Jose Mourinho | 2017/18 Assessments | Poll Added

Your stance

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

E-mal

I think we need to get Neymar, Mbappe to pair with Sanchez in a front 3 before we can win against Newcastle.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
He's making mistakes. But I hate how we seem to be to only team in the PL that needs 1000 chances before we can score. Pathetic from the players, too. No will to win and we've seen it twice in 10 days. We saw glimpses of this before Mourinho and we're seeing it again.

Nick.

I'm not sure why we gave him a new contract. Could it not wait until the summer and we could evaluate how he did?

Also in his post match interview he keeps talking about the "football gods". It's nothing to do with that, we gave them a free man at a set-piece and they scored.

He's not actually done that great since he came here but of course somebody will give a smart arse answer or a laughing emoji in response, such is the state of this site.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
No he hasn't. Sanchez hasn't hit his best yet but his quality is evident. Not sure Mourinho's really done much to neuter him.
The attack has some really quality players who look like they just formed a team at the park. That cohesion is the job of the manager. You can see it when you watch Liverpool, City or Spurs.

Castia

He keeps playing this shitty 4321 formation that doesn’t suit most of our players (namely the midfield both Pogba and Matic don’t look comfortable in a 2) it’s fecking awful.

He’s got the players now there’s no excuse, win or lose we should be playing better than the shit he’s serving up at the moment.

Why does he pick Smalling and Jones together they’re fecking useless. Shaw plays well then gets dropped. Just fecking shite, it feels like we could have Messi and Ronaldo and still struggle.

slored1

Why has he changed the lineup? Why no Mata and Martial having to play in his least comfortable position? Why continue to play Pogba in two man midfield? Poor and inexcusable.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
He's honestly not very good anymore. I don't care about his past reputation - aside from the Europa League win he hasn't been much better for us than LvG.

That contract extension was mad and I'm starting to lose faith in the structure and direction of this club.

Zoo

I wish he would shut up about winning awards for his behaviour and taking on other managers and focus on building a proper team. People aren’t going to put up with this non-existent style for long.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
The attack has some really quality players who look like they just formed a team at the park. That cohesion is the job of the manager. You can see it when you watch Liverpool, City or Spurs.
I agree cohesion is the job of the manager - I don't think there's been much wrong with Sanchez since he joined though. Looked like our best player today whenever he was involved and was unlucky not to score.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I was against appointing him but to be honest things haven't yet gone the way I feared. We're not great and I don't think he'll make us great but I think as long as he doesn't create any huge issues with the players he's offering a level of stability we did not have with the two previous managers and we should probably stick rather than twist, for the time being.

Hawks2008

He's past it now. Doesn't know how to get the best out of this squad and his whole strategy turns to shit against teams who apply only a bit of pressure.

L1nk

People were arguing with me that I was stupid to say we don't look coached tactically in an attacking sense. 'of course we are what a stupid thing to say', if this result doesn't prove it to you then look at how awful our attacking play is and how it's no better with Sanchez in the team, he dumps the players out there and hopes for individual brilliance, every time, we virtually create nothing from anything that looks even remotely orchestrated and it's why we end up losing when say, Martial, doesn't show up. Don't worry, just give another 200mill and he will fix this.

Midfield is non existant, players bumping into each other, getting in each others way, i could go on but it's laughably shambolic out there at times. Constantly insists on a 2 man midfield with Pogba, knowing Mourinho, to try and prove some point that he can make it work when it's obvious that it isn't.

We have a great group of players here, the core of which is young and talented, we can't afford to be wasting these players on the likes of Mourinho, get a good attacking manager in whilst we still have the chance and they are available, the thought of being stuck with Mourinho for a few more years whilst the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and Bayern move onto great, young, talented, attack minded managers really annoys me when the signs are there for all to see that it isn't working here. We're 2nd, just barely, but it's not because we've been good, it's because De Gea has pulled a few worldies to keep us in matches and the other top teams around us have had a poor season.

walkinhop

He's making mistakes. But I hate how we seem to be to only team in the PL that needs 1000 chances before we can score. Pathetic from the players, too. No will to win and we've seen it twice in 10 days. We saw glimpses of this before Mourinho and we're seeing it again.
Who do you think does the man-management? Lukaku's been shite for months, yet the message the players get is that it doesn't matter how bad you are.

Aint gota Kalou

Second time this season he's expected an injured player to defend a high ball when they look like they can't physically jump.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He went the next year after signing an extension at Inter, Real and Chelsea's 2 stint. Right the next year after signing new contract.
Ah, I didn't remember that. I think it's fair to say we aren't as trigger happy as the others, though, which sounds strange considering we sacked our previous two managers but we do wait until the worst possible scenario before the sack happens. Hopefully we don't wait this time if things don't improve.

Ace of Spades

The lack of cohesion has been apparent for a long time before this, the problems in our game are very obvious and there have been no improvements.

There are areas that can be improved in the team, but if we keep playing the same way we have been so far, then we won't be winning the league or the CL under him, not with this type of football.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I agree cohesion is the job of the manager - I don't think there's been much wrong with Sanchez since he joined though. Looked like our best player today whenever he was involved and was unlucky not to score.
The way to get your best attacking players into space is also part of the offensive coaching. We play so many 1-2s that should put players through but don't come off because players are not on the same page, its almost like they don't practice anything attacking wise. Sanchez and Martial get the ball with a defender on their backs and another cutting off the next forward pass. Its almost silly how difficult it looks.

Roboc7

Poor tactics and poor substitutions, going to be a real battle to finish in top four and without a tactical rethink I don’t see any progression going forward.

Minimalist

If he finishes in the top four - fine. But I've given up feeling hopeful about the future under his management. That's might read a bit dramatic but what I mean is, I don't expect even with 'better' players he's going to get us challenging for the title or CL.

He's had achievements, both trophies and his way of management has resulted in a solid enough side.

But the attack has been sub-standard since he joined. He's been here too long now for us not to have seen an improvement.

Teams with lesser quality attack with better consistency.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I was against appointing him but to be honest things haven't yet gone the way I feared. We're not great and I don't think he'll make us great but I think as long as he doesn't create any huge issues with the players he's offering a level of stability we did not have with the two previous managers and we should probably stick rather than twist, for the time being.
In a weird way he's almost been more like what LVG was expected to be - quite unremarkable but a stabilising influence who's improved us without making us particularly great. I don't think he should go at all but when you consider his past reputation I can understand why a lot of people find him incredibly underwhelming.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Who do you think does the man-management? Lukaku's been shite for months, yet the message the players get is that it doesn't matter how bad you are.
I've no idea what goes on during training, half time talks etc. but there's obviously something wrong - managers and players, everyone is to blame. There's something so rotten at the core of this club and the stat Sky showed illustrates this - since 2014, we've won 1 away game in which we conceded first. Gone are the days where you felt going down 1-0 worked in our favour.

R'hllor

Its time to stop adding buckets of boiling water in our pool filled with ice cold water and start heating water in the pool first before adding anything, if he knows how.

MDFC Manager

People were arguing with me that I was stupid to say we don't look coached tactically in an attacking sense. 'of course we are what a stupid thing to say', if this result doesn't prove it to you then look at how awful our attacking play is and how it's no better with Sanchez in the team, he dumps the players out there and hopes for individual brilliance, every time, we virtually create nothing from anything that looks even remotely orchestrated and it's why we end up losing when say, Martial, doesn't show up. Don't worry, just give another 200mill and he will fix this.
Does it look like we're coached tactically in any part of the pitch? Let alone by (probably) the best paid manager in the world?

Toad

How come, do you have a video
Was on sky sports, just saying how Newcastle played like animal, shit about the football gods, having a bit of a joke and smirking. No mention of being disappointed. I may be overreacting but I’d rather he said how shit our tactics and team was today.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Very poor set up from him, team just lacks balance in this set up.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
In a weird way he's almost been more like what LVG was expected to be - quite unremarkable but a stabilising influence who's improved us without making us particularly great. I don't think he should go at all but when you consider his past reputation I can understand why a lot of people find him incredibly underwhelming.
Yeah, I'd agree with all that.

Dr. StrangeHate

State of this post.
We never even compete againgst the top teams let alone beat them. Every away game (even against championship level opposition) is a struggle. We start the season decent and then fall off a cliff later on in the league. One and a half years is enough to judge what he can do for this team. We might win a league again under him if Pep leaves. We will never win the champions league or try to compete against the top teams especially away.

I can bet you liverpool fans are happier sitting lower in the league playing attacking football.

reddaz71

I was very much pro Mourinho but looking at the way he sets the team up,the attitude of the players,the defeats at Huddersfield and Newcastle as well as Bristol City has put doubts in my mind as to is he actually the right man to take us where we should be,on the evidence of those 3 games then the answer has to be no!!

ash_86

Our team has no identity whatsoever and its 100% due to the manager. Each player plays for himself selfishly and wouldn't want to help each other. If we finishe outside top 3 he should be sacked and we should go for Mopo. With this loss, its a real possibility.

Canagel

Our team has no identity whatsoever and its 100% due to the manager. Each player plays for himself selfishly and wouldn't want to help each other. If he finishes outside top 3 he should be sacked and we should go for Mopo. With this loss, its a real possibility.
Who's Mopo?

Ban

Was on sky sports, just saying how Newcastle played like animal, shit about the football gods, having a bit of a joke and smirking. No mention of being disappointed. I may be overreacting but I’d rather he said how shit our tactics and team was today.
I'm sure he's disappointed, just didn't say it.

walkinhop

I've no idea what goes on during training, half time talks etc. but there's obviously something wrong - managers and players, everyone is to blame. There's something so rotten at the core of this club and the stat Sky showed illustrates this - since 2014, we've won 1 away game in which we conceded first. Gone are the days where you felt going down 1-0 worked in our favour.
Consequences. It's that simple. If there are none, we'll continue to rot.

Status
Not open for further replies.