View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Dobba

Give him whatever role at the club he wants, even if it's Ratcliffe's .

Personally I'd have involved in some capacity with the academy. What he doesn't know about coming through at United isn't worth knowing. Hell, he even had to drop down a step and have a stellar career elsewhere too, which a vast majority of them will have to get their heads around.

Irwin99

Just realized he's completed the set with United- Premier League, FA cup (won it with Leicester too) League Cup. Good career that!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Great way to end with us.
Though I was nervous at him coming on for 20!

Unam333

Just realized he's completed the set with United- Premier League, FA cup (won it with Leicester too) League Cup. Good career that!
Don't forget the Community Shield. :smirk: Domestic quadruple.

The Hilton

Bet he didn't see FA Cup medals in his future this time last season! Fantastic servant of the club, deserves plenty of plaudits.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If he doesn't mind that one year contract policy, I'd definitely keep him. Great sub to slot in.

United Hobbit

Brilliant professional, I'd certainly be happy for him to have a role in the youth set up/ambassador role

Considering he was signed mainly as a back up, he's stepped up when needed and put in some really solid reliable performances

Wonder if he will retire or go another year

OverratedOpinion

Im glad he didnt pick up an injury during his warm up when Bernardo (?) fouled him :lol:
I loved when Silva tried to make a big joke of it and Evans just stared a hole through him.

I love the lad, such a shame he was ever sold.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Great way to end with us.
Though I was nervous at him coming on for 20!
Not me, he was almost the ideal man to have. Much more confident with him doing that particular 20 minutes than any of the CBs who didn't start. It needed all his experience and calm to just fit in.

LDUred

He's played like a 36 year old central defender who's nevertheless competed at the highest level. There's been times when his experience, communication, and positional awareness have been valuable, and other times when he's looked vulnerable, particularly in terms of pace. He's slightly limited by his age, but he can still perform.

He's not done much wrong in all honesty. I would definitely want him to stay on, whether it's in a coaching capacity or as a squad player. It would be nice if the club asked him what he wants to do rather than take the decision away from him, especially as he started out at the club aged 16, is a red, and loves the club.

Last edited:

mohr

Really happy for him, FA Cup was the only thing he didn't win with us before right. ( I know he won it with Leicester)

How does it feels to return here at that age, play the FA Cup final and complete football here :D

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I edited that out but actually I think he might have got a medal as he played two games according to wikipedia.
Don't think he got a CL medal. He played a bit in the group stage but he was at Sunderland the second half of the season, so he wouldn't have gotten one.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Don't think he got a CL medal. He played a bit in the group stage but he was at Sunderland the second half of the season, so he wouldn't have gotten one.
Don't know what it was like at the time but currently the winning team gets 40 medals and hands them out as seen fit so that means everyone involved at some point, player or coach, should get one.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

Woodzy

One of our most consistent players this season. feck knows what we would have done without him. Hope he stays involved with the club somehow

flameinthesun

I think he’s been decent this season and have no problems keeping him for another year, but to play less games.
When put in the context that he was just training with us to get his fitness up and then we decided to give him a contract as a 5th/6th choice back and he's ended up being one of our most reliable defenders, I think he can be proud of his season. We shouldn't have been in the position to sign him and have to play him so much but we did.

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
When put in the context that he was just training with us to get his fitness up and then we decided to give him a contract as a 5th/6th choice back and he's ended up being one of our most reliable defenders, I think he can be proud of his season. We shouldn't have been in the position to sign him and have to play him so much but we did.
Yeah hopefully we don’t have an injury crisis like this season again.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Absolute legend, a lot of the more recent crop of players could do with taking a leaf out of his book

Reiver

Really pleased for him. One of the highlights of my season was seeing him live in a United shirt again at a pre-season friendly. At the time I thought it would be a rarity, but he's had tonally a lot more and always given his all.
As others have said, I hope there is a place for him in the club somewhere.

Flying high

I think we'd be mad not to keep him on for next year. His wages will be really low and hopefully we don't need him as much next year, but to have someone who gets it like he does around the club is worth so much.

Such a likeable guy too. Really pleased for him.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I think we'd be mad not to keep him on for next year. His wages will be really low and hopefully we don't need him as much next year, but to have someone who gets it like he does around the club is worth so much.

Such a likeable guy too. Really pleased for him.
I think it would be pushing his and our luck to try again next season. It’s a fantastic story and a perfect moment to close that chapter.

Flying high

I think it would be pushing his and our luck to try again next season. It’s a fantastic story and a perfect moment to close that chapter.
Having him as 4th choice would be pushing our luck. 5/6th choice would just be sensible.

BorisManUtd

Having him as 4th choice would be pushing our luck. 5/6th choice would just be sensible.
Martinez, Maguire, new CB, Kambwala + Evans as 5th sounds okay with Shaw capable of playing at LCB as well when needed. Surely next season can't be as bad in terms of injuries to our defenders :nervous: Evans actually didn't play much this season in either of cups or in CL, it's league games where he had to fill in and you'd think next season that won't be the case.

Jericho

What a player he has been this year. He proved a lot of doubters wrong.

Jericho

Martinez, Maguire, new CB, Kambwala + Evans as 5th sounds okay with Shaw capable of playing at LCB as well when needed. Surely next season can't be as bad in terms of injuries to our defenders :nervous: Evans actually didn't play much this season in either of cups or in CL, it's league games where he had to fill in and you'd think next season that won't be the case.
That really doesn't sound great to me.
A new CB to match Varane's level isn't going to be easily found.
And despite the upturn in performances I'm still not crazy about Maguire being so close to the starting lineup. God forbid he's a starter now the Varane is gone. His slow ponderous playstyle kills momentum.

BorisManUtd

That really doesn't sound great to me.
A new CB to match Varane's level isn't going to be easily found.
And despite the upturn in performances I'm still not crazy about Maguire being so close to the starting lineup. God forbid he's a starter now the Varane is gone. His slow ponderous playstyle kills momentum.
I get what you're saying and it doesn't sound great to me either but not sure all of Varane, Lindelof and Maguire will be leaving. Guess we'll find out in few months.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Agreed. If he's around next year you know we've not recruited well.
His spot should be for an up and coming youngster.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
If someone had told u this time last year we'd sign Jonny Evans after letting him train with us in the summer for match fitness and he'd be our most reliable centre half in terms of fitness, and we'd bring him on to see the FA Cup final out against City...Some story