Joao Felix

lex talionis

Felizx would be a very decent squad man for us, but given his probable view of himself there's no chance he would come to United to be a squad man.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I think he cleared showed glimpses of what he is capable of at Chelsea. Had some nice games and showed that their is quality their to be unlocked.

I feel like the kid has been put in some awful football situation and he is also partly to blame.

Neither Atletico or Chelsea have played him in his best position and while at atlético the problem was he was playing for a very pragmatic coach, at Chelsea he was playing for a dumpster fire of a club.

ETH plays the type of football Felix coukd express himself in and I would not be surprised if he got the best out of him.

It is very clear Felix has a lot of football ability in his feet.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I think this was a wrong move by Pochettino. Felix wasn't played in his best position at Chelsea and even under bad management and toxic atmosphere, he still showed his class.

However, I understand why poch would say no because he was forced nkunku on him and his team requires a lot of work ethic of-ball. Nkunku plays a role similar to felix and I don't see how both can fit in the same team especially when chelsea are trying to trim their squad.

Felix would have done well behind the striker with a player like oshimen, kane or vlahovic in front of him. And two double pivot behind him like ugarte/kante and Enzo.

Nkunku may turn out to be a much better player in that role, so it may turn out a brilliant move. However, what is chelsea lost, could be a united gain. I would welcome Felix at United. He can play as a false 9 and we can have a very dynamic front 4 or 3 in our front line. Chelsea has let go of many great player before and I wouldn't be surprised if Felix joins that list

Pickle85

I think this was a wrong move by Pochettino. Felix wasn't played in his best position at Chelsea and even under bad management and toxic atmosphere, he still showed his class.

However, I understand why poch would say no because he was forced nkunku on him and his team requires a lot of work ethic of-ball. Nkunku plays a role similar to felix and I don't see how both can fit in the same team especially when chelsea are trying to trim their squad.

Felix would have done well behind the striker with a player like oshimen, kane or vlahovic in front of him. And two double pivot behind him like ugarte/kante and Enzo.

Nkunku may turn out to be a much better player in that role, so it may turn out a brilliant move. However, what is chelsea lost, could be a united gain. I would welcome Felix at United. He can play as a false 9 and we can have a very dynamic front 4 or 3 in our front line. Chelsea has let go of many great player before and I wouldn't be surprised if Felix joins that list
Even Homer nods mate, don't take it too hard.

Von Mistelroum

Actually think he's top class and probably would improve us even if he was to replace Bruno. He just needs consistent games and he'll do great things as a second striker/AM.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
If Atlético maintain the same demands, it’s very hard to think of clubs that are realistic destinations, even on loan if they’re paying a huge fee and covering his full wages. PSG for one, but I’m not sure he is a Campos signing.

jamesjimmybyrondean

If Atlético maintain the same demands, it’s very hard to think of clubs that are realistic destinations, even on loan if they’re paying a huge fee and covering his full wages. PSG for one, but I’m not sure he is a Campos signing.
PSG would be good for him especially if they are still playing two strikers next season

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah, a full season loan for Felix would probably cost somewhere north of £30M overall counting loan fee and wages.

He's a talented player for sure and there's every chance he'd look much more consistent playing for a team like United or Arsenal but then again it's also very possible he wouldn't. Considering what Atletico are demanding for him, whether another loan or a permanent deal, it's a lot of coin for a player who's by no means a certain success.

Kostov

I'd have him here for a reasonable transfer fee and wages. He is obviously very talented and would provide a different option up front.

Red_Aaron

He's a great talent, good enough to play for anyone but the finances around him at such a young age could very well curtail his whole career

He needs to play and he needs to develop but there's only a handful of clubs who can afford him and most of those won't grant him any time or patience.

Likewise Athleti are hamstrung in their options to move him on, if they can't get a buyer they'll have to extend in order to protect the investment - throwing good money after bad. His best bet is probably a change of manager there who will utilise him better

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I think he cleared showed glimpses of what he is capable of at Chelsea. Had some nice games and showed that their is quality their to be unlocked.

I feel like the kid has been put in some awful football situation and he is also partly to blame.

Neither Atletico or Chelsea have played him in his best position and while at atlético the problem was he was playing for a very pragmatic coach, at Chelsea he was playing for a dumpster fire of a club.

ETH plays the type of football Felix coukd express himself in and I would not be surprised if he got the best out of him.

It is very clear Felix has a lot of football ability in his feet.
Arsenal would be the best fit for him out of all the major clubs imo but got Trossard instead in January. Don't see how he could be effective at Man. United with Bruno Fernandes drifting into similar areas of space, does it work that well for Portugal when both start?

talking robot

We should offer Athletico a one year swap loan deal with Greenwood for Felix. Would suit both parties, and quality is similar.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
They didn't keep him because he couldn't pronounce EA Sports properly which ruined their sponsorship with EA

Ruining sponsorships is a sackable offense. Although I get it, to some he is the new, fresher version of bobby no goal.

Last edited:

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
He's never scored more than 10 goals total in a season outside of Portugal. The initial transfer to Atletico was ridiculous and it's likely harmed his development. He should go back to Portugal again, hopefully not too late to realize his potential but it probably is.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
If I remember rightly he created one big chance in half a season which was in the opening minutes of his debut. For context Lewis Hall did more Vs United alone.

He's not been good enough even accounting for Chelsea 22/23 tax.

Lecland07

I just think he is pretty decent. It isn't about the team or manager, he just isn't anywhere near as good as he was built up to be. He has some skill etc. but I think he is actually a Zaha-level player, really. Will be good for a team lower down the table, but the top end is just too much for him.

Atletico massively overpaid for him; it was a mad price based on half a season.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Actually think he's top class and probably would improve us even if he was to replace Bruno. He just needs consistent games and he'll do great things as a second striker/AM.
Felix is better than Bruno now. Sometimes I think I'm watching a different sport to some.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Impressive how out of touch he is with his actual performances.

SportingCP96

Supports
Another over hyped Benfica product as most are.

I won’t even say he is not talented because I honestly think he is but Benficas ability to make clubs play stupid money for people that are not worth it is remarkable.

With that being said the kid needs to hit the restart button. Return to Benfica would do a world of good for him!

Swedish_Plumber

Probably needs to move to a team that plays positive football or isn’t in complete disarray. He’s definitely got a lot about him.

lex talionis

I'm going to say no to Felix as well. He's a good footballer who would add depth to the squad, but at the price required to bring him in he's not worth it.

Realismo

Supports
Real Madrid
This dude is the portuguese Asensio, player with no blood in his veins that thinks he's better than he really is and doesn't work for the team ...

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Another over hyped Benfica product as most are.
Benfica has a great "infrastructure" for this.

A kid is good, their pals in newspapers hype him to the moon, deluded fans on social media do the same, and Mendes gives them a hand in the end.

SportingCP96

Supports
Benfica has a great "infrastructure" for this.

A kid is good, their pals in newspapers hype him to the moon, deluded fans on social media do the same, and Mendes gives them a hand in the end.
It’s just amazing that teams fall for it, the track record is alarming

Gaitan, Andre GomesC Guedes, renato Sanches , Félix, Darwin, jury is still out on Enzo.

You would think these team would learn…

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Someone described him as an aesthetics merchant on Twitter. Quite a nice way to sum it up, so far.

I do think he was very good at Benfica just before he made that stupid decision to join Atletico. And he made another stupid decision to join Chelsea in disarray too. Is Mendes really his agent?

SportingCP96

Supports
Someone described him as an aesthetics merchant on Twitter. Quite a nice way to sum it up, so far.

I do think he was very good at Benfica just before he made that stupid decision to join Atletico. And he made another stupid decision to join Chelsea in disarray too. Is Mendes really his agent?
I think he’s really just chosen the worst possible teams for his development.

I reckon Pep would turn him into a real player. Honestly I even can see him having real success under ETH.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It’s just amazing that teams fall for it, the track record is alarming

Gaitan, Andre GomesC Guedes, renato Sanches , Félix, Darwin, jury is still out on Enzo.

You would think these team would learn…
Lindelof as well :nervous:

To be fair though, there’s been a lot that have proven to be a success - Di Maria, Bernardo Silva, Ruben Dias, Cancelo, Matic, David Luiz, Ederson…