Jose Mourinho | 2017/18 Assessments | Poll Added

Your stance

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
This was the type of game that his philosophy suited to the ground. Must not lose. Be safe. Keep an 8 point gap at the minimum.

What does he do? Start 5 attackers.

Idiot.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Smalling and Jones need to be gotten rid of once and for all. Both are a pile of shite.

Fracture90

For someone who's one of the top managers around, it's quite shocking the amount of times he gets his team selection and tactics horribly wrong.

flappyjay

Did mourinho get Sanchez because he needed him or did he want to stop Pep from getting him. Because it looks like our right wing woes are to continue. Thought that side of the pitch was sorted. We should have just went for Mahrez in my opinion. Now we have Martial who has been in form and plays well from the left and our best attacker in Sanchez who prefers the left too.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
This was the type of game that his philosophy suited to the ground. Must not lose. Be safe. Keep an 8 point gap at the minimum.

Idiot.
The fact we've started a ton of attackers doesn't strike me as the main problem, I'd say it's the fact Spurs are dominating the game in spite of the fact we're the ones chasing them from behind. Mostly devoid of ideas in an attacking sense tonight, and the poor defensive performances haven't necessarily been as a result of our setup.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Idiot.
So strange. I was expecting him to keep it compact. Then we get this. Was he on something when he picked the team?

I’d have rather we go out there like we did at Anfield. We’ve been embarrassed tonight.

finneh

I'm usually an ardent supporter of Mourinho's. However I've never seen him make such frequent and basic tactical errors as he's made numerous times today.

From start to finish he's been atrocious. Starting a two man midfield; starting Young whose only just come back and hasn't looked match fit over the impressive Shaw; taking off Lingard who was our most impressive attacker; leaving the statuesque Lukaku on the pitch when he's caused them zero problems all game; putting the positionally inept Fellaini on to cover for the positionally (today) inept Matic, then having to redress the situation 5 minutes later wasting a sub. Taking off Pogba when the solution was to shore us up.defensively to allow him to focus on creating.

We should have finished with Lingard, Pogba, Rashford and Sanchez as our attacking four. We ended up with only one of them on the pitch.

Womp

idiot
Don't know why he decided to change his tactics so drastically. He figured out a way to beat Spurs, just as we did earlier in the season. Keep it tight, hit them on the break. No need to go away from home with basically no defensive cover. No matter how good your attack is, they can't build anything worth while if your defence is getting peppered.

Roboc7

Tactics totally wrong today, we will lose these type of games over and over again with a two man midfield.

walkinhop

First of all, pathetic. Really outsmarted and outplayed today.
However, i'd rather look forward than backwards and so ask myself. Will he learn from this?
Shit happens but you'd expect a top coach to be able to dissect the game and improve.
If he continues being naive against these specific teams, his seat should seriously be threatened. Why? Because we are a top club and need to do better against our peers.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He got it wrong. All managers do on occasion. I'm sure we will react accordingly in the next games.

PepsiCola

Chelsea and Liverpool are supposed shambles.. they're 3 points behind us.

But any other season we'd be top?

Minimalist

He got it wrong. All managers do on occasion. I'm sure we will react accordingly in the next games.
More than an occasion since he joined.

Writing was on the wall with the performance at Anfield, then the pathetic effort against City in our home stadium.

Has to be better than this.

Baxter

Yep, it’s an absolute myth. Just over 2 points again gets you nowhere near usually.

Absolute garbage to start Young. Should’ve played another mad in midfield. Did the players no favours, but almost every single one of them has underperformed.

Kapardin

We are a shambles too. We are lethargic, Chelsea are toothless and Liverpool are defensively awful. No wonder we are all thick as thieves in the table.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
More than an occasion since he joined.

Writing was on the wall with the performance at Anfield, then the pathetic effort against City in our home stadium.

Has to be better than this.
He was fine at Anfield. He got a point when other sides get their arses handed to them at that ground. Liverpool had conceded one goal in like 14 at that period too on their ground.

City wasn't pathetic at all. No Pogba and the difference was unforced errors. City created hardly any clear chances, unlike today.

Il blame him for sure on this. No way on the others though.

Womp

idiot

Chelsea were just convincingly beaten by Bournemouth, Liverpool by the worst team in the league only a few days ago. So yes, I'd say their situation is a little worse than ours.

That being said, we still have a lot to fix. This two man midfield doesn't work in these big games, especially against teams with 3 at the back.

Eddy_JukeZ

Mourinho's big game magic is gone.

We've been terrible in the majority of them since he's been here.

Hopefully it gets better, because I don't know if it can get worse. I thought our performance today was eerily similar to last season's capitulation against Chelsea at the Bridge.

JohnnyLaw

Completely thrown the game today. He could've made a few measured adjustments in order to work our way back into the game. Instead he wastes another 15 minutes only to then get emotional and in one swoop slit the throat of his own team by eliminating the only link between defence and attack we had in Pogba and Lingard. What the feck was the idea behind that?

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Shit tactics. Doesnt excuse the performance. Absolute shambles in defence. Its not like his tactics condemned us to a loss. Still shocking that we didnt set up with 3 in the midfield. Probably the worst game all round Mourinho and players included. Hopefully he learns but he hasnt shown that he will.

el3mel

We should never play this 4-2-3-1 against ant top side again. Terrible and unbalanced formation. Matic doesn't have the legs to hold the midfield on his own and Pogba is a disaster defensively in this formation. Works only against midtable clubs.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He was fine at Anfield. He got a point when other sides get their arses handed to them at that ground. Liverpool had conceded one goal in like 14 at that period too on their ground.

City wasn't pathetic at all. No Pogba and the difference was unforced errors. City created hardly any clear chances, unlike today.

Our away record in the big games since he arrived has been genuinely mediocre though. Arsenal was a welcome respite but then they're by far the weakest of the top six right now. Against sides around us in the table he doesn't seem particularly capable of getting anything more than a draw most of the time. And I know most top sides aren't going to consistently win away from home but it's the fact we hardly do so at all under Mou that's the problem.

Minimalist

Agree to disagree. Couldn't be arsed arguing.

I think the pattern with Mourinho is pretty crystal clear at this stage.

Noir

So it's the managers fault for going one down at 10 seconds and it's the managers fault if almost none of our players can string two passes together?

izec

I dont know whats the plan. He is spending money on players, but doesnt use them properly and changes and chops from game to game. He still doesnt know what to do in the big games. He doesnt sit back, but we also dont seem to be able to create anything when needed. We are somewhere in the middle, not defending and not attacking and cant get a grip on the game at all. Against the lesser sides, the team is too good to lose, but in the big games, you can see that we have a lot of problems and our weaknesses get exploited.

Axkiko

Pogba was excellent on Everton game in 3 Man midfielder setup. And this guy Jose Mourinho using him against Spurs with 2 man midfielder. What the hell is he smoking? Also, Smalling should never starts for United again. Brainless defender

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts

Wha? They were horrible at that moment

Paul_Scholes18

We just press so poor as a team. I liked us going with a more attacking team, but then we need to press better and we had the players to do it. We just let other teams keep the ball far too easy and we can't get any pressure on them.

Yagami

Good post resistant
So it's the managers fault for going one down at 10 seconds and it's the managers fault if almost none of our players can string two passes together?
When every player is underperforming it's on the manager. When, 9 times out of 10, we look out of our depth against the better teams that's on the manager, too.

Ainu

If it keeps happening in big games despite a couple of windows of heavy spending (not the 10 seconds thing), fingers need to start pointing at the manager. Who else?

Welbeckham

The second one is definitely his fault. There something wrong with the manager (of his resources) if his team looks constantly technically clueless. First one is debatable but our players don't seem to have grown in confidence after Mourinho has came in.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Pogba was excellent on Everton game in 3 Man midfielder setup. And this guy Jose Mourinho using him against Spurs with 2 man midfielder. What the hell is he smoking? Also, Smalling should never starts for United again. Brainless defender
Its bizarre.

Jose goes for a three man midfield against an average Everton team, then goes to Spurs and plays a two man midfield knowing Pogba will go wandering.

He says there aren't many left backs better than Shaw, then drops him for Young who gets run ragged down our left all night (including for Spurs' goals).

He has Alexis, who spent three years as a right winger at Barca, on the pitch but moves Martial to the right.

Just baffling. 0/10 for Mourinho for this game and I'm a massive fan of his.

Made a right mess of it today.

- invited pressure on our defence with defenders who can't pass.
- two man midfield when it was obvious this was a game for three.
- shunted our in form player out of position for a player who had played one competitive game for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.