Jordan Pickford...

thepolice123

We talk shite about him all the time here but that Jorginho penalty save was ridiculously clutch. Probably the best penalty save I have ever seen in a final, considering the circumstances and opponent he was up against.

Kaos

Fair play to him, thats two tournaments in a row where he hasn't capitulated to the ceremonial English keeper cockup, and has generally been very solid. Mind you his defenders have been superb too which has probably helped him.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Would have thought he'd be one of the first to fold but he didn't tbf.

Eternitiy

For just a moment in time, after he saved Jorginho's penalty, I truly believed in my heart that it had come home. I'll remember that feeling forever, no matter how fleeting it was.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
We talk shite about him all the time here but that Jorginho penalty save was ridiculously clutch. Probably the best penalty save I have ever seen in a final, considering the circumstances and opponent he was up against.
Saw a stat on twitter that something like 90+% of penalties to win a penalty shoot-out go in. Presumably because the pressure shifts to the goalkeeper (who has to save it) and away from the taker (who knows that even if he misses they're still in it).

So yeah, it was a hell of a save.

redshaw

For just a moment in time, after he saved Jorginho's penalty, I truly believed in my heart that it had come home. I'll remember that feeling forever, no matter how fleeting it was.
Was like catching a priceless vase only for it to be knocked over again and smash to pieces.

Santos J

Strange that he's relatively good for England, feel like every time he's in an Everton shirt he just can't hold on to the ball like that Bruno shot.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Lots of people praising him... but I still wouldn't want him anywhere near United!

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Strange that he's relatively good for England, feel like every time he's in an Everton shirt he just can't hold on to the ball like that Bruno shot.
There's usually a bit less to do for a keeper in International football and he has a way better defense in front of him for England. He will probably cost Everton a lot of points this season.

meamth

I disagree. There were lot of moments in the Euros where he showed his eccentricity. Unnecessary charge for long balls have been his weakness.

Same what happened today. Poor goalkeeper.

Eugenius

Feel like we was nowhere near the Bruno and Maguire goals without either being really in the corner or having that much pace on the them. Think it's the short arms. The Greenwood goal was comedy too.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
He'd make a fine addition to ten hag's system. Plus he has more leadership qualities than the likes of maguire and rashford combined multiplied by 100.

If the bitters go down (I hope they don't) we should sign him.

Pickle85

He'd make a fine addition to ten hag's system. Plus he has more leadership qualities than the likes of maguire and rashford combined multiplied by 100.

God no. Decent shot stopper but quick to lose his head and I suspect would absolutely crumble under the pressure of being united number one. Too many mistakes in him. Plus he's a bellend.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
God no. Decent shot stopper but quick to lose his head and I suspect would absolutely crumble under the pressure of being united number one. Too many mistakes in him. Plus he's a bellend.
He also comes out and catches the ball which ddg never does.

We also need characters in the dressing room, schmeichel was also a bellend.

daveskimufc

I’ve never seen it with him. Never looked particularly comfortable. I don’t even think he should be englands no.1

Pickle85

He also comes out and catches the ball which ddg never does.

We also need characters in the dressing room, schmeichel was also a bellend.
He also does a decent amount of dropping it. Unfortunately being a bellend doesn't equal a winning character, otherwise we'd have one of the most successful squads in world football at the moment.