Jordan Pickford...

Treble

If you judge Pickford abd DDG only on their WC games, the first would look twice the player. Well done to Pickford but him looking much better than DDG shows the limitations of drawing conclusions about the quality of players on several games.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
This is why all Everton fans have been defending him and made him player of the season. Outstanding.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Never rated him but sweet Jesus what a performance. Long may it continue!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is having fantastic world cup. Class player.

izec

Was average in the group stages, monster in the knockout stages so far. Like a different GK to be honest. I wasnt holding back at the start, but fair play to him, he is a beast currently.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Just me that think he's been one of the best keepers in the league this season? No World cup hangover for this guy.

Couple of top class saves today. Was really good in the United game aswell recently.

FujiVice

He's prone to the odd mistake and his decision making leaves a lot to be desired sometimes, but there's enough evidence that he'll be an outstanding goalkeeper for years to come. He's been brilliant at times this year.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Just me that think he's been one of the best keepers in the league this season? No World Cup hangover for this guy.

Couple of top class saves today.
No he has really. Wouldn't be overreacting to say he is top 3 or 5 in the League. Probably one of the main factors to push Everton to a Europa League spot. Didn't expected so much from him if we look 2 years ago.

criticalanalysis

He reminds me of a better Paul Robinson, which is to say fantastic shot stopping and general 6 yard box command but suspect when it comes to positional choices and being on the ball.

dbs235

He reminds me of a better Paul Robinson, which is to say fantastic shot stopping and general 6 yard box command but suspect when it comes to positional choices and being on the ball.
Pickford bad on the ball? It's one of his best traits.

criticalanalysis

Pickford bad on the ball? It's one of his best traits.
He's a trier and brave (good traits) with it, which makes him better than 50% of the league but I don't think he's a natural or it's one of his 'positives' per se.

For Everton and England he's a step in the right direction for sure.

FujiVice

He's a trier and brave (good traits) with it, which makes him better than 50% of the league but I don't think he's a natural or it's one of his 'positives' per se.

For Everton and England he's a step in the right direction for sure.
I saw a lot of him for Sunderland when I was working there, and he looked an absolute natural with his feet from his debut. He's about 10 levels about Paul Robinson.

Minimalist

It did my nut in during the summer when it seemed like all of football was gushing over this idiot.

Absolute clown. He's a perfect England goalkeeper - keep playing him. :lol:

Mick321

That's about 6 goal costing errors alone this season and his passing percentages are nowhere near guys like Alisson and Ederson, he's rubbish.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Taller keeper would have caught that, Courtois was right.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Had a good game up to that point. Horrendous error.

Nickelodeon

Closest comparison to him is Fabien Barthez. He'll make good saves but will always have an error in him.

And they'll never inspire confidence due to their height.

Horrible error today though.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
The term gets tossed around a lot but feck me that was brainless. He'd had a good game up until that point as well.

Mick321

On another note, does he have something wrong with him? He's like a raging cokehead or something.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I've always thought he is a good shot stopper but that was an absolute brainfart today.

Pyro19

The first half of this thread and the latter half sums up Pickford:lol:

Good goalkeeper that always has a mistake in him.