Joao Felix | Signed for Atlético Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
He is overrated as feck, and is big mistake for any club to buy him. For a complete footballer, who has performed at the highest level, Bruno Fernandes is the only player in Portugal worth the risk of spending big.
Bruno is 24. Felix is just 19 so there’s a big difference there.

He’s not Renato Sanches, he’s clearly talented and he might turn into a truly great player but the way their hype has been built up is very similar and it is pretty mindboggling.

The numbers that I read in the media about a possible transfer are insane :lol:

With players like De Ligt and Sancho you’re looking at young players who are already competing and standing out at the top level. Felix hasn’t even played for Portugal, didn’t play in the Champions League... scoring a hattrick vs a 10 men Frankfurt was the only time he stood out.

Right now he’s not even better than Rafa or Seferovic...

Womp

idiot
Just get him, if he becomes even half the player his potential warrants, 120m will look a steal. It's usually a sure sign when a player as young as himself has the ability as well as the intelligence.

Unproven, yes, but we run the risk of his price doubling and having to fight off other suitors if he gets that experience.

Fer

If we are going to spend in an attacker, would you prefer Felix over Griezmann or Jovic?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Why taking a risk & spend 120m on this guy when we already have our own Mason Greenwood.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
They're different players. And even if they were the same, it wouldn't hurt to have those two up top feeding each other.
I never say they are the same type of player. But he’s just a teenager who is Benfica & Lisbons fans in here think he’s overrated player & not ready. People are so into it willing to spend 120m on raw players like this guy, I would rather concentrate on developing Greenwood who has the potential to reach the level of what people are expecting on Felix.

Just like what some folks above say, the only player right now who is worth a risk for buying in Portugal is Bruno Fernandes, 24 years old not just some teenager.

Devil may care

Felix looks the premiere talent in Portugal to me and very different to anybody we have in our squad, offering a level of technique and guile none of our forwards have.

Scholsey2004

I hardly know anything about Felix but the prices quoted frightens me somewhat, would be ok if initial price was lower but had increments for success but I have to think I would rather spend less of something which would be a bit more of a sure thing. I know if he turns out to be up there with the best it will seem cheap in hindsight, but I have got to be thinking why are Real, Barca and Citeh not sniffing around him more if he is going to be all that.

EDIT: just watched a couple of YT vids on him, and not blown away TBH, considering how good YT makes players look, (Rashford's make him look ballon d'or, not knocking Rashy just he ain't ballon d'or (yet)). However I thought he was a striker, but he is listed as midfielder, if he is midfielder then I am more inclined to be in the pro camp.
He's an attacking midfielder/forward. He's certainly not a conventional midfielder. IMO you're right. If they are genuinely wanting £100m+ then that's a massive punt on a player who could just as easily be a Nani as a Ronaldo.

MJJ

He's an attacking midfielder/forward. He's certainly not a conventional midfielder. IMO you're right. If they are genuinely wanting £100m+ then that's a massive punt on a player who could just as easily be a Nani as a Ronaldo.
Prime nani on the right wing would transform our attack and be easily worth 100m in today's prices.

Womp

idiot
I would pay 100m for Nani in today's market. Was two footed, could win games on his own, had a lethal shot and cross on him and when played on the right was one of the best players in the prem.

oreon

He looks a lot more skilled than Nani. The impressive thing about him is his technical skill, movement and finishing are so advanced for someone so young. He could be ballon d'or candidate in a couple years. He looks special. His price tag is a risk, but I'd take.
There is a compromise where his feelings could be structured with an initial fee and multiple addons based on his performance, like we did with Martial.

Silas

He looks a lot more skilled than Nani. The impressive thing about him is his technical skill, movement and finishing are so advanced for someone so young. He could be ballon d'or candidate in a couple years. He looks special. His price tag is a risk, but I'd take.
There is a compromise where his feelings could be structured with an initial fee and multiple addons based on his performance, like we did with Martial.
Nowhere near dribbling-wise.

SaboTaj

Watched him live in the match against Frankfurt, where he scored the hattrick. His movement was a thing of beauty; reminded me so much of Kaka that night.

I honestly think there is no doubt that he’ll turn out to be a world class player in the future.

TJSF

Supports
Benfica
Bruno is 24. Felix is just 19 so there’s a big difference there.

He’s not Renato Sanches, he’s clearly talented and he might turn into a truly great player but the way their hype has been built up is very similar and it is pretty mindboggling.

The numbers that I read in the media about a possible transfer are insane :lol:

With players like De Ligt and Sancho you’re looking at young players who are already competing and standing out at the top level. Felix hasn’t even played for Portugal, didn’t play in the Champions League... scoring a hattrick vs a 10 men Frankfurt was the only time he stood out.

Right now he’s not even better than Rafa or Seferovic...
I'm not arguing. Félix just stay at Benfica atleast for another 4 years, if not more. Hope the same mistake as Renato is avoid. 7 months in the starting 11 and he's shipped off. I think since Ronaldo era is coming to an end, people start searching for a successor, which is stupid. Felix is not even that great, disappears from game a lot.
Bruno Fernandes is the player to buy in Portugal right now, not only he scores a lot, he assists too. The most complete player in the Liga NOS.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’d be massively shocked if anyone spends 120m on him. Benfica are dodgy salesmen always trying to rip someone off for their latest ‘superstar’. He’s done nothing to suggest he’d be in the top 5 most expensive players in the world.

In Rainbows

I’d be massively shocked if anyone spends 120m on him. Benfica are dodgy salesmen always trying to rip someone off for their latest ‘superstar’. He’s done nothing to suggest he’d be in the top 5 most expensive players in the world.
Think 70-80mil would be appropriate. Just look at how much Real spent for Vinicius (43mil).

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Think 70-80mil would be appropriate. Just look at how much Real spent for Vinicius (43mil).
Would need to include add-ons even at that price for me. 60m rising to 80/90m I think is fair.

There’s also the fact that he plays in a role that practically nobody really uses at the moment. That puts extra pressure on him being particularly special to warrant not just any side, but a very top side adapting the way they play to suit him.

hobbers

Same as AWB really, his supposed fee inflated at least double what his potential warrants right now.

Fernandes is the one player to sign out of Portugal this summer.

flappyjay

I never say they are the same type of player. But he’s just a teenager who is Benfica & Lisbons fans in here think he’s overrated player & not ready. People are so into it willing to spend 120m on raw players like this guy, I would rather concentrate on developing Greenwood who has the potential to reach the level of what people are expecting on Felix.

Just like what some folks above say, the only player right now who is worth a risk for buying in Portugal is Bruno Fernandes, 24 years old not just some teenager.
The wanna be scouts of red Cafe. People who watch him regularly talk about this guy not being worth anything more 60m yet people who mostly see the YouTube compilations think we should be spunking 120m on him

Kaglish10

The wanna be scouts of red Cafe. People who watch him regularly talk about this guy not being worth anything more 60m yet people who mostly see the YouTube compilations think we should be spunking 120m on him
He's better than Bruno Fernandes. First, he's shown he can play as a lead striker and we need one badly. Also, his movement, positioning, linkup play and speed of thought are better than Fernandes.

If you watched all of Felix clip, you would notice him being manmarked by the opposition yet he found ways through the press whereas Bruno was often found in open free space. All I see from Bruno Fernandes is a player who contributes little in the linkup play in the final third but drops back to find space from where he punts hopeful long ball forward or takes shot. I don't even know what he is exactly because he doesn't look like a midfielder nor a no 10 but the player he reminds me of, is Gylfi Sigurdsson.

Mark Pawelek

Players like Felix know their success depends on players around them. He does a lot of quick one-twos, and one-two-threes. When you have Lukaku leading your line, what's the chance of move like those in the videos working? That's why all the tiki-taka players go to the same clubs. You don't overnight turn yourself into a tiki-taka club by buying one or two players like that. You need 25 of them. Because as soon as a move breaks down you've lost possession, and conceded a dangerous free kick or a goal.

In plain English, all the players who can't do this must leave before you buy those who can.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Hugely overrated. Such a big gap between what he's done and the prices he's being bandied about for.

Mcking

He's better than Bruno Fernandes. First, he's shown he can play as a lead striker and we need one badly. Also, his movement, positioning, linkup play and speed of thought are better than Fernandes.

If you watched all of Felix clip, you would notice him being manmarked by the opposition yet he found ways through the press whereas Bruno was often found in open free space. All I see from Bruno Fernandes is a player who contributes little in the linkup play in the final third but drops back to find space from where he punts hopeful long ball forward or takes shot. I don't even know what he is exactly because he doesn't look like a midfielder nor a no 10 but the player he reminds me of, is Gylfi Sigurdsson.
On Youtube?

Kaglish10

On Youtube?
Well, he should be happy about that because I didn't even notice him against Arsenal in the Europa match. In fact, I didn't know there was a player like that until recently.

Anyway, I have judged many players based on their YouTube (mostly on individual touches than compilation) and my instinct have been mostly right about them.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP

This is so wrong in so many different ways :lol:

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
You would bite an arm and a leg off for a Nani. Prime Nani had more talent an ability than 95% of the whole current United squad put together.

SportingCP96

Supports

Oh jeez....

Wont even comment on the Bruno part because you have not seen him play clearly.

As for Felix if you go with him as your lead striker in the EPL I can guarantee you will be royally fecked. He is best in behind a legit striker which he is not. Felix is still young and he has that over Fernandes. Can he be better? he has the potential thats for sure but right now no he is not.

SportingCP96

Supports
Hugely overrated. Such a big gap between what he's done and the prices he's being bandied about for.
Ronaldo was bought for 100M if Felix is sold for higher that is absurd. Absolutely no player in the Portuguese league should be sold for 120M. He is no where near worth that.

Kaglish10

Oh jeez....

Wont even comment on the Bruno part because you have not seen him play clearly.

As for Felix if you go with him as your lead striker in the EPL I can guarantee you will be royally fecked. He is best in behind a legit striker which he is not. Felix is still young and he has that over Fernandes. Can he be better? he has the potential thats for sure but right now no he is not.
He really fecked Frankfurt so well as a striker against them.

SportingCP96

Supports
Thats exactly how they work. granted its smart....they sell off of hype and there name inflates the price of the player because of their control in the media. If Felix played for Sporting 50M would be the price they talked about. The kid has talent no doubt as a rival fan I have no problem saying that but Jesus the overhype is real right now. He has played a little under a full season of first team football (sound familiar?) in the best team in the league. He is not ready for the EPL and if United dished out 120M on him he would be eaten alive in the Prem next season.

Being honest and objectives say United signed him....how many goals and assist do you think he would get. 6 goals 5 assists? does that warrant 120M! when that money could of been used to buy 3 or 4 players to better the squad elsewhere ....I don't think so.

Kaglish10

This is so wrong in so many different ways :lol:
Well, I don't fancy the way Bruno Fernandes play. He's got similar style to Gylfi Sigurdsson who's a superior player and I wouldn't even want us to sign Sigurdsson.

SportingCP96

Supports
He really fecked Frankfurt so well as a striker.
1 game to be fair. A Frankfurt side who was not physical at all and was going full on attack the whole game. Have you seen Felix frame? and his build? He would be bullied.

Status
Not open for further replies.