Joe Rogan

caid

She's 30. That's like saying, maybe Greta could have done more to prevent the heat waves this year.
Correct me if im wrong but shes been elected and in the house for a few years now hasn't she? She talks a lot but i'm struggling to see much substance

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Correct me if im wrong but shes been elected and in the house for a few years now hasn't she? She talks a lot but i'm struggling to see much substance
She's one of 435 house members among two parties. There isn't anything she alone can do that isn't part of legislation the Dem party supports.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
It’s not black and white is it? Somebody can have ideas you agree with or disagree with. He makes podcasts where he talks with guests. Some of them are informative, most of them aren’t. I don’t see the problem. Everyone can express their opinion if they like. Others can make up their own opinion. At least he talks for several hours and invites guests with different political views which can not be said for every media outlet out there. His YouTube channel has broaden my knowledge in certain aspects and I think many others so that’s a win isn’t it?

Nowadays everybody must be labeled. Look at this thread. He’s republican! No he’s centrist! Who cares? Just listen to the conversations and try to learn something from it or watch another channel or watch a documentary. I don’t give a damn what Rogan votes as long as he has interesting guests with interesting topics I’ll gladly watch/listen.

NotThatSoph

It’s not black and white is it? Somebody can have ideas you agree with or disagree with. He makes podcasts where he talks with guests. Some of them are informative, most of them aren’t. I don’t see the problem. Everyone can express their opinion if they like. Others can make up their own opinion. At least he talks for several hours and invites guests with different political views which can not be said for every media outlet out there. His YouTube channel has broaden my knowledge in certain aspects and I think many others so that’s a win isn’t it?

Nowadays everybody must be labeled. Look at this thread. He’s republican! No he’s centrist! Who cares? Just listen to the conversations and try to learn something from it or watch another channel or watch a documentary. I don’t give a damn what Rogan votes as long as he as interesting guest with interesting topics I’ll gladly watch/listen.
If you don't give a damn then surely it doesn't matther how black or gray or white it is, so it's a weird point to make. Rogan is a right wing guy who cheers for Trump and wants Texas to be run by Republicans. You're ok with that, no need to bring white or black or grey into it.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Its hard to pigeon hole him into either or in terms of politics. He's obviously rich and is incentivized to gravitate towards politicians who will tax him less. He's also mildly anti-establishment, which explains him gravitating towards the likes of Tulsi Gabbard, and Bernie Sanders. Beyond that, he's all over the map really.
I was a fan. Then over the course of 2015-2018 grew to loathe him and love the smart or funny people he gave a platform to.

You’re spot on though. He’s a fiscal conservative (my money is mine, I will not give more of me to help more of you), but a true social liberal He’s also an old Cnut so the fringes of progressive views leave him behind.

He’s a garbage person though. He’s smart enough to know his consumption base is people he wouldn’t want to have a beer with. Just another grifting shill that would rather maximise income doing bad, as opposed to making 30% less by being authentic and honest. His opinions now kill people. He’ll join bad people in hell if it exists. Garbage human.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I was a fan. Then over the course of 2015-2018 grew to loathe him and love the smart or funny people he gave a platform to.

You’re spot on though. He’s a fiscal conservative (my money is mine, I will not give more of me to help more of you), but a true social liberal He’s also an old Cnut so the fringes of progressive views leave him behind.

He’s a garbage person though. He’s smart enough to know his consumption base is people he wouldn’t want to have a beer with. Just another grifting shill that would rather maximise income doing bad, as opposed to making 30% less by being authentic and honest. His opinions now kill people. He’ll join bad people in hell if it exists. Garbage human.
I don't watch much any more - but do check in whenever he has an interesting guest. Obviously, to hear the guest and not Rogan.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If you don't give a damn then surely it doesn't matther how black or gray or white it is, so it's a weird point to make. Rogan is a right wing guy who cheers for Trump and wants Texas to be run by Republicans. You're ok with that, no need to bring white or black or grey into it.
Joe Rogan, who said he wanted Bernie Sanders to be president, is a right wing guy?

Drainy

I think a lot of people, particularly some on the left dislike that he platforms people on the right and while he doesn't always agree with them he isn't always effective at dismantling their arguments, doesn't talk over them and is personable to them.

Occasional life ending savage exceptions aside (like with Dave Rubin on regulation)

nimic

something nice
Scout
Joe Rogan, who said he wanted Bernie Sanders to be president, is a right wing guy?
Joe Rogan, who cheered when Texas went red and said he didn't want to live in Texas if it was blue, is a right wing guy?

Next scene.

ACTUALLY he's a CENTRIST because he's American and his audience is American and he speaks American and his favourite animal is an EAGLE piloting a drone dropping bombs on weddings.

fin.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I think a lot of people, particularly some on the left dislike that he platforms people on the right and while he doesn't always agree with them he isn't always effective at dismantling their arguments, doesn't talk over them and is personable to them.

Occasional life ending savage exceptions aside (like with Dave Rubin on regulation)

He also dunked on Candace Owens a while back about climate change IIRC. Rubin recently complained that Rogan didn’t invite him on to discuss his new book, so that’s probably the end of Dave’s appearances on the podcast.

Sweet Square

It is such a disingenuous take on Ivermectin.

Idiots have managed to politicize a critical award winning medicine that has been used for 15 years without any side effects.
You kinda know something is up when all news outlets report the same story with exactly the same wording and angle. Nothing to see here..
People are trying to buy Ivermectin from pet stores

Despite admonishments from the Food and Drug Administration, sales of ivermectin appear to be booming in Springfield. Ivermectin is a drug often used in the deworming of horses, but a subset of the population has developed a belief that it can be used to treat or prevent COVID-19. Springfield farm and animal supply stores told the News-Leader sales of ivermectin have increased in the last month.

Jan Guin, general manager of All Pet Supplies and Equine Center in Springfield, said they have been carrying ivermectin for many years, but lately it has been flying off the shelves.Guin doesn't suspect a mysterious surge in worm issues for local farm animals. "You can tell these people do not have a horse," Guin said.
https://eu.news-leader.com/story/ne...vid-19-horse-dewormer-fda-warning/5601496001/
The packaging literally has on it a picture of a horse! Plus it seems these people are now blocking up hospitals

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The packaging literally has on it a picture of a horse! Plus it seems these people are now blocking up hospitals

I saw this earlier from another news source; it might be the most American thing ever.

But Rolling Stone should have a word with their social media department, as that picture is unrelated.

nimic

something nice
Scout

Idiots have managed to politicize a critical award winning medicine that has been used for 15 years without any side effects.
I hope you're talking about the idiots who are taking it for a completely unrelated virus, but I fear you're not.

Carolina Red

Staff

You kinda know something is up when all news outlets report the same story with exactly the same wording and angle. Nothing to see here..
People are literally buying the shit from farm supply stores.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
People are trying to buy Ivermectin from pet stores
People are literally buying the shit from farm supply stores.
This being the Joe Rogan thread, I don't know, but I doubt he got his at the pet store. I'd advice people take one of the vaccines developed for covid. That said, people can have legitimate reasons for not taking one of those. Also, with 350 million people, a small % crazy is a lot of people.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

e.cantona

He should sue CNN and the like. Loads of people not capable of thinking for them selves and belive whatever they're told

Drainy

He should sue CNN and the like. Loads of people not capable of thinking for them selves and belive whatever they're told
Not worth it. The US media has a lot of protection to slander people, even more so if you are a public figure since you'd have to prove actual malice.

You then have to prove damages caused by their statement rather than the statements of others which is obscured by social media.

Plus they can use defenses like 'it was an opinion statement, rather than a fact statement' and even then the likes of Fox and Rachel Maddow have used the 'everyone knows we talk shit so our word doesn't mean anything' defense.

e.cantona

Not worth it. The US media has a lot of protection to slander people, even more so if you are a public figure since you'd have to prove actual malice.

You then have to prove damages caused by their statement rather than the statements of others which is obscured by social media.

Plus they can use defenses like 'it was an opinion statement, rather than a fact statement' and even then the likes of Fox and Rachel Maddow have used the 'everyone knows we talk shit so our word doesn't mean anything' defense.
I’m sure you are correct. I don’t know law, and US law even less. I was mostly repeating/agreeing with Joe Rogan saying something like “should I sue CNN..?” in the video. Should have been should, perhaps.

Considering the outrage aimed at Joe Rogan for supposedly having done something bad, or that could even be dangerous for the crazies, CNN should be held to at least the same standard. Could be dangerous saying someone famous did something. Others might repeat it.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
For all of the stick he has had on here he seems quite reasonable here to me.
Really? Because within the first 5min of that video he espoused a conspiracy theory suggesting pharmaceutical companies were in cohoots to make people who used Ivermectin for Covid look crazy, then said "look how well I've recovered" as if that proves Ivermectin works. If that's "quite reasonable" then god knows what you were expecting.

markhughes

Really? Because within the first 5min of that video he espoused a conspiracy theory suggesting pharmaceutical companies were in cohoots to make people who used Ivermectin for Covid look crazy, then said "look how well I've recovered" as if that proves Ivermectin works. If that's "quite reasonable" then god knows what you were expecting.
yeah I agree in regards to his "anecdotal evidence", I had meant that he took the medication on the advice of several doctors and it was prescribed to him, that part seems reasonable ground to take the prescribed medication.

LoneStar

I think that's what made him famous in the first place. He himself always calls out that he is an idiot. He is merely providing a platform for his guest's ideas, not debating on them (well, most of the times). That's what a good podcast host should be for me.

If there are people out there who listen to one podcast by someone and think whatever they are saying is the undeniable truth, then that's because they are stupid. If someone pumps some random untested drug because a guy on the internet says so, maybe it's natural selection is all.