurdsson at all. They're both midfielders who score a lot and are good set piece takers but they don't play a similar style.

Saying that Felix gets man marked while Bruno doesn't is just completely not even close to being true. Felix played in a team full of offensive threat, if anything he got a lot more space because of it. Bruno was the only above average Sporting player this season and he got targeted in every game we played.

This is the worst take I've ever read. Sevefovic is an average footballer, not worthy of cleaning Felix's boots. Rafa is peaking right now, made his best season so far but has nowhere near the talent of Felix. Felix is the biggest talent of our academy since Bernardo, and before that only Rui Costa is worth mentioning. He's the reason we were champions. When Lage took over and changed the formation from a 4-3-3 to a 4-4-2 with Felix playing behind Seferovic the team was completely transformed. He does almost everything right, with a better attacking partner his impact would have beem even greater. Is he worth 120 million right now? Of course not. Not many players are in my opinion. I hope he stays and matures for a couple more seasons. Next year he will be able to play Champions League Footballl and keep evolving at a slower pace. A 120 million price tag at this moment of his carreer might be detrimental to his development.
Seferovic is the best striker in Portugal and he finished top scorer, he was average when he got here but he's not average at all now. All the things you write about Felix are the things I read about Renato... he's the best talent to come out of Seixal since Bernardo? Bernardo only left 4 years ago. If you mean he's better than Gedson and Renato then I agree.

He wasn't the reason you were champions, the reason you were champions was having the best squad in the league and getting rid of an incompetent manager at the right time. Pizzi, Rafa and Seferovic were all better than him... Felix completely shat the bed in Braga in the game that decided your season, was horrible for the whole match and then the worst VAR decisions ever made happened all in one match. You were never losing this league title.

The fact that the words '120 million' even appear in this thread is honestly beyond me. He's done absolutely nothing to get the praise and publicity he gets. It's baffling. I'd love to watch him play in the Premier League though, he's the only player I've seen that dives more theatrically than Neymar. Don't think he's ever lost the ball without throwing himself to the ground. Would be hilarious to watch it happen without him consistently getting fouls out of it.

Kaglish10

Bruno doesn't play like Sigurdsson at all. They're both midfielders who score a lot and are good set piece takers but they don't play a similar style.

Saying that Felix gets man marked while Bruno doesn't is just completely not even close to being true. Felix played in a team full of offensive threat, if anything he got a lot more space because of it. Bruno was the only above average Sporting player this season and he got targeted in every game we played.

Seferovic is the best striker in Portugal and he finished top scorer, he was average when he got here but he's not average at all now. All the things you write about Felix are the things I read about Renato... he's the best talent to come out of Seixal since Bernardo? Bernardo only left 4 years ago. If you mean he's better than Gedson and Renato then I agree.

He wasn't the reason you were champions, the reason you were champions was having the best squad in the league and getting rid of an incompetent manager at the right time. Pizzi, Rafa and Seferovic were all better than him... Felix completely shat the bed in Braga in the game that decided your season, was horrible for the whole match and then the worst VAR decisions ever made happened all in one match. You were never losing this league title.

The fact that the words '120 million' even appear in this thread is honestly beyond me. He's done absolutely nothing to get the praise and publicity he gets. It's baffling. I'd love to watch him play in the Premier League though, he's the only player I've seen that dives more theatrically than Neymar. Don't think he's ever lost the ball without throwing himself to the ground. Would be hilarious to watch it happen without him consistently getting fouls out of it.
Their compilation clips paints a different story. In fact, Felix was man-marked all through, in his compilation clip whereas Bruno was hardly.

People keep saying he's different from Sigurdsson but what do you know about Sigurdsson? Bruno's compilation would at least show a different player from Sigurdsson if he is actually different but what I saw is a Sigurdsson.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Their compilation clips paints a different story. In fact, Felix was man-marked all through, in his compilation clip whereas Bruno was hardly.

People keep saying he's different from Sigurdsson but what do you know about Sigurdsson? Bruno's compilation would at least show a different player from Sigurdsson if he is actually different but what I saw is a Sigurdsson.
Don't judge players off youtube videos... they play nothing alike. Bruno is a much more energetic player more suited to counterattacking teams, he has a greater passing range and he's better at ball retention. The similarities end at them both being goalscoring midfielders who are good set piece takers.

Kaglish10

Don't judge players off youtube videos... they play nothing alike. Bruno is a much more energetic player more suited to counterattacking teams, he has a greater passing range and he's better at ball retention. The similarities end at them both being goalscoring midfielders who are good set piece takers.
I have judged many on YouTube. Lindelof, Renato Sanches, Fred etc were all players I saw on YouTube and vetoed all of them.

Anyway, Gylfi also plays for a counter attacking team and his long passes and crosses are quite good. He's not a midfielder, just like Fernandes isn't one. Both need space to operate. Their long balls and long shots are their best attributes.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Bruno would break the goal scoring record if he played in Benfica. Benfica has 6 difficult games tops during the year and that helps them prepare those in advance. Be it their own players or opposition and refs.

What happens is that an attacker in Benfica has much more space to operate than in any other team. Jonas was a Valência reject and became their best attacker scoring shitloads of goals every season before injuries. Sceferovic misses sitters every game and is very limited but check his numbers. Bruno would easily score +30 in those circunstances.

Renato Sanches had all the time and space in the world to run the midfield in Benfica. For Bayern and Swansea no and he got total ly exposed. Not saying that Benfica doesnt have good players because they do and Félix is one of them but put there a guy like Mata or Martial (that i really dislike) and they would be hyped the same way right now.

Hattrick against Frankfurt was one time when the Germans were all over the place giving then too much space although one goal was a pen from a dive.

Kaglish10

Bruno would break the goal scoring record if he played in Benfica. Benfica has 6 difficult games tops during the year and that helps them prepare those in advance. Be it their own players or opposition and refs.

What happens is that an attacker in Benfica has much more space to operate than in any other team. Jonas was a Valência reject and became their best attacker scoring shitloads of goals every season before injuries. Sceferovic misses sitters every game and is very limited but check his numbers. Bruno would easily score +30 in those circunstances.

Renato Sanches had all the time and space in the world to run the midfield in Benfica. For Bayern and Swansea no and he got total ly exposed. Not saying that Benfica doesnt have good players because they do and Félix is one of them but put there a guy like Mata or Martial (that i really dislike) and they would be hyped the same way right now.

Hattrick against Frankfurt was one time when the Germans were all over the place giving then too much space although one goal was a pen from a dive.
He wouldn't because he would be man-marked like Felix was. He was hardly manmarked because of the team he plays for. He's bound to have more space with Sporting than Benfica because opposition would prefer to sit back against Benfica than Sporting.

Also, prior to Felix promotion, I learned that Benfica were 7 points behind Porto.

Whichever ways, Felix can operate as a striker whereas Bruno can't and we need one badly.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
He wouldn't because he would be man-marked like Felix was. He was hardly manmarked because of the team he plays for. He's bound to have more space with Sporting than Benfica because opposition would prefer to sit back against Benfica than Sporting.

Also, prior to Felix promotion, I learned that Benfica were 7 points behind Porto.

Whichever ways, Felix can operate as a striker whereas Bruno can't and we need one badly.
Nien. Bruno usually has less space to operante hence you see him drop deep to help the build up, thanks to Sporting having much less attacking resources. Félix doesnt need to as Benfica has good players behind him who can carry the ball and unsettle opposition with runs etc and then free up space for Félix. If you watch the league games you will see a big part of Benfica goals are also comedy gold pieces by opposition defenders who are often ex Benfica players :smirk:

Mcking

Well, Bruno is his team's defacto setpieces player hence he was bound to have better stats.

First, both don't dictate play in what I've seen from their YouTube compilation, hence they are no midfielders but attackers.

However while watching their clips, I noticed Felix being mostly manmarked whereas Bruno wasn't. I don't know the reason for that, considering they play in the same league. It could be that opposition teams saw a chance of getting maximum 3 points against Sporting Lisbon hence didn't bother man marking anyone whereas they couldn't afford to do same to Benfica. The few times I saw Bruno being manmarked in the clip, the play was discontinued which means, he couldn't found a way through whereas Felix did multiple times, either through his quick speed of thought, technique or vision. All I see is Bruno dropping back into open space to punt long ball forward or takes long shot. There are few times he runs into the box to finish up his team's move and that's it.

I don't see what he's got to offer us in the midfield with that kind of style whereas I could see Felix operating as a striker for us because he's got everything to be a striker. Apart from his movement and positioning, he's an aerial threat and has got the presence. In fact, in the match he played as a striker against Frankfurt, I would say Frankfurt got back into the game after Seferovic came on and Felix was dropped back into the SS role but while he was deployed as the only striker, Frankfurt couldn't deal with his presence, movement and linkup play. He was a terror throughout until the coach moved him further back later on.
Even if you exclude set pieces, Bruno still creates twice more chances than Felix, completes far more passes - long and short, similar dribbling and similar passing accuracy, loses the ball less. Not bad compared to the wannabe Cruyff I would say.
Most of the clips of Bruno out there are of him scoring from long range, unlike the ones of Felix which usually show his all-round game. When shooting, there is usually a certain amount of space for any player, so if you spend over ten minutes watching a player taking shots, it would look like he is playing golf. Maybe you shouldn't base all your opinion on youtube clips especially when they aren't showing the same thing. Do you think teams go out to man-mark Felix and just allow supposedly the best player in the league all the time and space in the world? Are you under the impression that Bruno never gets marked because youtube didn't show that? You could easily make a 5-minute compilation of Lingard escaping from tight spaces with the ball. For what it is worth, Bruno is fouled 2.4 times per 90, and Felix, 2.6 times.
You've done well to big up Felix' performance vs Frankfurt, but one thing you tend to ignore is that Frankfurt played 70mins of that game with 10men. I couldn't watch the match but I managed to catch the second leg and Felix was completely anonymous.

Redstar7

Felix is more deep lying forward in benfica 4-4-2 formation while bruno is playing in midfield three in sporting 4-3-3 formation.They are both playing in different position so you can’t compare them.Thats why you see bruno didn’t get marked.

Mcking

If Bruno was 19, I reckon with those stats, he'd be regarded as a generational talent and teams like Madrid and Bayern, would be queuing up to sign him.

bijitaq

Supports
S. L. Benfica

"You won because of VAR"
"He has done nothing"
"He dives more that Neymar"

Very objective and not at all biased opinion there. You're hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
"You won because of VAR"
"He has done nothing"
"He dives more that Neymar"

Very objective and not at all biased opinion there. You're hilarious.
Well, statements number 1 and number 3 are objectively true. What happened in Braga was a disgrace and he's the biggest diver I remember watching.

And I didn't say that second quote... I said he had done nothing to deserve the publicity and hype he's getting. Which is different from saying he's done nothing. He's clearly very talented and a very good prospect. Doesn't mean it wouldn't completely insane if someone payed over 50 million for him right now.

Kaglish10

Even if you exclude set pieces, Bruno still creates twice more chances than Felix, completes far more passes - long and short, similar dribbling and similar passing accuracy, loses the ball less. Not bad compared to the wannabe Cruyff I would say.
Most of the clips of Bruno out there are of him scoring from long range, unlike the ones of Felix which usually show his all-round game. When shooting, there is usually a certain amount of space for any player, so if you spend over ten minutes watching a player taking shots, it would look like he is playing golf. Maybe you shouldn't base all your opinion on youtube clips especially when they aren't showing the same thing. Do you think teams go out to man-mark Felix and just allow supposedly the best player in the league all the time and space in the world? Are you under the impression that Bruno never gets marked because youtube didn't show that? You could easily make a 5-minute compilation of Lingard escaping from tight spaces with the ball. For what it is worth, Bruno is fouled 2.4 times per 90, and Felix, 2.6 times.
You've done well to big up Felix' performance vs Frankfurt, but one thing you tend to ignore is that Frankfurt played 70mins of that game with 10men. I couldn't watch the match but I managed to catch the second leg and Felix was completely anonymous.
First, it was Felix who provoked the send off after making a through pass to his teammate who got fouled by a Frankfurt defender. In fact, he was pressed by a Frankfurt player before making the said throughball. Prior to that, he had created some chances which were missed by his teammates hence it wasn't like he was dormant before Frankfurt got their player sent off. He was a terror before the send off and it was his threat that got Frankfurt's player sent off.. Secondly, Benfica lost their momentum after Seferovic came on and Felix was moved further back despite the fact that they were still playing against 10 men Frankfurt. So what changed? Nothing except for the fact that Felix's role got changed from the striker role to SS. And in the second leg, he was deployed on the wing, which was even worst.

That said, I wasn't talking about their dribbling when I was comparing Felix's capability of escaping press to that of Bruno because both hardly dribble anyway. Both clips showed their best moment leading to a goal, either through a chance created by them or goal scored by them and in all of this, Felix didn't have it easy as Bruno did. He was always man-marked whether he was taking shots or linking up play in the final third whereas Bruno was often left in open space and the bits I saw him marked, the play was cut off.

This isn't saying Bruno wasn't man-marked but it shows that his best moments came when he was allowed the space to operate as seen in his clips whereas Felix constantly found his way out of press. Like I said earlier, Bruno is his team's defacto setpieces taker and has played more games hence he was bound to create more than Felix (Also, the fact that he had no sub appearances which won't eat into his stat on whoscored helps a lot). However, I find Felix's style a lot better as an attacker than Bruno and the fact that he can operate as a striker (which I believe is his best role btw because all his attributes point to that) is the cherry on top.

Last edited:

bijitaq

Supports
S. L. Benfica
Well, statements number 1 and number 3 are objectively true. What happened in Braga was a disgrace and he's the biggest diver I remember watching.

And I didn't say that second quote... I said he had done nothing to deserve the publicity and hype he's getting. Which is different from saying he's done nothing. He's clearly very talented and a very good prospect. Doesn't mean it wouldn't completely insane if someone payed over 50 million for him right now.
You should watch more games then buddy.

Kaglish10

Nien. Bruno usually has less space to operante hence you see him drop deep to help the build up, thanks to Sporting having much less attacking resources. Félix doesnt need to as Benfica has good players behind him who can carry the ball and unsettle opposition with runs etc and then free up space for Félix. If you watch the league games you will see a big part of Benfica goals are also comedy gold pieces by opposition defenders who are often ex Benfica players :smirk:
He doesn't really build up play per say, his style is to punt it long or runs forward with the ball and then take a long shot, only to rinse and repeat. Felix also drops deep too. I really don't know how I can explain this but I find Felix better than Bruno. That's my opinion.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
He doesn't really build up play per say, his style is to punt it long or runs forward with the ball and then take a long shot, only to rinse and repeat. Felix also drops deep too. I really don't know how I can explain this but I find Felix better than Bruno. That's my opinion.
And that's perfectly valid. Felix is certainly easier on the eye and a much more elegant player. One of Bruno's main defect is precisely that he doesn't have that finesse and is quite prone to falling down. Still, i mantain my opinion that Felix's qualities are very much suited to his current circunstances and i have my doubts he will justify the bids that have been flying around the news in a much more physical league and in a not ideal tactical setup.

I also have to question the principle of signing young southern european talent for a club like Manchester United. If they succeed they will sooner or later move to a Spanish giants whilst if you go for a British talent the chances are he will fit in better and perhaps not have a move to barca or Madrid in his eyes. But that's another talk. Personally if i was in charge of United I'd be looking how the natural talent of Greenwood or Chong compares to Felix because they are at the club and could be the same sort of player.

Mark Pawelek

i maintain my opinion that Felix's qualities are very much suited to his current circumstances and i have my doubts he will justify the bids that have been flying around the news in a much more physical league and in a not ideal tactical setup.
Yes. Felix's best qualities would be wasted at United. It would be like paying £100m to replace Mata; and get similar results.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Yes. Felix's best qualities would be wasted at United. It would be like paying £100m to replace Mata; and get similar results.
He's still be a big upgrade on Lingard but you have to question what are your priorities and how much that impacts the overall budget.

Smashin

Supports
Sporting CP
I have to admit he's the first youngster from Benfica i admire in a while.
He has alot of potential and his weaknesses can be worked on, such as his light build or his prowess to throw himself at the ground.

However there's alot of delusion in here, he's not suitable or ready at all (not sure if he will ever be anyway) to be the man up front on a team, not even in the Portuguese league let alone the PL.
And 6 months ago if anyone offered the usual 15M€ he would've been sold, so it's mind boggling believing he's worth 100M€ or whatnot.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Watched him only once.... seems a bit lightweight to me:nervous:

Kaglish10

I have to admit he's the first youngster from Benfica i admire in a while.
He has alot of potential and his weaknesses can be worked on, such as his light build or his prowess to throw himself at the ground.

However there's alot of delusion in here, he's not suitable or ready at all (not sure if he will ever be anyway) to be the man up front on a team, not even in the Portuguese league let alone the PL.
And 6 months ago if anyone offered the usual 15M€ he would've been sold, so it's mind boggling believing he's worth 100M€ or whatnot.
He's hardly played as a striker, so how did you know he won't be able to? He's got the same build as Rashford and Greenwood who didn't look out of place in the front role. Heck, his best performance came in the striker role against Frankfurt.

Smashin

Supports
Sporting CP
He's hardly played as a striker, so how did you know he won't be able to? He's got the same build as Rashford and Greenwood who didn't look out of place in the front role. Heck, his best performance came in the striker role against Frankfurt.
1,85M/ 76-80Kg and 1,80M/70-73Kg (Hard to tell exactly since there's different sources)

He does not have the same build as Rashford at all. Just look at them, Rashford is ripped and Felix looks like a typical guy of his age.

That game keeps getting mentioned alot, which is understandable considering it was his best game on his short career, however a game vs a team playing with 10man for 70mins shouldnt be used as a standard or an example.
He's hardly played as a striker because it's obvious it's not the best option for him. It's a waste putting him up front battling, hopelessly, against CB's. Much better to have a partner clearing for him so he can roam freely.

Kaglish10

1,85M/ 76-80Kg and 1,80M/70-73Kg (Hard to tell exactly since there's different sources)

He does not have the same build as Rashford at all. Just look at them, Rashford is ripped and Felix looks like a typical guy of his age.

That game keeps getting mentioned alot, which is understandable considering it was his best game on his short career, however a game vs a team playing with 10man for 70mins shouldnt be used as a standard or an example.
He's hardly played as a striker because it's obvious it's not the best option for him. It's a waste putting him up front battling, hopelessly, against CB's. Much better to have a partner clearing for him so he can roam freely.
He didn't have it easy in the game. He was marked all through regardless of 10men or not. In fact, when he was moved further back, it was worse because Frankfurt players were able to mark him out easily in the midfield while Seferovic couldn't provide the presence nor the threat upfront like Felix did earlier.

Rashford is lightweight like Felix. In fact, I have often seen Felix going physical in aerial duel whereas Rashford often chickened out of such duel except in open space.

Mcking

He didn't have it easy in the game. He was marked all through regardless of 10men or not. In fact, when he was moved further back, it was worse because Frankfurt players were able to mark him out easily in the midfield while Seferovic couldn't provide the presence nor the threat upfront like Felix did earlier.

Rashford is lightweight like Felix. In fact, I have often seen Felix going physical in aerial duel whereas Rashford often chickened out of such duel except in open space.
You keep mentioning the Frankfurt tie, probably the only game you've watched him play? He won't be playing against Frankfurt with the same script every week.

Kaglish10

You keep mentioning the Frankfurt tie, probably the only game you've watched him play? He won't be playing against Frankfurt with the same script every week.
I saw the second leg also too to be fair :lol:

Of course, he won't be playing with the same script against every opposition but if we could bring in more quality players to support him, he would do alright. After all, he was the only Benfica's player who looked class apart from the rest against Frankfurt. Now, imagine he's got better support?

BrianLy

Portugal seem to have had a limited number of good strikers/forwards come through in the last decade, or so. Ronaldo blossomed into someone who is much more than a winger. Is Joao Felix the guy that Portuguese fans in general will think will be their next big forward, or do fans generally feel he'll just be a tad better decent?

SportingCP96

Supports
Portugal seem to have had a limited number of good strikers/forwards come through in the last decade, or so. Ronaldo blossomed into someone who is much more than a winger. Is Joao Felix the guy that Portuguese fans in general will think will be their next big forward, or do fans generally feel he'll just be a tad better decent?
He isn't a forward and I doubt he will get anywhere near the top 3 scorers of all time for Portugal. He is one of our next bug talents but he has no where near the hype or ability a Ronaldo or quaresma at the time did. If he could have the same impact Nani did for Portugal that alone will be great. I dont see him as the answer to our goal scoring problems at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.