Jordan Pickford...

CM

Absolute clanger. Vastly overrated keeper.

Hazard Warning

Supports
Chelsea
He’s a brilliant keeper but you just have that feeling in every single game he has the capacity to truly feck everything up :lol:

Nickelodeon

You are being unfair. He does not have Barthez's way about him. He rarely drops clangers
Give him time. He's still young.

Even for England against Spain a month or so back, he had that shoddy Alisson vs Leicster sort of moment which should've been followed up by a penalty and a red card. He's a reasonably good shot stopper but that's more or less it. There must be 20 GK in the world better than him. Does not deserve to be hyped as much as he is.

Mick321

He’s a brilliant keeper but you just have that feeling in every single game he has the capacity to truly feck everything up :lol:
:lol: He really isn't. Look at the clangers v Wolves, West Ham, today, v Spain he's bang average, his pass percentage is nowhere near goalies like Kepa, Alisson and Ederson either despite apparently being great on the ball. He's a media creation, he's shit.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He's been shocking but he made a good point about Pickfords height.
I get that but it was just a massive misjudgement, he thought he needed to tip the ball over when it was clearing bar anyway.

Being too tall and you struggle to get down to the low shots which is a Courtois weakness.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
His kicking is unreal and comes off his line quick, but ultimately - he's not that good. I don't believe in the rumours to us for a second. Would honestly rather give Henderson a go than get this lad in for even half the price quoted.

Edit: think I should caveat the kicking comment, the sheer range of it. he can reach well into the opposition half pretty accurately.

saivet

His kicking is unreal and comes off his line quick, but ultimately - he's not that good. I don't believe in the rumours to us for a second. Would honestly rather give Henderson a go than get this lad in for even half the price quoted.

Edit: think I should caveat the kicking comment, the sheer range of it. he can reach well into the opposition half pretty accurately.
Yeah it's more his long kicking which is particularly good.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Even great keepers (which Pickford isn't) have howlers sometimes, especially when they're young.

Did it have to be against fecking Liverpool though?

dogwithabone

Not sure why there seems so much dislike of him as a player and a person ? He’s clearly a very good keeper and today I think he just got caught in two minds. I think he thinks initially it’s going over and then late on realises that he may have to deal with it and just gets caught between seeing it over and tipping it over. It’s more a misjudgement than a mistake.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Wow, I just watched the goal. Id I didn't know better i'd be thinking he'd taken an envelope for that! So bad.

montpelier

I don't rate him at all but have some sympathy with this one. He probably wants to just leave it, which is understandable, might not be able to see it properly & has a bloke standing in front of him (who might have been offside, btw - in the not ever going to be given sense of it, obviously, :D.

Why it has to happen in the 97th minute there though, I cannot explain, :(.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts

Canagel

I'd much rather have Schmeichel or someone else instead . Hopefully we stay well clear of pickford . 70 million? You havin a laugh?

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I just can't believe what I saw. Surely he had enough time to see it was going onto the bar or to push it over and just concede the corner?

Why has he tried to catch it?

IrishMcD

Like Maguire, Rashford, Lingard, Ali, Dier and now Barkley again, Pickford is completely over hyped by British media simply because of his nationality. This isn't an anti-English thing from me, actual,y feel sorry for the players because I'd imagine the pressure put on them when they play for England is immense. God help the talented English players coming through now like Sancho, Foden et al who are actually genuine potential top players.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Utter clown.

Over-rated, over-hyped - Joe Hart mark II.

And to be fair to the dippers, after the joy their own keeper Karius gave the World at the end of last season in the CL final, it's only fair that they get a bit of that going their way.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
He's a decent keeper, some total hyperbole on this thread in the last hour

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
True. I think England have some decent keeper but forking out 70 mil for that lad would be funny. Hes ok, good keeper but nothing special. I think there are equally good keepers in the league who would cost a fraction of 70 mil.
Good keeper but not brilliant as yet, still only 24 but never worth 70 mil.

nePhantom

Supports
Liverpool
He still had a load of great saves that game. He’s one of the better keepers in the league IMO. I think he would do well at UTD if DDG leaves. You guys could do worse anyhow.

Red_toad

Henderson is exceptional for his age, one of the reasons I'm not crapping myself about Dave leaving in 2020. Be nice to see him get a shot at being our new number 1. As for Pickford, he's a good keeper, but doubt he'll ever be a great keeper.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
And De Gea shows bad mistakes can happen to good keepers
Of course. Casillas & Neuer made their fair share of bloopers during the times they were universally recognized as the best/top 3 in the world in their positions iirc.

Even the Great Dane made a couple of mistakes. 2 of the more consistent keepers ive seen though, must be Buffon and VdS. But even then, I’m sure people could bring up errors they made.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Just saw the goals against City on MOTD. All three goals should have been saved, specially the first. Both headers straight at him but no real reaction save. Joe Hart-esque.