Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Viollet

The reverse .Rossi
What level is that? Jedi Master?
from Jorginho to a jedi master, there are different types of good and better players.

Who is on that level then? Don't tell me Thiago, Kroos, Verratti, Modric please.
money is not a problem I guess and than
What about Koke? Pjanic? I would break the bank for Milinkovic Savic.
Anyway why not Thiago? Bayern for the right price sell their players Juve too.
Verratti imho is overrated, he always feck up in the important games.
Kroos is not for sale.
Modric turn 34 next year, fantastic player but maybe near the end of his career a certain level, for a couple of season maybe should be perfect and I don't think Madrid ask too much
Anyway yeah... a type of player like those you mentioned, if we want to compete for PL & CL.
if Jorginho arrives I will support him and I hope it will be good for us :)

Devil may care

Of the 2 Serie A CM's we are linked with I'd take Jorginho over Milinkovic Savic, we need a metronomic brain added to this team somewhere, my only concern is that he doesn't have the dynamic ground coverage to help Matic, and yes I know how many km's he covers but Pirlo had those stats as well, he still needed Gattuso/Vidal with him.

Craig Ward

good player but not good enough for the level we want to reach
Is he not better than Periera/Fellaini/Carrick/Mctominey?

He's exactly the kind of player we need to be after.

We need quality in our midfield, and this guy is that

Jig1234

Naby Keita & Jorginho at Liverpool. :O

I hope Utd don't let that happen. Jorginho would be fantastic. We should go for him.

.....BTW I had no idea who that "Dutch Legend" was. :lol:

izec

They could do with Jorginho. Keita being the box to box, while Jorginho sets the pace behind him. Their attack is sorted, their midfield would be sorted. If they buy a GK (which they probably will) and strengthen their defense, they will be much improved next season

I hope it doesnt happen, but it will i feel. Hope we are in it too

Bwuk

Would be very disappointing if Liverpool got him and Keita. Both are miles ahead of anything they have in midfield at the moment.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout

Naby Keita & Jorginho at Liverpool. :O

I hope Utd don't let that happen. Jorginho would be fantastic. We should go for him.

.....BTW I had no idea who that "Dutch Legend" was. :lol:
Not that I disagree with him, but who is Bryan Roy?
Decent enough Dutch wide forward from the 90s. Never a 'legend' and I've no idea why anyone would give a feck about his opinion on United and Mourinho.

Jayus20

Supports
Liverpool
They could do with Jorginho. Keita being the box to box, while Jorginho sets the pace behind him. Their attack is sorted, their midfield would be sorted. If they buy a GK (which they probably will) and strengthen their defense, they will be much improved next season

I hope it doesnt happen, but it will i feel. Hope we are in it too
Rumours are our summer targets are a GK (Alisson), #6 (Jorginho), a CB and a young Coutinho replacement like Lemar, Pulisic, Brandt etc. to rotate in with our current front 3 without a drop in quality. That would improve us massively especially with Keita also coming in.

To be honest I'm a little bored with this season with how dominant City have been. I don't see us winning the UCL, I think we can beat City and probably Bayern if we drew them but I don't think we can beat either of Madrid or Barcelona as we still have a couple of defensive weak links and I just don't see us being able to contain their attack. I personally cant wait to see what Klopp has in store for us in the summer and from what it looks like right now, it's exactly what we need.

Sanche7

Rumours are our summer targets are a GK (Alisson), #6 (Jorginho), a CB and a young Coutinho replacement like Lemar, Pulisic, Brandt etc. to rotate in with our current front 3 without a drop in quality. That would improve us massively especially with Keita also coming in.

To be honest I'm a little bored with this season with how dominant City have been. I don't see us winning the UCL, I think we can beat City and probably Bayern if we drew them but I don't think we can beat either of Madrid or Barcelona as we still have a couple of defensive weak links and I just don't see us being able to contain their attack. I personally cant wait to see what Klopp has in store for us in the summer and from what it looks like right now, it's exactly what we need.
Jaysus H Christ :wenger:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I can't see how Mourinho can recover from this negative criticism from Dutch legend Bryan Roy. If Philip Neville, Michelangelo Rampulla, Michael Zorc, Olivier Dacourt, Cristóbal and Celio Silva join ranks with him then he can kiss his reputation goodbye.

stepic

No chance you can afford all of those players at once. Would be £200m+ easily

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
dunno - they have a net profit in the transfer market for the last 3 seasons overall
this year +28
Last year +6.5
year before -28

the year before that their spend was around 38.5m so over 4 seasons they have averaged spending £8million a year - so perhaps the owners might be ready to splash out...

alternatively perhaps they will flog salah for a whacking great profit and use that to fund the spending now they have completed the work on the stadium

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/pre...tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons

beingshe7don

Liverpool getting Naby & Jorginho would provide them with depth and quality in midfield. They could pose a real title challenge to City next season. Mourinho really needs to get the current players playing well and bring in some new players to boost our midfield specifically. I hope we get Jorginho and another 8.... Naby Keita would have complemented Pogba with his dynamism. SMS & Jorginho would be ideal. We need two midfielders for sure because I don't see McTominay being part of the first 11.

Jayus20

Supports
Liverpool
Money isn't really an issue for us at the moment. It's been made pretty clear by Klopp he has access to all the Coutinho money (ie £142m) and he's said that he's more than happy to splash the cash for the right players this summer. Plus you have to take into account player sales and we have quite a few still that need to go: Sturridge, Origi, Markovic, Flanagan, Mignolet alongside some fringe youth players and probably one of Matip/Lovren if we do sign a CB which would likely raise another £50m or so.

Our owners were always known to be quite tight but since last summer they've seemed to be pretty open to spending now we're starting to see good progress under Klopp. £66m bid for Keita last summer which we were willing to go up to £75m, put in a £70m bid for Lemar, £35m for Ox and £40m for Salah, £75m for Van Dijk in January and apparently we were even willing to give Monaco what they wanted for Mbappe but he wasn't interested (unsurprisingly). It makes complete sense now why they're starting to open up their pockets because our club is now financially stable and their investment will make us a lot more likely to get trophies and constantly be in the UCL, in turn increasing the club value which is where most of their profit will come from when they eventually sell the club. It really wouldn't shock me to see a £200m+ summer spend from us this summer assuming all our targets are available for "reasonable" prices.

Fer

Liverpool getting Naby & Jorginho would provide them with depth and quality in midfield. They could pose a real title challenge to City next season. Mourinho really needs to get the current players playing well and bring in some new players to boost our midfield specifically. I hope we get Jorginho and another 8.... Naby Keita would have complemented Pogba with his dynamism. SMS & Jorginho would be ideal. We need two midfielders for sure because I don't see McTominay being part of the first 11.
What about Matic? Do you want to play with 4 midfielders?
SMS is similar to Pogba, maybe a player like Kante/Vidal/Seri/Keita is what we need in our midfield next to Matic and Pogba.

HJ12

Not that I disagree with him, but who is Bryan Roy?
Now I really feel old! Was Van Hooijdonk's partner in that free scoring Nottingham Forest side that finished 3rd in the Premier League in the early 90's. By no means a legend, but a lethal striker that year.

deafepl

Money isn't really an issue for us at the moment. It's been made pretty clear by Klopp he has access to all the Coutinho money (ie £142m) and he's said that he's more than happy to splash the cash for the right players this summer. Plus you have to take into account player sales and we have quite a few still that need to go: Sturridge, Origi, Markovic, Flanagan, Mignolet alongside some fringe youth players and probably one of Matip/Lovren if we do sign a CB which would likely raise another £50m or so.

Our owners were always known to be quite tight but since last summer they've seemed to be pretty open to spending now we're starting to see good progress under Klopp. £66m bid for Keita last summer which we were willing to go up to £75m, put in a £70m bid for Lemar, £35m for Ox and £40m for Salah, £75m for Van Dijk in January and apparently we were even willing to give Monaco what they wanted for Mbappe but he wasn't interested (unsurprisingly). It makes complete sense now why they're starting to open up their pockets because our club is now financially stable and their investment will make us a lot more likely to get trophies and constantly be in the UCL, in turn increasing the club value which is where most of their profit will come from when they eventually sell the club. It really wouldn't shock me to see a £200m+ summer spend from us this summer assuming all our targets are available for "reasonable" prices.
Chelsea has the similar amount of revenue as Liverpool, bit bigger but can't afford to splash out cash on expensive players since FFP came into force so Liverpool and Chelsea adopted "sell to buy" policy and have been doing for 5 years, City used fake sponsorship to allow them to spend at least 100+m net without needing to sell players for money. Both Chelsea and Liverpool unable to slash out on expensive players because of huge bills they can't afford huge net spend. I am still not convinced Liverpool has Coutinho money because I have seen a lot of the club have done like this plenty of time, for an example, Juventus just slashed out huge cash on a striker before they sold Pogba to us for £90m but they don't spend 90m net, where's that money coming from? We all knew it was money for Higuain just as much as Coutinho money is for Van Dijk and other players Klopp has brought it in. I hope they can prove me wrong when they open their pockets.

sam147

Jorginho is a decent player. But he wouldn't improve us that much. Very overrated on here. He is a great passer of the ball but wasnt seen to be that great in previous years. He is small and lightweight. He isnt good enough to play CDM and give Matic the rest he needs and I dont think he would do much McTominay cant do in the RCM spot.

What we need is a CDM to cover Matic. Fabinho would be a great option as he can cover CDM, RCM as well as RB. Still unsure Jose will play a 433 next year. Might still be a 4231. In that case Pogba, Matic, Fabinho, Herrera and McTominay is a well rounded option. Our best attacking play is yet to come because Jose clearly doesnt trust our defence and that will be recitifed next season. The majority of the time teams play so deep Pogba being part of a 2 or 3 is irrelevant. Id prefer a 4231 that way we get an extra attacker on pitch and buying Jorginho would be obsolete. A luxury player who wont contribute much different than what we already have.

POF

Now I really feel old! Was Van Hooijdonk's partner in that free scoring Nottingham Forest side that finished 3rd in the Premier League in the early 90's. By no means a legend, but a lethal striker that year.
Wasn't the partnership Roy and Stan Collymore? Roy was a pretty underwhelming Dutch winger but was a revelation for Forest up front for a period of time.

SwSw

You've spent half the Countinho money on VVD and the remaining half on Keita.

There's no way Liverpool would sanction a 200m summer spending spree without first selling. Personally, I see you guys spending around the 50m-75m region.

gajender

He played alongside Verratti who play in a very similar role. Di biagio is not very bright as a manager
Who is better suited for United doesn't Jorginho play as CDM is he capable of playing alongside Matic or would he replace him from the line up.

Bestietom

Jorginho or Savic would do for me. Think we could bring in 2 midfielders if he gets rid of Herrera as well as Carrick and Fellaini.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Who is better suited for United doesn't Jorginho play as CDM is he capable of playing alongside Matic or would he replace him from the line up.
Jorginho is the typical regista (ie defensive playmaker). His distribution of the ball is top notch (close to the 90%-92%) and he's got great work rate. At Napoli he plays in a deep role. Despite all, he still contributed to a respectable 4 assists.

In Italy he gets away with being a DM however I can't see him doing the same in the EPL. He's not physically imposing enough to do it. There again, he'll be a perfect partner for Matic and Pogba in a 3 men CM.

Bestietom

Jorginho is the typical regista (ie defensive playmaker). His distribution of the ball is top notch (close to the 90%-92%) and he's got great work rate. At Napoli he plays in a deep role. Despite all, he still contributed to a respectable 4 assists.

In Italy he gets away with being a DM however I can't see him doing the same in the EPL. He's not physically imposing enough to do it. There again, he'll be a perfect partner for Matic and Pogba in a 3 men CM.
Savic is probably the best of the 2 as he can play both roles and is more box to box player. Just my opinion

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Yes but we have McTominay and Carrick did not play this season( maybe once) so I don't count him.
Carrick playing is irrelevant. Mourinho has been saying for us to go to the next level, we have to replace what we lose from the squad with two players. That is why Mourinho has been insisting he is buying two CMs in the summer to replace the retiring Carrick. It would have been 3 if McTominay had not emerged as Fellaini chooses to leave.

It can also ended up still being three if Herrera also chooses to leave though

Last edited:

EyeInTheSky

I can't see how Mourinho can recover from this negative criticism from Dutch legend Bryan Roy. If Philip Neville, Michelangelo Rampulla, Michael Zorc, Olivier Dacourt, Cristóbal and Celio Silva join ranks with him then he can kiss his reputation goodbye.
He played for Nottingham forest alongside pierre van hooijdonk don’t you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.