Jose after the Juventus game

Can7onA

More like Mourinho against the world. I really don’t like his desire to be centre of attention all the time. Instead of talking about how brilliant Mata’s free kick & how brilliant Martial was we’re talking about a off the field incident.
He was on the field, boiling piss. :devil:

EyeInTheSky

Cretins? I'm on neither side in regards to José's celebration as i couldn't care less, but those that do aren't cretins. I see you post a lot of insulting things towards those that aren't a fan of José and there's no need really. Relax. I don't see why, differing opinions n all, we can't all get on and remain pleasant to one another.
Who said anything about non-jose fans? Stop jumping to conclusions. The cretins know who they are. You should relax and stop being paranoid if your not one of them.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I loved it. I prefer this Mourinho to any other. Don't care if it was due to Juve fans taunting him directly or not - that's the mentality our whole team needs. We've been a meme on-and-off for the last few years under Moyes, Van Gaal and at times Mourinho - its times like these in which I like the attitude "We're still here".

Follow this up with a City result and this could give the spark to our season.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Dick move from a manager with a cv absolutely stacked full of dick moves. I hated him when he did that knee slide when Porto knocked us out and his antics last night were even more classless. I’m not too fussed about it, mind you. We made a deal with the devil when he hired him. Pointless getting outraged over Mourinho doing what Mourinho does.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
whats good about it?
no class, never had, never will have.

Its who he is.If he's getting abuse thrown at him he's going to make sure he's going to throw it back.Basically he's standing up for himself.Heaven forbid that.
Crowds get away with so much in football.Singing some frankly sick,twisted shit and you want the people on the field just to brush it off ?
Some of the songs United fans sung about Wenger is more of a concern for me than a manager going onto the field and cupping his ears.

Edit: Even SAF told those supporters,who were given Wenger sick abuse,to stf up and they still did it unfortunately.

Last edited:

EyeInTheSky

I don't particularly care, it's just that I haven't seen anything resembling a 'crying cretin' on the forum after we beat Juve. The general feeling is one of joy and positivity, as it should be.
This thread is about Jose after the match and the hand to ear gesture that (and I repeat) made the cretins cry. Saying things Like "filth" and another shite about it. You might not be in the right thread.

Because apparently putting your hand to your ear is classless and filth but insulting his family on mass for 2 legs and posters calling him a "cancer" and "Toxic" and "cnut" and x,y,z is the pinnacle of sophistication.

This is who I am referring to alongside the bitters in the press and all those who support them.

worldinmotion66

Are you even United fans?

Sir Alex Ferguson has done worse/said worse in the past.

Some of the people in this thread criticsing Mourinho for this is ridiculous. You are all pathetic with your hate/dislike of Mourinho that you all just want to use anything to criticise the manager.

We get it, you don’t want Mourinho managing United, but to slag him off for stuff like this when SAF has acted worse than this on many occassions is stupid.
A dignified manager that puts the club ahead of his own agenda or ego would have congratulated his players and shown his gratitude to the real United fans that had travelled to the game. God forbid someone has a different opinion to you of how the club we all love should be run, managed and represented.

Some of us clearly hold tradition, integrity and morality in higher regard than others. You can call us traditionalists, romancers or whatever, but don't question our support or just presume we are all anti-Mourinho.

Smores

It's interesting as I'm fairly certain that if any of our players did this after getting abuse from fans all game then no one would care.

It's certainly not a classy action but some are way over the top in here and only care because it lets them have a good old moan

Smores

More like Mourinho against the world. I really don’t like his desire to be centre of attention all the time. Instead of talking about how brilliant Mata’s free kick & how brilliant Martial was we’re talking about a off the field incident.
Odd because there's threads talking about both those subjects and yet you haven't posted in either :houllier:

Canagel

A dignified manager that puts the club ahead of his own agenda or ego would have congratulated his players and shown his gratitude to the real United fans that had travelled to the game. God forbid someone has a different opinion to you of how the club we all love should be run, managed and represented.

Some of us clearly hold tradition, integrity and morality in higher regard than others. You can call us traditionalists, romancers or whatever, but don't question our support or just presume we are all anti-Mourinho.
I guess this is why Sir Bobby didn't want him to be the manager.
Even Scholes a club legend was critical.

el3mel

Some here care about the feeling of the Juve fans and players after such gesture than they care about our manager or players getting abuse by such fans it's so odd.

There're really some who imagine football as Utopian world.

Instead of feeling hurt for Juve fans getting this gesture thrown at them, perhaps we should care about our manager getting abuse by such fans through 180 minutes ?

Denis' cuff

I guess this is why Sir Bobby didn't want him to be the manager.
Even Scholes a club legend was critical.

Pair of miserable cnuts

Never mind FFP. Cupping your ear is an outrage and uefa should come down hard on him. (Probably will) It could spread. Where is the dignified leadership shown by Pep and horseteeth?

EireRed_GS

its just Jose being Jose.. nothing much more. Everyone knows what he's like, not really surprising. Im not the biggest fan of his behaviour but don't see the big problems with this.

What i don't like, after a good result, is making it all about him again. Happened a few times now. The players deserve the spotlight

Canagel

Pair of miserable cnuts

Never mind FFP. Cupping your ear is an outrage and uefa should come down hard on him. (Probably will) It could spread. Where is the dignified leadership shown by Pep and horseteeth?
Personally I don't care either way, but it's funny he doesn't like it when others do it to him.

RedDevil@84

People acting as if they are seeing Jose for the first time.
He acts like a cnut and is a feckin hypocrite with many of his talk about respect.

Two days down the line, he might even say it was not his proudest moment. One year after, he will say he has matured and is now beyond all this.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Some here care about the feeling of the Juve fans and players after such gesture than they care about our manager or players getting abuse by such fans it's so odd.

Instead of feeling hurt for Juve fans getting this gesture thrown at them, perhaps we should care about our manager getting abuse by such fans through 180 minutes?
I don't feel sorry for the Juve fans or Jose. Why should we?

A man Jose's his position (manager of the biggest football club on the planet) would expect an element of abuse from opposition supporters, particularly Juve fans who despise him with an undying passion. They went a little over the top with the family stuff, but nothing Jose will lose sleep over.

And if there are any long-term effects of the abuse, I'm sure he will make a dramatic recovery upon checking his pay packet at the end of the week. The Juve fans will still be pining over this loss this time next year.

Sterling Archer

I loved it. I prefer this Mourinho to any other. Don't care if it was due to Juve fans taunting him directly or not - that's the mentality our whole team needs. We've been a meme on-and-off for the last few years under Moyes, Van Gaal and at times Mourinho - its times like these in which I like the attitude "We're still here".

Follow this up with a City result and this could give the spark to our season.
Absolutely. I don't think we should hinge on the City result but dayumm how sweet that would be, especially after all the leaks.

el3mel

I don't feel sorry for the Juve fans or Jose. Why should we?

A man Jose's his position (manager of the biggest football club on the planet) would expect an element of abuse from opposition supporters, particularly Juve fans who despise him with an undying passion. They went a little over the top with the family stuff, but nothing Jose will lose sleep over.

And if there are any long-term effects of the abuse, I'm sure he will make a dramatic recovery upon checking his pay packet at the end of the week. The Juve fans will still be pining over this loss this time next year.
He's our manager.

As long as he's our manager I'll care for him more than the opposition fans.

I won't like United manager to get abused or insulted by opposition fans.

Steven7290

Instead of feeling hurt for Juve fans getting this gesture thrown at them, perhaps we should care about our manager getting abuse by such fans through 180 minutes ?
No they don't. The only thing they care about is how classless Jose is and how many days left until we can get rid of our own manager. But hey, club before anyone etc etc.

worldinmotion66

Pair of miserable cnuts

I don't think it's necessarily the gesture itself, more so the manager repeatedly making the headlines for the wrong reasons, the attention being diverted from the players, the attitude of self preservation and narcissism, the audacity of his hypocrisy etc

In my opinion, his character and behaviour isn't befitting of our club, and this is just another example. It may not be that big of a deal, I'm not overly concerned about the Juventus fans given all the abuse they've hurled his way. But I think his actions are a little "small time" and belittling when they really have no reason to be.

Perhaps it's just a ploy to keep the players out of the media spotlight ahead of the big derby game, who knows?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
He's our manager.

As long as he's our manager I'll care for him more than the opposition fans.

I won't like United manager to get abused or insulted by opposition fans.
Why care for the opposition fans at all? If they can give it they can take it. There is nothing like a healthy dose of banter between fans to increase the atmosphere of a stadium.

When both sets of fans start holding hands together and singing Kum Ba Yah in unison is when we need to worry.

el3mel

Why care for the opposition fans at all? If they can give it they can take it. There is nothing like a healthy dose of banter between fans to increase the atmosphere of a stadium.

When both sets of fans start holding hands together and singing Kum Ba Yah in unison is when we need to worry.
That's not disagreeing with my point though. Definitely agree. I was saying we shouldn't give a feck about Juve fans being butthurt by what Mourinho did.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Who said anything about non-jose fans? Stop jumping to conclusions. The cretins know who they are. You should relax and stop being paranoid if your not one of them.
Well, the ones that have a problem with it are pretty much the fans who aren't keen on José, and the "anti mourinho brigade" as it's been deemed are constantly getting insults and patronising comments thrown at them all the time now. I just think that we should try and get along because whether you're José in or José out, we all support and want what's best for United.

Having read your other post above, I completely agree that calling José a "cancer" and the like is uncalled for. I've been José out longer than most but have no problem with the man himself.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
This thread is about Jose after the match and the hand to ear gesture that (and I repeat) made the cretins cry. Saying things Like "filth" and another shite about it. You might not be in the right thread.

Because apparently putting your hand to your ear is classless and filth but insulting his family on mass for 2 legs and posters calling him a "cancer" and "Toxic" and "cnut" and x,y,z is the pinnacle of sophistication.

This is who I am referring to alongside the bitters in the press and all those who support them.
Jose was sent death threats in the mail on a daily basis when he was Juve manager by all accounts, yet he lives on. The stuff about his family is relatively tame by comparison.

I think it's a bit harsh to call fellow fans of the club cretins because they do not share your opinion on what is acceptable behaviour and what is not.

Last edited:

Mihai

There's no wrong in that. Let the media focus on Jose's antics while the players carry on with their jobs.

Maticmaker

Another post match action from Jose to give the 'snowflakes' something to be offended by!
Nothing to do with United really, the crowd had been haranguing Jose all through the match because of his past association with Inter, his reaction was fairly moderate, but walking on to the pitch immediately afterwards, was perhaps not the wisest thing to have done?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
That's not disagreeing with my point though. Definitely agree. I was saying we shouldn't give a feck about Juve fans being butthurt by what Mourinho did.
I love how Mourinho reacted at the end of the game, it was a reminder of the man he used to be; one of confidence, assuredness and self-belief, a stark contrast to the guy who whines incessantly to the press over a lack of transfer market funding, or the guy who publically condemns individual players after a poor team performance etc.

The Jose we saw last night was the Jose we always wanted at the club.

el3mel

I love how Mourinho reacted at the end of the game, it was a reminder of the man he used to be; one of confidence, assuredness and self-belief, a stark contrast to the guy who whines incessantly to the press over a lack of transfer market funding, or the guy who publically condemns individual players after a poor team performance etc.

The Jose we saw last night was the Jose we always wanted at the club.
Yep I agree. Hopefully he stays like this and don't revert back to his defeatist attitude he showed earlier this season. Being confident yourself as a manager will reflect on the players confidence at the end.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
There's no wrong in that. Let the media focus on Jose's antics while the players carry on with their jobs.
Yep and gloss over that Pogba was pretty shite. I’d rather he didn’t go into some Brendan Rodgers style gush.

Conor

You'd want to be a very sad individual not to enjoy that reaction from Jose last night.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I'm not sure I can envisage a scenario anymore where everyone on the Caf can just celebrate together. We've more agendas on the go than Rawk at this stage. Who knew a last gasp Champions League victory over Juve could be so divisive.
Who knew we could get a last gasp Champions League victory and fans be SO miserable.

I don't mind the anti Jose brigade who say they don't like his style of football (I have an issue with some team selections), but there are some (few obvious ones on here) that will slag off Jose regardless. Petty.