Joao Felix | Signed for Atlético Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything

Really like the look of him. The movement in the box and the finishing is outstanding for his age. 15 league goals in 25 or so league appearances too. Think he's going to turn into one of the best strikers in the world bar any character or injury issues.
Seems a fantastic talent. You're right, the only thing which could hamper him being the best is injuries and attitude. I can see an auction developing for the kid.

AgentP

We need to pay up quickly and get this deal done. He looks like a generational talent to me.

Kemizee

This guy is the real deal. He is amazing. Plays like a midfielder as well as a striker. I cannot just see him failing. His movement, close control, half turns, finishing are super impressive.

Looks like David Silva but with the finishing nous. He is the kind of player we miss out on and a couple of years down the line, some will ask; why didn't we buy him when he was at Benfica?

Really hope Woodward and Ole can pull this off even circa €120mill. He will be worth it.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Get him now or lose out to other clubs sooner rather than later.

In Rainbows

He played against our youth team in the uefa youth league 2 years ago. Thought he was impressive then as well. Though, at the time I also mistook he and Joao Felipe.

arthurka

No one is paying 150m for him thats Mbappe money. Of course Benfica are setting out feelers to find out where the price might be. But I would rather pay 100m for him than Ronaldo.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
AS a Benfica fan and portuguese, I can say that Félix will be sold by 50/60M € plus future clauses similar to Sanches.
Despite Félix being a NBT, the portuguese league cannot value the players that much, even though the general quality of our league players is quite decent as you can check by the Wolves team :p

Any club that offers above 60M€ will be immediately accepted, that's for sure.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Mbappe money? Double that figure these days!
Nah, I think for now the market has hit a limit... it's got to a point where even the big boys are saying we're just not paying that. Can't see players going for more than £200m max.

Scott Buttery

Nah, I think for now the market has hit a limit... it's got to a point where even the big boys are saying we're just not paying that. Can't see players going for more than £200m max.
I honestly believe that if Mbappe left PSG the fee could surpass it. With massively increased marketing income playing a bigger part in the fee nowaday. Ronaldo wasn't a 100 million player last year but his power of generating income sets the fee

Kaglish10

AS a Benfica fan and portuguese, I can say that Félix will be sold by 50/60M € plus future clauses similar to Sanches.
Despite Félix being a NBT, the portuguese league cannot value the players that much, even though the general quality of our league players is quite decent as you can check by the Wolves team :p

Ferro shouldn't be more than 30 mil then. I wish we can snap up both for 90 mil at most. Ferro is my fall back if we don't get de Ligt. If we bring in an experienced central defender to play alongside him, he will be good. Let for me, I wouldn't want us to wait until his situation becomes another de Ligt.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Ferro shouldn't be more than 30 mil then. I wish we can snap up both for 90 mil at most. Ferro is my fall back if we don't get de Ligt. If we bring in an experienced central defender to play alongside him, he will be good. Let for me, I wouldn't want us to wait until his situation becomes another de Ligt.
The only way we get a skyrocket value is if clubs enter into a bid war and things get out of control. But usually the big sharks only do that with proven players, Félix is still a raw potential type of player.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner

If this is anywhere close to being true then it's a no brainer. 60m literally buys you a good centre back these days, a potential ballon dor level talent shouldn't require much thought. If he doesn't work out you will get at 30m back, i'd argue the risk is even low.

JoaquinJoaquin

Wish people in this thread would stop saying he is a striker, he isn't for god sake. Would you label Kaka a striker?

JoaquinJoaquin

Just watched his YouTube compilation and I have to say He looks outstanding.

Anyone actually seen him irl?

Hopefully we are all over him
Yes, and he isn't a striker contrary to what some posters would have you believe in this thread.

For me he is the most exciting #10 I have seen in some years, he potentially has it all on his locker.

Sanche7

If this is anywhere close to being true then it's a no brainer. 60m literally buys you a good centre back these days, a potential ballon dor level talent shouldn't require much thought. If he doesn't work out you will get at 30m back, i'd argue the risk is even low.
Felix and De Ligt for 70 million Euros each will be a bargain IMO

hungrywing

Hope you're right and hope we get him. He looks like a fantastic #10 as Joaquin said.

On the flipside of that, it'll get ugly here for a while if he moves for that price to another club.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Dont think his style suits the PL personally. Can see him move to Juve or one of Spanish giants. He's be the ideal replacement for Griezman. Very similar players.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Let's buy him, at least we can promise him first team football as we need creative players

luke511

Dont think his style suits the PL personally. Can see him move to Juve or one of Spanish giants. He's be the ideal replacement for Griezman. Very similar players.
He'd fit in at City or Liverpool, therefore his style would in the correct set up.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
He'd fit in at City or Liverpool, therefore his style would in the correct set up.
Where Exactly? Both City and Pool play with one man forward and harworking and pacey wingers. None deploy a wandering 10.

Placing Félix on the wing would make him ordinary as he has no outstanding dribbling or speed. He's pretty much a less polished and accomplished Griezman and thats why he works much better in a 442 or in a system he doesnt have to track back or cover the flanks.

luke511

Where Exactly? Both City and Pool play with one man forward and harworking and pacy wingers. None deploy a wandering 10.

Placing Félix on the wing would make him ordinary as he has no outstanding dribbling or speed. He's pretty much a less polished and accomplished Griezman and thats why he works much better in a 442 or in a system he doesnt have to track back or cover the flanks.
He'd play exactly the same role of Firmino as a false 9 at Liverpool, the same goes for Man City. When you're that technically good and you are surrounded by hardworking technically gifted players it works no matter what league you're playing in.

In Rainbows

Not sure what this means. PL is already influenced by many styles. From Klopp to Pep.

Fer

Our fans sound like such a bunch of fannies these days. Just sayin’ like.
It seems that Pep could sell Sane to Bayern to sign Felix. If that's true, we have to be realistic and consider that it won't be easy to sign Felix. The same scenario with De Ligt, we can be positive about buying him, but maybe he would prefer Barcelona over us.

It would be great to sign the likes of De Ligt, Sancho, Havertz, Félix, Jovic, etc... But we need to be realistic. We would be lucky if we end up with one of them.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
He'd play exactly the same role of Firmino as a false 9 at Liverpool, the same goes for Man City. When you're that technically good and you are surrounded by hardworking technically gifted players it works no matter what league you're playing in.
It's True there's always space for a good player in any tactical system but imo he wouldn't express his maximum potential in any of those teams. A false 9 such as Firmino has to be comfortable as a focal point. Sure Félix hás good technique and first touch but he'd need more physical presence and his strength shines when there's space vacated by a striker. Benfica deploys a more hard working forward who attacks the space and keep the opposition defence busy.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's a number 10 that's pretty clear.

If we did buy him he'd play behind Rashford with Pogba + a CDM next to him.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
I don't even think he's that good but since he's a benfica player and mendes client they are baiting the clubs with the usual Real, United, City, etc, wants him. Bruno Fernandes was better than him but because he's from Sporting he will be sold for peanuts to a middle table team.

luke511

It's True there's always space for a good player in any tactical system but imo he wouldn't express his maximum potential in any of those teams. A false 9 such as Firmino has to be comfortable as a focal point. Sure Félix hás good technique and first touch but he'd need more physical presence and his strength shines when there's space vacated by a striker. Benfica deploys a more hard working forward who attacks the space and keep the opposition defence busy.
In the system Liverpool play, the wide forwards do exactly that though. You're right that it's a different system therefore it might not work as well for him, but I do think he's capable of playing just as well as a false 9 as he does as a Second CF for Benfica.

Andersons Dietician

Really like the look of him. The movement in the box and the finishing is outstanding for his age. 15 league goals in 25 or so league appearances too. Think he's going to turn into one of the best strikers in the world bar any character or injury issues.
I just watched this on YouTube and was away to post it. It’s a good video and I have to agree some of the anticipation, understanding or movement to get on the ball from that was brilliant.

I liked how he seems to make decisions and see people instantly and better yet is willing to slip the ball through to people in better positions. I just however don’t really see where he fits currently and would think Sancho might be a better fit for us currently but if we could get either then I’ll throw a party.

Aloysius's Back 3

I just watched this on YouTube and was away to post it. It’s a good video and I have to agree some of the anticipation, understanding or movement to get on the ball from that was brilliant.

I liked how he seems to make decisions and see people instantly and better yet is willing to slip the ball through to people in better positions. I just however don’t really see where he fits currently and would think Sancho might be a better fit for us currently but if we could get either then I’ll throw a party.
The way Barcelona played -

David Villa - Messi - Pedro

Rashford - Felix - Greenwood

Martial competes (starts) for the central spot and the LF spot. Sancho comes and competes (starts) either centrally or the right.

Only going to work if we get rid of Sanchez & Lukaku and even Mata & pereira.

Too good to be true though :( that's 5 players competing for 3 straight up spots with also the ability to play as traditional CAM for alot of them as well. In an injury tenure even angel Gomes can cover those spots as well as Lingard who should be playing deeper anyway.

See if we play with a diamond formation - the central attacker can join the attack like a false 9 interlinking the inverted forwards whilst the central defensive Midfielder (rice) joins the defense as a false CB. This turns the attack from a front 2 to a front 3 and turns the back 2 in to a back 3 - allowing the wingbacks to go forward too.

Last edited:

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
The way Barcelona played -

David Villa - Messi - Pedro

Rashford - Felix - Greenwood

Martial competes (starts) for the central spot and the LF spot. Sancho comes and competes (starts) either centrally or the right.

Only going to work if we get rid of Sanchez & Lukaku and even Mata & pereira.

Too good to be true though :( that's 5 players competing for 3 straight up spots with also the ability to play as traditional CAM for alot of them as well. In an injury tenure even angel Gomes can cover those spots as well as Lingard who should be playing deeper anyway.

See if we play with a diamond formation - the central attacker can join the attack like a false 9 interlinking the inverted forwards whilst the central defensive Midfielder (rice) joins the defense as a false CB. This turns the attack from a front 2 to a front 3 and turns the back 2 in to a back 3 - allowing the wingbacks to go forward too.
There's a reason Villa and Pedro worked in that system because they didnt mind being second fiddle to Messi and they worked Hard defensively too. Besides Messi could dribble his way out of marking and create space.

To make use of Félix you would need someone else to create space for him só if you sign him I'd keep Lukaku and Rashford both could do that very well actually. But then you'd need a disciplined midfield behind them, wingers included so i don't think a right winger like Sancho would work well. It's all hypothetical though.

A 433 with a fluid front 3 with Feliz, Sancho and Rashford sounds great in theory but in reality they would be on their own against a full defensive line and midfield which means the team would need to apply a slow tempo in attacking transitions which, in turn, would allow opposition to organize themselves deep in their box and easily take care of crosses if there isn't at least one pure and physical striker to get the ball.

Aloysius's Back 3

There's a reason Villa and Pedro worked in that system because they didnt mind being second fiddle to Messi and they worked Hard defensively too. Besides Messi could dribble his way out of making and create space.

To make use of Félix you would need someone else to create space for him só if you sign him I'd keep Lukaku and Rashford both could do that very well actually. But then you'd need a disciplined midfield behind them, wingers included so i don't think a right winger like Sancho would work well. It's all hypothetical though.

A 433 with a fluid front 3 with Feliz, Sancho and Rashford sounds great in theory but in reality they would be on their own against a full defensive line and midfield which means the team would need to apply a slow tempo in attacking ttansitions which, in turn, would allow opposition to organize themselves deep in their box and easily take care of crosses if there isn't at least one pure and physical striker to get the ball.
I wouldn't play them in a 433 though - I'd play them in a 2-1-4-1-2 where the 2 central strikers start centrally and drift wide to create central space for the CAM to join the attack. Likewise the CB drift wide and let the CDM drop in to defence to create a back 3 to be ready for the opposition counter attack.

I saw this happening in our best game under Ole - his first game vs Cardiff where martial found himself in central spots with space that was created by Rashford & Lingard making wider runs having started centrally. I want to see that continue.

Again - its just too good to be true though.

The thing that impressed me most about felix is though that even as a CAM/F9 - he has a really good heading ability almost like a centralised striker would. He seems to some degree time his runs well & even if he doesn't - he can interlink the strikers that now find themselves in a wider spot.

Last edited:

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
What exactly is his release clause?

I've read 89m, 105m, 150m...

Status
Not open for further replies.