Jonny Evans | 2010/11 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donkey's Ears

He was ok but looked very nervous to me and was awful in possession.

A good game in the context of this season but he needs to get stronger quickly.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I thought he was excellent. Delighted he has returned to form and not surprised he has either.

Just a case of a young player going through a dip of form previously. Dont be too shocked if something similar happens to Smalling

championo

Top Stalker
He was decisive for the most part when defending, I was rather worried about his indecision when he had the ball at this feet.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
He did look nervous to me but i guess that is expected with the back four that we had last night.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He was decisive for the most part when defending, I was rather worried about his indecision when he had the ball at this feet.
True. You can tell his biggest problem right now is a lack of confidence in his own abilities. Lunging into tackles a bit much and lacks composure on the ball. That will come, though, after a few more decent performances.

Widnes

I think he needs to hit the gym over the summer, it's obvious his biggest problem is dealing with powerful centre forwards, if he gets a bit stronger he should be ok.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I think he needs to hit the gym over the summer, it's obvious his biggest problem is dealing with powerful centre forwards, if he gets a bit stronger he should be ok.
Although that will help, I don't think it's so much a strength problem as it is an anticipation problem. If he can see the contact coming he's normally ok, but he'll regularly be bumped out of the way simply because he doesn't seem to anticipate the contact and therefore doesn't set himself to handle it.

A bit like Carrick when it comes to aerial balls, actually.

Gym-work will definitely help, but it's more a mental thing he's got to get over IMO.

pillory

I must admit my judgement was slightly clouded during the game, but I thought he was great when he came on. Won everything that came near him as far as I can remember, plus skillz.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I must admit my judgement was slightly clouded during the game, but I thought he was great when he came on. Won everything that came near him as far as I can remember, plus skillz.
You weren't wrong, he was very good.

Great to see that he is coming back to his best form.

Aint gota Kalou

Yep, he was extremely solid and was actually pretty good going forward too. Glad to see he's got some confidence back as he's got a lot of big match experience which Smalling hasn't really got yet.

Brophs

The One and Only
He did well apart from for the goal when he should have gotten out to block the cross instead of holding his ground. But he's not a full back so it's hard to quibble with his overall performance.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Good day at the office today Jonny Evans.

* I didn't think I'd be posting those words this season.

Sam

I thought he did fantastic when he came on. Playing out of position, in a title deciding match, on the back of a poor season, he deserves a lot of credit for that display. Well played Jonny.

Chabon

Barely hurt Drogba at all, poor form by his standards...

Devil may care

I thought he did well when he came in, even displayed a nice bit of skill in the final third.

Aaron

He was part of arguably the worst corner of the season mind you. Giggs short to Evans who, admittedly under some pressure, just walked it off the pitch after a second.

Legendz

Not sure if it was shown on TV, but at the final whistle he turned to the East stand and did a sort of arms out pose/celebration - kind of like Rooney in those England ads a few years ago, was quality.

mufcwarm92

He's the new O'Shea in so many ways. Amazing at reserve level, a great breakthrough season with a PFA YPOTY nomination, a notable blip in form and a recovery to become a good squad player that can play all along the back line. Both are also big lads, lifelong United fans, from Ireland/Northern Ireland and are cheeky feckers.

Aaron

I think he's far better than his dip in form earlier on this season tells you. I think he's been too easily and too quickly written off. He has fantastic experience in the very big games and he's only 23. He'll be a fixture, if not for us then for someone and he will win trophies.

wr8_utd

:'(
He was fantastic today I though. Did very very well. He's been very good now in the Liverpool, Bolton, Everton and Chelsea games.

December_16

I'm delighted that he's got over his slump. Him and Smalling will be vital next season, because we all know Rio will not be playing every game and Brown might leave this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.