Jose Mourinho | 2017/18 Assessments | Poll Added

Your stance

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
More? Barely. Spurs are outside of a Champions League spot and Liverpool are just a point ahead of you (with a game extra played). You're all still in the Champions League.
I mean relatively. Yes we are just ahead of them playing a foam more ugly brand of football with a better squad. This team shouldn't be 16 points behind City and this team should be playing much better than it is...much much better.

Hawks2008

This Chelsea game is huge. A win and we keep our head above water as far as second place goes and a confidence boost for the team. A loss and we go a point away from 5th place and then things could begin to implode. Last year at home Mourinho was too smart for Conte (IMO our best match under him so far), so let's hope he's got another trick up his sleeve.

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
Even if we look back at the performances over the last 10 games, they've only recently dropped off and there's nothing to suggest we can't improve. Sanchez being introduced and Pogba's reported illness have set the team back but if both issues can be resolved, I don't see why we can't beat Chelsea tomorrow or Sevilla in three weeks.
You keep confusing results with how we're playing. This isn't a 5 match issues, 10 match issue, it's been like this for the majority of the season season.

Again, if what you care about is results and results alone then it's easy to understand that you are shocked that questions are being asked.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
You keep confusing results with how we're playing. This isn't a 5 match issues, 10 match issue, it's been like this for the majority of the season season.

Again, if what you care about is results and results alone then it's easy to understand that you are shocked that questions are being asked.
No, it hasn't. This is just bullshit that you and several other posters have made up. We've been inconsistent, yes. But this doesn't extend to the entire season. In fact, we've more or less been good to very good against every non top 6 team (70-80% of our games). Our worst games have been Tottenham (away), City (Home) and Liverpool (away). The have been a couple of other disjointed performances however for most of this season we've been very good hence why we're level or ahead of every other team posters on redcafe cream over. Then we were excellent in the CL, good up until the BC game in the EFL cup and very good in the FA cup - opponents have been shit but the performances have been mostly good.

We're just going to have to disagree because your side of this boring argument does not seem to compromise anywhere. For you guys, we're either shit or we're not. It's a tedious debate and I have nothing more to add. Personally, I'll wait till the end of the season to make my judgments.

Di Maria's angel

Results: 7/10

Performances/attacking: 4/10
If you could answer one question for me, how (or why) do you think we've been able to score almost as many goals as Tottenham and Arsenal? Across this season we've scored 80 goals. How does a team with no cohesion, plan or attack style manage to rack up decent numbers?

Hitchez

If you could answer one question for me, how (or why) do you think we've been able to score almost as many goals as Tottenham and Arsenal? Across this season we've scored 80 goals. How does a team with no cohesion, plan or attack style manage to rack up decent numbers?
Because Individually we have some fantastic players. That's not to say there's been zero work done on cohesion or attack style but it seems quite clear we are less than the sum of parts as far as our attack is concerned. Also, I'd say we were fine at the start of the season. It's only been in the last couple of months that the attack has gone to shite.

Greck

300Mil spent and we're celebrating being able to match Arsenal and Tottenham's goal tally

Borden

No, it hasn't. This is just bullshit that you and several other posters have made up. We've been inconsistent, yes. But this doesn't extend to the entire season. In fact, we've more or less been good to very good against every non top 6 team (70-80% of our games). Our worst games have been Tottenham (away), City (Home) and Liverpool (away). The have been a couple of other disjointed performances however for most of this season we've been very good hence why we're level or ahead of every other team posters on redcafe cream over. Then we were excellent in the CL, good up until the BC game in the EFL cup and very good in the FA cup - opponents have been shit but the performances have been mostly good.

We're just going to have to disagree because your side of this boring argument does not seem to compromise anywhere. For you guys, we're either shit or we're not. It's a tedious debate and I have nothing more to add. Personally, I'll wait till the end of the season to make my judgments.
Oh I'm sure you'll be back soon enough to furiously proclaim that everyone needs to calm the feck down.

cyberman

@royboy16
It hasn't even waited until tomorrow. Theres been bitching and moaning since Liverpool scored their 3rd today

L1nk

Let's boil it down simply and say that most of our goals came from the series of 4 goals we scored in a few matches this season, which was against Swansea, West Ham, Everton, Crystal Palace, Newcastle, Watford, teams we should be comfortably beating anyway and we did due to vastly superior individual players on the pitch.

The only decent game against top opposition in the league we had was against Arsenal, and even then after we did well we had to have De Gea bail us out with some terrific saves again.

MThomas

It's already been answered several times over the past few pages, can't be that difficult to read plain text ?

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
5/10.

We’re still inside the top four and the Champions League, which is the bare minimum of what’s acceptable. If we drop outside the top four, and fail to do something of significance beyond beating Sevilla in the CL, the jig is up.

In other words, some important games coming up, with regards to his future at the club. I didn’t think he’d be able to arrest the slide we saw after the City game, but he found a way to pick up the necessary points then. Hopefully he can repeat that now, but I’m anything but certain.

MThomas

You've spent your last 5 posts in here stating that it's nothing wrong with our attacking football because of the results on the last 5 matches, then you threw in the last 10 matches. It's hardly a surprise that you're unable to correctly analyze the way we're playing. Not to mention the matches you throw in as our worst. You needed quite some time to understand the issues with Mkhi's performances as well, but you finally got there, so maybe some day you'll understand the issues with our attacking football.

dove

He is doing OK. Some of you underrate the mess he inherited from Moyes and LVG. Instead of buying 7 mediocre players we go for 3-4 world class players (at least on paper) which is good. Some of you won't admit but football improved as well since LVG. If you want a reminder, go watch any match from 2 seasons ago. And please don't even say total BS like "I would prefer finishing 10th but playing entertaining football than finishing 2nd playing this". Total nonsense. My only worry is that Mou's mood became visibly better in press conferences and interview since he renewed his contract. Now it's not a bad thing but I just hope it's not because now he is guaranteed a good pay check.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If we can have a poll on something as obvious as whether or not we should keep hold of Martial, why can't we have a poll on a far more divisive issue - the manager? Is it tactical to not have one? To not create a fuss and feed the journos who are lurking on the Caf? @Damien what say you?

Di Maria's angel

You've spent your last 5 posts in here stating that it's nothing wrong with our attacking football because of the results on the last 5 matches, then you threw in the last 10 matches. It's hardly a surprise that you're unable to correctly analyze the way we're playing. Not to mention the matches you throw in as our worst. You needed quite some time to understand the issues with Mkhi's performances as well, but you finally got there, so maybe some day you'll understand the issues with our attacking football.
It's odd that instead of reading a post, you'd rather start mildly insulting someone. That, too, over the internet with some random person. Sort your life out.

Andersons Dietician

If we can have a poll on something as obvious as whether or not we should keep hold of Martial, why can't we have a poll on a far more divisive issue - the manager? Is it tactical to not have one? To not create a fuss and feed the journos who are lurking on the Caf? @Damien what say you?
The stock answer you’ll get is it’s best not to do a poll when everyone is down or after a bad result. Midweek was a draw in the champions league so maybe you’ll get a poll.

Di Maria's angel

300Mil spent and we're celebrating being able to match Arsenal and Tottenham's goal tally
No one's celebrating. Most of you who have replied are literally making up bullshit to force your point.

I've not said we have no problems.
I'm not celebrating our season.
I've literally posted once asking people to calm down a little and all of a sudden, I'm going to be here again next week "proclaiming" the same thing.

Do you people even read anything or spend your entire time on here fecking bitching?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The stock answer you’ll get is it’s best not to do a poll when everyone is down or after a bad result. Midweek was a draw in the champions league so maybe you’ll get a poll.
Hope so. Been waiting for one since the backlash against Jose around the holiday period.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
6/10 on his time at Man United so far. Not bad, not great but pretty good.

The timing of Man City's great season really hasn't helped.
It's not even about City. We're playing some of the most horrible football out there. That has nothing to do with City.

diplomat

If we don't win tomorrow people can't use the 'But we're second in the league' reasoning.

Interesting
They'll still use the fact we finished 6th last season, so anything apart from 5th will be "progress" in their eyes. Even though it's Jose's fault we finished 6th, considering the season before that LVG had us 5th and on the same points as the 4th placed team - City. So using the logic of league positions, we regressed in Mourinho's first season.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think it’s probably quite 50/50 probably some who couldn’t really care either if he left or stayed.
Yeah, that's what I'd like to get a sense of. If the categories were
A) Top class manager half way through a major rebuild
B) Made improvements, worrying signs, needs another transfer window
C) Should go if we miss out on x,y,z this season
D) Hate our style, he's ruining our most talented players, sign an attack-minded manager

I would guess there'd be 10% in group A, maybe 50% in group B, so overall slightly more positive. But there are a lot of people in group D lately...

Rajma

Yeah, that's what I'd like to get a sense of. If the categories were
A) Top class manager half way through a major rebuild
B) Made improvements, worrying signs, needs another transfer window
C) Should go if we miss out on x,y,z this season
D) Hate our style, he's ruining our most talented players, sign an attack-minded manager

I would guess there'd be 10% in group A, maybe 50% in group B, so overall slightly more positive. But there are a lot of people in group D lately...
You’re totally off, largest proportion would fall under C category.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
They'll still use the fact we finished 6th last season, so anything apart from 5th will be "progress" in their eyes. Even though it's Jose's fault we finished 6th, considering the season before that LVG had us 5th and on the same points as the 4th placed team - City. So using the logic of league positions, we regressed in Mourinho's first season.
And you don't think playing Europa League football had any effect on our league position? The league position didn't matter in the end anyway, we won the EL and gained CL qualification through that. We were never winning the league last season so I could give a feck where we finished. Would take two trophies over finishing top four any day of the week. We didn't regress under Mourinho we improved by winning two trophies and playing much better football.

diplomat

And you don't think playing Europa League football had any effect on our league position? The league position didn't matter in the end anyway, we won the EL and gained CL qualification through that. We were never winning the league last season so I could give a feck where we finished. Would take two trophies over finishing top four any day of the week. We didn't regress under Mourinho we improved by winning two trophies and playing much better football.
Stop re-writing history. We went all in the EL because we were so shite in the EPL and had no real chance to finish in the top 4. LVG won us the FA cup and was sacked the same night, so trophies obviously don't mean everything.

And if the EL didn't give a CL spot? Jose would have been sacked for finishing 6th, just like Moyes was when we had no mathematical chance of a top 4 position.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Stop re-writing history. We went all in the EL because we were so shite in the EPL and had no real chance to finish in the top 4. LVG won us the FA cup and was sacked the same night, so trophies obviously don't mean everything.

And if the EL didn't give a CL spot? Jose would have been sacked for finishing 6th, just like Moyes was when we had no mathematical chance of a top 4 position.
It's two ways to look at the same period. Neither is re-writing history, your opinion isn't fact. I favour the view that we were starting to see that we had to make a choice and Jose went for the Europa league. Granted, our finishing out the league campaign was disappointing, but he made obvious progress on the mess he took over. With Moyes, who took over champions finishing 6th and winning nothing, decimating morale and showing himself to be absolutely clueless the same cannot be said. There are a host of other parts of the equation to factor in besides only where you finish in the league.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

What are you talking about? Mourinho made it clear from the first game we played in the EL that he was going to play a strong team in the competition. It had nothing to do with how we were performing in the league. And LvG wasn't just sacked for finishing outside the top four, a much better option was available in Mourinho so of course the club was getting to let him go. The FA Cup win was nice nobody is denying that. And no Mourinho wouldn't have been sacked if we never gained CL qualification through the EL last season, it's clear the board are very confident in him and I doubt us not getting CL last season would've effected that too much. They would've give him another season for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.