Jose Mourinho | 2017/18 Assessments | Poll Added

Your stance

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

haram

I have a feeling Gary Neville wouldn’t be saying anything if Scott played for England.

Raw

According to Squawka, we've created 336 chances in the league this season. Last season we created 447. That's 111 less chances (nearly 3 chances per game).

Last season's football wasn't exactly the best but I thought it was better than this seasons, it was just that last season was more frustrating because we kept missing golden chances. I really thought we'd play the same style with the addition of Lukaku to put more of those chances away. Was Ibrahimovic really that important to our chance creation? Or has Mourinho changed it around?

automaticflare

According to Squawka, we've created 336 chances in the league this season. Last season we created 447. That's 111 less chances (nearly 3 chances per game).

Last season's football wasn't exactly the best but I thought it was better than this seasons, it was just that last season was more frustrating because we kept missing golden chances. I really thought we'd play the same style with the addition of Lukaku to put more of those chances away. Was Ibrahimovic really that important to our chance creation? Or has Mourinho changed it around?
Mikitaryan

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That comment about McTominay was superb. He's just a 'kid' ffs!

Anywhoo. Mou's other comment about restructuring his backroom staffs gives me a hope, an excitement for next season. At least he's not afraid to challenge himself to new ideas and approach. Crossed fingers.

Also on the polls, I wish there's an E)Boue option, as usual. It gives people, like me, to change their mind from "get rid" to wait and see.

Lentwood

Some of that could be down to the fact that we were chasing more games for longer last season.

We all know Jose parks the bus once we go ahead and this season we’ve been ahead a lot more than we were last season

haram

We break teams down quicker, take the lead, and dont need to chase the game. Last year we were chasing every game trying to get the winner at 1-1.

C'est Moi Cantona

That's it. This pretty much confirms he's reading Caf. :lol:
Is this kid his comfort blanket or something, he is ok, but heck he's not great, Mctominay is almost a reflection of what Jose is as a manager just now, a safe choice at achieving the bare minimum, with nothing flashy to show for it.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
The actual chances of United actually sacking Mourinho are incredibly slim anyway. Looking at it from the Glazer's point of view he's been very successful so far; CL in consecutive seasons for the first time since SAF retired, already won two trophies with the potential of a third against Chelsea and achieved our highest placed finish in 5 years.
That abouit sums it up for me.
And it is also the reason why I want to see what he can achieve next season.
I do expect progression. In fact, I expect the league title.

Raw

We break teams down quicker, take the lead, and dont need to chase the game. Last year we were chasing every game trying to get the winner at 1-1.
That's a good point.

Checking again maybe there's some uncertainty with the Squawka stats, because it seems like everyone (including City and Liverpool) has created less chances. Still, we've got the biggest difference between seasons.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Is this kid his comfort blanket or something, he is ok, but heck he's not great, Mctominay is almost a reflection of what Jose is as a manager just now, a safe choice at achieving the bare minimum, with nothing flashy to show for it.
It does seem odd that whenever Jose feels he is under flack, he wheels out Scott McT, as his defensive shield.

Handré1990

If we see more progression next year I’d be happy enough. With a little bit of perspective I’m more pleased with complaining about not playing beautiful football than generally being a bit shit, which was the case with our previous two.

He’s stabilized the ship.

Greck

That stat tells us quantity of chances not quality. Last season we would pass it in front of the opponents goal then realise we couldn't break them down and start shooting freely. Everyone says keepers were having blinders when it was us who kept spamming the tamest shot attempts even a nanny could save

C'est Moi Cantona

It does seem odd that whenever Jose feels he is under flack, he wheels out Scott McT, as his defensive shield.
It's ridiculous, he's done it a few times now, Jose thinks we're all stupid and can't see through this sort of nonsense, it'll be interesting to see what he says when the lad doesn't see the light of day next season assuming Jose gets his transfer targets in.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Checking again maybe there's some uncertainty with the Squawka stats, because it seems like everyone (including City and Liverpool) has created less chances. Still, we've got the biggest difference between seasons.
As I see, you don't have last 4 games. Our game vs Bournemouth is last on the list.

http://www.squawka.com/teams/manche...eason-2017/2018#819#all-matches#1-34#by-match

It would still be less than last season, obviously, but not such a massive difference.

One thing though, which is interesting, is our chances created after Sanchez arrival, that it is from Spurs game. It went from 10,6 in the game down to 8.1.

SammyUnited_83

Sat fairly close to him today. Was hammering Shaw for pretty much everything.

I'm no Shaw fan, and, really not arsed if he goes, but didn't see what he was doing wrong.

Re Jose. Should have played some kids today. Big mistake.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.

I'm no Shaw fan, and, really not arsed if he goes, but didn't see what he was doing wrong.

If you don't mind me asking, how did Shaw react?

The United

I do think that he has a hard on for Shaw.

Shaw moved to United when people were sure he would be heading to Chelsea while Jose was there. Later, he said something like Shaw chose united for money. I would not be surprised Shaw got a lot of shit because of it. Not that Shaw is perfect though.

ghagua

I do think that he has a hard on for Shaw.

Shaw moved to United when people were sure he would be heading to Chelsea while Jose was there. Later, he said something like Shaw chose united for money. I would not be surprised Shaw got a lot of shit because of it. Not that Shaw is perfect though.
Said it before, Shaw is Mourinho's prey for turning him down at Chelsea. If Shaw is unprofessional as he is made out to be, why is he anywhere near the first team squad.

Kostov

I got to wonder why would he do that? Young was awful and Shaw was an improvement for contrast.

Philip Charnock

Supports
BOLTON Wanderers.
Not good enough so far, he hasn't done whats expected of him. We look no closer to Europe's elite now than we were under LVG, and that's where we ought to be.
This Special one has has a poor record in European football. What did he really achieve with Chelsea? As far as I'm concerned his rant about the past poor results showed his real attitude and puerile character. Of course as fans we care about the past. But, if he's not aware of it, its his present and future we care about. Don't blame your players. Blame yourself.

sugar_kane

It's a very transparent attempt by him to create an example to cite whenever he is criticised for not moulding talent or playing youth. In games that mattered he barely played in the last few months.

Andersons Dietician

I got to wonder why would he do that? Young was awful and Shaw was an improvement for contrast.
If I recall last year he said something along the lines of Shaw was probably the best fullback at the club, then at another point he is one of the best athletes at the club. Jose also supposedly wanted him at Chelsea so Jose must have seen something in him then.

Maybe he does think these thing but to get the best out of Luke he has decided to go with the stick rather than the carrot to mold him in to what it is he views as a good FB. It does however seem weird that if he really felt these things why he wouldn’t get more outings.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
That stat tells us quantity of chances not quality. Last season we would pass it in front of the opponents goal then realise we couldn't break them down and start shooting freely. Everyone says keepers were having blinders when it was us who kept spamming the tamest shot attempts even a nanny could save
I honestly don't think we changed much in that regard

Donnie Brasco

This Special one has has a poor record in European football. What did he really achieve with Chelsea? As far as I'm concerned his rant about the past poor results showed his real attitude and puerile character. Of course as fans we care about the past. But, if he's not aware of it, its his present and future we care about. Don't blame your players. Blame yourself.
:lol::lol:
His record are among the best and is even higher than SAF but whatever.

He has gotten more criticism from our fans than Moyes or LVG ever did, most of our fanbase don't even deserve him.
They deserved another season of LVG and "attacking youth" play.

Kostov

If I recall last year he said something along the lines of Shaw was probably the best fullback at the club, then at another point he is one of the best athletes at the club. Jose also supposedly wanted him at Chelsea so Jose must have seen something in him then.

Maybe he does think these thing but to get the best out of Luke he has decided to go with the stick rather than the carrot to mold him in to what it is he views as a good FB. It does however seem weird that if he really felt these things why he wouldn’t get more outings.
I've been thinking the same think, but frankly it's fecking tiring now. The kid had plenty of good and solid games, yet we revert back to Young. You only need to look at the last game, Young was terrible until taken off, he gets a pat on the back and a place for the final while Jose barates Shaw for no reason.

I am one of Jose's supporters and generally want him to succeed, but the treatment of Martial and Shaw leaves a bitter taste, and contributes in a lot of lost trust going forward.

OldSchoolManc

:lol::lol:
His record are among the best and is even higher than SAF but whatever.

He has gotten more criticism from our fans than Moyes or LVG ever did, most of our fanbase don't even deserve him.
They deserved another season of LVG and "attacking youth" play.
Very true. I think he can now build on the ship he’s steadied and make us more attacking up top. People forget how entertaining some of his past teams were.
His 1st spell at Chelsea had some great football and they were smashing opponents everywhere.
I remember thinking back then, that I hoped he’d take over from Fergie eventually.

vangagal

Car crash of a post.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Oh dear, Jose won 2 CLs and 2 Europa leagues, that would put him at very high on the list.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Said it before, Shaw is Mourinho's prey for turning him down at Chelsea. If Shaw is unprofessional as he is made out to be, why is he anywhere near the first team squad.
Lukaku rage quit on Mou's Chelsea (twice) now he's an untouchable with him.

wub1234

Supports
Don't support a team
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/entertaining

Entertaining

affording entertainment; amusing; diverting.
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/entertainment

Entertainment

Something affording pleasure, diversion, or amusement, especially a performance of some kind.
There you go, Jose, that's what the 'confusing' word entertaining means.

Unfortunately, Jose, you can't dictate whether something is entertaining or not. You can't say "I thought it was entertaining, therefore it was entertaining". Whether or not something is entertaining is a subjective quality, which differs from person to person.

But if lots of people uniformly state that something isn't entertaining, it's reasonable to assume that it's not entertaining. You can't then say "well, I know one person who thinks that it is entertaining, therefore it is entertaining". That person's opinion is valid from their perspective, but it doesn't override the millions of people who believe that it isn't entertaining.

Hopefully you can follow this high level linguistics...

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Seriously?, you are gonna berate him for this too?..
What for saying that winning six nil is not entertaining to him? Damn right I’m going to berate that. You might be happy with our style of play, but I’m not, and seemingly things aren’t going to change any time soon.

Swift Football

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/entertaining

Entertaining

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/entertainment

Entertainment

There you go, Jose, that's what the 'confusing' word entertaining means.

Unfortunately, Jose, you can't dictate whether something is entertaining or not. You can't say "I thought it was entertaining, therefore it was entertaining". Whether or not something is entertaining is a subjective quality, which differs from person to person.

But if lots of people uniformly state that something isn't entertaining, it's reasonable to assume that it's not entertaining. You can't then say "well, I know one person who thinks that it is entertaining, therefore it is entertaining". That person's opinion is valid from their perspective, but it doesn't override the millions of people who believe that it isn't entertaining.

Hopefully you can follow this high level linguistics...
NOw wait for somebody to comment...But but Jose's Madrid score some 105 goals, surely that is entertaining.

Canagel

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44170167

Anyone expecting more entertaining football next season is going to be very dissapointed.

Winning six nil is not entertaining to Mourinho...
How is winning 6-0 not entertaining but an open game is? From our own perspective - the club, fans - an open game is the last thing we need. The best and easiest way to win games is to score as many goals as possible. Try to have that intention. He just doesn't get it does he? Nobody is asking to win 6-0 every game. On paper we have more quality than Chelsea. So to attempt to grind out a 1-0 is a misuse of that quality. Of course we'll all be happy with the result and any win is a win however the intentions should be to go out there and impose ourselves on the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.