Jonjo Shelvey | Pogba tackle

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If he was my teammate, I'd punch him.
How can one be so dumb?

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
All game he has looked like a Championship level clodder....then gets himself sent off.

feck me I'm glad his opinion of himself is so elevated... :Lol:

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I'd genuinely kick him if I was his teammate, what an idiot. I don't understand how dumb some footballers can be.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
First game of the season and your most experienced player decides to throw the game away. Shame for Newcastle, they looked capable of earning a draw up to that point.

What an idiot.

Oaencha

I think Shelvey is an insufferable twat but that was not a stamp. He stepped on the top of Alli's foot, near his toes. He should still have been sent off but it was more stupid than vicious.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I think Shelvey is an insufferable twat but that was not a stamp. He stepped on the top of Alli's foot, near his toes. He should still have been sent off but it was more stupid than vicious.
What are you talking about? It was a proper purposeful stamp and he made it look like he was just walking.

mu4c_20le

Thats dis1gusting. Glad the referee caught it and dealt with it immediately.

Oaencha

What are you talking about? It was a proper purposeful stamp and he made it look like he was just walking.
He obviously did it on purpose but calling it a stamp is just exaggerating.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I think normally there'd be a debate over whether it was deliberate or not, but Shelvey doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt. Good spot by the ref there.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
If he did it on purpose what would you call it then? A step?
Yes, he stepped on Alli's foot/ankle. What Gerrard did to Herrera was a stamp, this wasn't really. Still definitely a red card though and fecking stupid from Shelvey.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Yes, he stepped on Alli's foot/ankle. What Gerrard did to Herrera was a stamp, this wasn't really. Still definitely a red card though and fecking stupid from Shelvey.
Well as you say it hardly matters what you call it - he was stupid and rightly sent off.

Minimalist

There's no fecking debate.

I don't know why a manager would put up with that shite. He's not good enough as a player to ignore that.

Ixion

I mean it's just so stupid and pointless. I doubt it hurt but he's right to be sent off.

Minimalist

So you'd commit an even dumber action? Nice team mate you'd make.
I'd be questioning the manager massively if he keeps that cnut as captain.

I might not swing a punch but I'd be calling him all the names under the sun and he'd deserve it the little scumbag.