Jonjo Shelvey | Pogba tackle

montpelier

Kane got the ball as intended, possibly not even a booking for me.

It's just about a stamp, and Delle Ali is a knob too.

cyberman

I thought scissor tackles were banned?
Kane was very lucky, especially when he came in from behind like that

montpelier

I thought scissor tackles were banned?
Kane was very lucky, especially when he came in from behind like that
I don't really see the scissors about it & I'd go definite on it not being from behind.

You've all gone soppy, :D.

<books eye test appointment>

red_devil83

It wasn't a stamp in a million years but it was a fecking dumb thing to do and he deserved to be sent off for it.

Kane's challenge was far more dangerous though as he scissored the guy's legs

montpelier

ok, there is an element of what appears to be scissoring - not sure what it is, he just does something quite aggressively weird with his right leg, innit - yellow card is correct, Clive

If you don't think that's a stamp then you're an idiot.
If you think it's a stamp you need to read a dictionary @Hammerfell

stamp
stamp/
verb
  1. 1.
    bring down (one's foot) heavily on the ground or on something on the ground.

It was a step, and absolutely idiotic. The worst thing is, he thought he was sneaky doing it because it was just a step, but it so blatantly obvious. A total Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime of a man.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He just seems likely a thoroughly dickish human being.

El cangrejo

Supports
FC Luzern
Shelvey is proof that a lot of the time you really can judge a book by its cover.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
That's a typical biased reaction. If it was Herrera, people would surely be calling Alli a cnut - he even feigns injury before the "stamp".
Nope, he was just annoyed at the free kick being given against him.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
When looking at these incidents you need to see what intent there was to actually get the ball. Shelvy was a clear read, I'd agree it wasn't a "stamp" but he clearly went out of his way to step on Ali's ankle.

Kane's challenge was very rash, but he went to play the ball and simply didn't have the angle to do it, his trailing leg got up with the Newcastle player's legs a clear yellow but could honestly see a red on another day. Kane's intention was to get the ball.

Richie's tackle was either a mom meant of madness and lashing out or he simply wanted to bring Ali down. There was no intention to play the ball or any real chance he would get it, yellow card.

Full bodied red

I've always thought that Shelvey is just a horrible, pathetic scrote.

And I've always thought his IQ is probably lower than his BMI, and yesterday did nothing to change my opinion on both counts.

Robertd0803

I was actually thinking the same. It doesn't look like the ref really knew about it. If he saw it and thought it was a red card surely the card comes out a lot sooner.
Better off waiting for everything to settle first, rushing over with red card in hand normally just inflames a situation. Plus it also had the side bonus of making Shelvey look even dumber when the ref came over to tell him that he wasn't getting away with it. And then the muppet does his whole theatrical reaction.

Not sure Id call it a stamp though, more stepping on him but either way its a red card.

AlwaysRed66

I see Benitez is talking nonsense as usual. Kane challenges for the ball at speed, clipping the ball, & a booking at worst which match officials past & present agree, whilst Shelvey deliberately stamps on a players ankle who is sitting on the ground. Yet according to the ignorant clown of a Newcastle manager, Kane's is far worse. Pity Fergie wasn't still around to wind up the idiot.

stygg

I see Benitez is talking nonsense as usual. Kane challenges for the ball at speed, clipping the ball, & a booking at worst which match officials past & present agree, whilst Shelvey deliberately stamps on a players ankle who is sitting on the ground. Yet according to the ignorant clown of a Newcastle manager, Kane's is far worse. Pity Fergie wasn't still around to wind up the idiot.
FACT is that the fat Spanish waiter hasn't recovered mentally since Fergie crushed him in 2009. Poor sod.

El cangrejo

Supports
FC Luzern
Yeah, that's a it, a manager can only talk biased guff about a refereeing decision because Fergie "mentally crushed" him.

I'm sure Ferguson's "he could have killed him" statement was mental trauma from Mancini besting him the year before, right?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just Shelvey being the brainless thug as usual.
Thought it looked poor in normal speed, but on the replays just dreadful.

Robbie Boy

Some on here put him in an underrated players thread last season :lol:

Total abomination of a player and a massive wanker.

Nick7

Hopefully he gets a long, long ban. Piece of shit "footballer". Bald Charlie Adam.