Film Joker: Folie à Deux (Joker 2)

Folie a deux - delusion or mental illness shared by two people in close association.

Safe to assume this one will introduce the 'real' Joker?

martin-scorsese-696x392.jpg

Nice. Loved the first film. The soundtrack in particular was brilliant.

But King of Comedy and Taxi Driver didn’t have sequels so what will they rip off, sorry, pay homage too, with this one.

Polarizing views on the first film. I, for one, thought it was utter sh*te.

The ending of the Joker very much set it up to make a sequel.

Interesting how they take this one on, as the first was very well done in showing the creation of Joker

They should do a really woke "hero", have Batman head bobbin slobbin Robins knob. Then when Joker wins everyone will be able to cheer. It would subvert the whole mythology really cleverly, like they did with the small person in the first one.

You couldn't be further away from the truth. Cinephiles generally thought this was rubbish too.
I don't consider most of the staunch anti-marvel/anti-superhero lot to be cinema buffs. Anything comic related that isn't marvel is "fresh" according to them.

The Anti-marvel lot will lap it up as some deep artistic take when realistically it'll probably be American psycho with a different skin.

This was not needed and already shows where you are at with it. Why can't people just want another decent-ish film? Joker wasn't as "amazing" as some thought at the time, but it was still something watchable that didn't take steam away from the "OMG SHINEY SUITS AND POWERS!" super hero films.

This all being said, yeah I'm not interested in a sequel.

What I would like is for them to retell the origin story. Just like how the joker always Changes his backstory whenever he talks about it. That would be clever.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ign.com/articles/joker-2-confirmed-folie-a-deux-title-revealed?amp=1

Can't say I'm excited, this should have been a one and done film, and now it's a franchise that's gonna get milked.

The Anti-marvel lot will lap it up as some deep artistic take when realistically it'll probably be American psycho with a different skin.
Anti Marvel is a good thing given Marvel is trash.

Joker was fairly good but far too formulaic and derivative. One of those that I proegressly liked lesser with time to mull it over.

I really enjoyed Joker, but partly because it worked well as a standalone movie. So don’t think this is a good idea at this stage.

The cynic in me thinks they’re going to crowbar the young Joker from the recent Batman movie into this somehow.

Loved the first movie. Probably one of my favourite films in the las 5-10 years

Its weird that this universe is separate to the new Batman movie.

I really enjoyed Joker, but partly because it worked well as a standalone movie. So don’t think this is a good idea at this stage.

The cynic in me thinks they’re going to crowbar the young Joker from the recent Batman movie into this somehow.
There'll be some sort of feckery, DC can't help themselves

I like Joaquin Phoenix and think he is a brilliant actor

I wonder where they go next though because Batman is still a kid and his parents are already dead

Wasn't it a tire iron?

I always thought the irony of Joker is that, IF (and it's a big if) you were to take anything from it other than a horrible nihilism, then it has a pretty left-leaning undertone about people needing help,poverty and the effects of welfare cuts, which is pretty funny considering the hysteria about the film was about incels and white guys going crazy with guns.

This was not needed and already shows where you are at with it. Why can't people just want another decent-ish film? Joker wasn't as "amazing" as some thought at the time, but it was still something watchable that didn't take steam away from the "OMG SHINEY SUITS AND POWERS!" super hero films.

This all being said, yeah I'm not interested in a sequel.
Great post

What I would like is for them to retell the origin story. Just like how the joker always Changes his backstory whenever he talks about it. That would be clever.

That is actually genius. I'm disappointed that they won't do that. Bravo man

Honestly dont see how they can top the first one. Should have remained a standalone one off movie. But money talks.

That would certainly make it different to what people expected