Jose after the Juventus game

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I thought it was shockingly disrespectful from a manager that has complained publicly of other managers showing disrespect.

I can see why he may have done it given all the pressure he's feeling and the stick he got all game, but there are better ways to release tension.

He' got no class.
I am not disrespecting the club but Mourinho. God forbid that such thin skinned mercenary with his shit attitude and his shittier tactics is the embodiment of the club or its values

Maybe my post went OTT but i wish someone puts this cnut back in his box. His arrogance, his double standards, his silly antics towards players, fans and the ceo and his constant lack of class is quite glaring and there is so little to justify it these days
Are you even United fans?

Sir Alex Ferguson has done worse/said worse in the past.

Some of the people in this thread criticsing Mourinho for this is ridiculous. You are all pathetic with your hate/dislike of Mourinho that you all just want to use anything to criticise the manager.

We get it, you don’t want Mourinho managing United, but to slag him off for stuff like this when SAF has acted worse than this on many occassions is stupid.

NK86

Ashley Young gets in the way and gives Chiellini a talk I'm sure we've all done before on a night out

"sorry man my mate is just really drunk I'll walk him out"
It was Bonucci.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Regarding the bonucci thing would you be shocked if someone disrespected us at OT the way he did with the juventini and lets say Keane floored him for it? I much doubt it.
Yes. Keane played for United for 11 years. How many players or managers did he punch?

Greck

Thought it was hilarious although I wouldn't like to be on the receiving end of that. He has his likeable moments but also needs to stop wondering why his personality is heavily persecuted when he's prone to antics like this.

Robertd0803

Loved his post match celebrations. Has some history with Juve fans going back to his Inter days does he not?

His comment about the FA translating was also hilarious.

Fully Fledged

Happy to wind up the Juve fans a bit after as he gave an "I can't hear you anymore" sort of signal.

This is entertainment.

Video - stolen from the post-match thread:

It’s all well and good but when the Chelsea coach did it to him he cried and got him disciplined.
If you are gonna give you should be able to take it or you look like a child.

Handré1990

Loved his post match celebrations. Has some history with Juve fans going back to his Inter days does he not?

His comment about the FA translating was also hilarious.
Came in to post this.

«Do you speak Italian?»
«Err.. no.»
«You should ask the FA to translate. Ahahahahha»

Brilliant! :lol:

Handsome Devil

I honestly don't like it. It shows lack of class from someone who should and is paid to act better then that. Now i dont think that opinion warrants the personal abuse i got in here. Oh well

May i remind you how Mou acted when Conte rightly celebrated his victory against us. It seems that he expects others to act classy when he loses only for him to act as a cnut when he wins
You keep talking about class yet you pepper your posts with the c word (whatever way you spell it.) One of the most offensive words in the English language when used this way. Classy indeed.

SER19

I am not disrespecting the club but Mourinho. God forbid that such thin skinned mercenary with his shit attitude and his shittier tactics is the embodiment of the club or its values

Maybe my post went OTT but i wish someone puts this cnut back in his box. His arrogance, his double standards, his silly antics towards players, fans and the ceo and his constant lack of class is quite glaring and there is so little to justify it these days
Youre disrespecting the manager of the club who is trying his best, like the method or not. Fans are allowed to do that its not a big issue- doing it while crying about disrespect is just the height of righteousness. Saying he should be floored and is a cnut says little about your own capacity for respect- unless you think you can cherry pick who to respect, in which case mourinho did just that and chose to wind up the fans chanting vile things. Youre being a hypocrite and showing double standards for you, juventus players, juventus fans compared with mourinho. Just makes you look like a rambling poster.

Red_Ramirez

Jose is the Only man with the presence and experience to manage a club our size. Anyone that wants a change knows feck all tbh

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
We should be more incensed by Ronaldo's egotistical little ab celebration. What was that all about? Put 'em away luv.
Great footballer. But I can't help but get the feeling Ronaldo is a cringey, corny guy personality wise. He's ruined himself since he left, I don't remember that sort of stuff when he was here. Fergie probably would have ripped him for that celebration.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Football fans are weird.

Dish out dogs abuse for 90 minutes but the moment the target of said abuse says or does something back? OUTRAGE!!! How dare he do such a thing!! Won't someone think of the children?

As always, everyone just needs to calm down a bit.

This is part and parcel of sport at elite level.

Im guessing the angst and hand wringing in thread is coming from posters too young to remember Cantona taking on the entire home support and police in Galatasaray, Fergusons sideline bans for questioning referees etc.

United were hated by opposition but they were also feared and respected. You dont earn that fear and respect by being meek and mild mannered.

Ferguson showed with his mind games a huge part of developing a dominant team is getting inside the heads of the opposition. Winding them up, upsetting them and getting them out of their comfort zone...

One thing for sure, United are slowly regaining a vital element that was lost under Moyes and Van Gaals tenure - teams are once again begining to fear playing us.

Reactions: Penna

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Seriously, unless you support Juve as well, I don't see the point of your post. All the negative traits you have mentioned are applicable at some time or the other to some of the more competitive managers these past few seasons. Conte, Klopp, Pep. Why are you singling out Mou especially as he has seen the club through a very famous victory?
I criticised conte quite regularly calling him a cry baby. However I don't remember him being engaged into this pettiness on a weekly basis. If its not the opposition fans, its the media, the CEO, one of his players etc. I wish he did less talking and produced more meaningful trophies. Maybe we wouldn't be 7th in the table.

devilish

Youre disrespecting the manager of the club who is trying his best, like the method or not. Fans are allowed to do that its not a big issue- doing it while crying about disrespect is just the height of righteousness. Saying he should be floored and is a cnut says little about your own capacity for respect- unless you think you can cherry pick who to respect, in which case Mourinho did just that and chose to wind up the fans chanting vile things. Youre being a hypocrite and showing double standards for you, Juventus players, Juventus fans compared with Mourinho. Just makes you look like a rambling poster.
Well sometimes you have to call a spade for what it is especially someone whose antics are on a near weekly basis. Hopefully he won't be here for long and we'll bring in a proper manager who let results and trophies do the talking.

SER19

Well sometimes you have to call a spade for what it is especially someone whose antics are on a near weekly basis. Hopefully he won't be here for long and we'll bring in a proper manager who let results and trophies do the talking.
Ok youre going off on a separate conversation now.

RD76

Absolutely brilliant result and reaction.

I want to see Jose's pirate face again on Sunday.

beedoubleyou

Ronaldo really is a cnut, isn't he?

Why not focus on Mourinho briefly putting his hand to his ear instead through?

cheeky_backheel

SAF defended his team's corner. He took plenty of slack even from the owners without every say anything about it. That's because it was the right thing to do.
and who is the judge of that? SAF was far from a saint

Mou defends himself and his mummy. He would throw any of his players under the bridge if it means shifting the heat from himself.
You would rather he throw boots at his players?

When he defends his players (e.g. Pogba and Chelsea goal) you all act ignorant of it. Mourinho is mourinho, and he is genuine enough to not have to apologize for who he is

Fredo

You broke my heart!
This is quite some bullshit. If Juventus respected our club and the coach they wouldn't have chanted all that crap consistently throughout both games. They simply saw him as the Inter Milan manager who fecked them up back then. They took it personal and he responded in the most Mourinho fashion.

Look at our past 4-5 games, Chelsea we deserved to win, Newcastle we came back from behind and we beat them, Everton we beat them, Bournemouth same, we came back from 1 goal down in fecking Turin and beat Juventus. On a normal day we would have sat back and hoped we don't concede more, he brought Mata and Fellaini on and pushed for it and we got what we deserve, a nice win over one of the best teams in the champions league, on their fecking turf.

You can hate his antics as much as you want but the past results have been quite good AND for once we are starting to play some interesting stuff. Martial is playing well, Pogba, Lindelof, Shaw and those were the players heavily criticized by Jose and us at some stage. When you say let results do the talking just look at the past 4-5 games instead of talking crap. Until he leaves, Jose Mourinho is our manager and given the change in attitude he is showing lately I think we should get behind him as those results could be a turning point in our season, so get the feck behind our manager.

Danny Roberts

Love it. The pantomime villain. Everyone's against us and we don't care. Hated, adored, never ignored. He's the right man for Man Utd alright.
I don't ljike the fact he wants it all ways. Sadly unlike my wife. But with Jose, I love showing a bit of personality and winding people up. But I don't like him not able to take it when other people do the same.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Honestly I would prefer if our manager rose above it and didn't respond but its hard to blame himThe guy got dogs abuse for the whole game and when he gives a tiny bit back people are offended? Man up guys.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It was fecking mint, I loved it.

Fans are always loving giving it large to players and managers all the time, I never fault players and managers when they give some back.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It was abuse. Even Scholes saw through that. I think he should focus more on actually winning stuff rather these silly antics. That's how great managers at top clubs answer to critics. After all we are 7th place and we just got bailed put Moyes men (squad inheritance indeed). That's certainly not juve fans fault
It wasn't abuse. So only teams that are at top can do these things?

I don't think him doing cup celebration have any impact on how he sets to his team.

Oh poor Juve fans are offended after abusing Jose non stop for 2 games :lol:

Robbie Boy

When he first done it my reaction was that he was being a bit of a tosser and once again, making it all about Jose. However, after seeing the abuse he got from the Juve fans, he was dead right. feck them.

Wilt

I honestly don't like it. It shows lack of class from someone who should and is paid to act better then that. Now i dont think that opinion warrants the personal abuse i got in here. Oh well

May i remind you how Mou acted when Conte rightly celebrated his victory against us. It seems that he expects others to act classy when he loses only for him to act as a cnut when he wins
State of this.

Talks about 'lack of class', then calls our manager a 'cnut'.

You could'nt make it up.

Bruno Marques

Supports
Vitória de Setúbal
State of this.

You could'nt make it up.
Well, earlier he talked about values while asking bonucci to floor our manager...

This is great stuff here. We should enjoy.

Croftona7

Loved it.

He did what most fans would have done.

Everyone expected us to get battered, the Juve fans were on his case throughout, we were losing until close to the end, and we turned it around.

You'd have to be utterly dead inside to not have your adrenaline absolutely racing after that, f#cking give some back to them, get in there, what's not to like?

Serious lack of basic human understanding if you're trying to get on a high horse and say he's classless and all that nonsense.

Get some emotion in you ffs!

devilish

State of this.

You could'nt make it up.
there's no other ways to describe how he constantly acts. You'll think he's some sort of special manager who constantly delivers. Not someone whose sitting 7th in the EPL and whose most of his signings with us were pretty much failures.

CallyRed

Players celebrate in front of opposition fans all the time, Vardy for example.

When a manager does it people get all offended

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
there's no other ways to describe how he constantly acts. You'll think he's some sort of special manager who constantly delivers. Not someone whose sitting 7th in the EPL and whose most of his signings with us were pretty much failures.
Apart from Mkhi all his signings are still here. Some playing well currently. Jury is still out there, I know you want to be able to write them off already though to suit your agenda.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Why? Were they provocative to Jose ? Juve has always been a nice club with some brilliant fans and we have a good relationship. I have no clue why would he do it.

Did Allegri do the same in the first leg . Come on Jose .
They where singing feck you mourhino all game. They hate him from when he was at Inter.

Kemizee

These were two games of mutual respect. United for Ronaldo, Juve for Pogba.. tough out on the pitch, but lots of pats on the back and thumbs’ up. What Mourinho did was just petty and small time to be honest. Instead of applauding the United-fans for traveling to Italy, he gets told off by Bonucci and Dybala whilst being hauled off the pitch. That’s just embarrassing, it’s not like we won the final - they’ll easily win the group still.
Give me a break with this 'small time and classless rubbish'. I would do worse if I got the abuse he did over 2 games. He is a human being with emotions first and foremost.

SirAF

Ageist
Give me a break with this 'small time and classless rubbish'. I would do worse if I got the abuse he did over 2 games. He is a human being with emotions first and foremost.
It wasn’t even a particularly goading gesture :lol: any other manager and it wouldn’t have been mentioned at all.